max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hey. I wanted to know what are some of the best mods for increasing realism with the game. I know ACE isn't here, so a huge hole has been left open. I figure some addons take its place, but if I've missed any, be it for something that ACE has done before, or something that makes the game more realistic, please tell me. I'm using the following:

- ASR Appendix

- ASR AI

- bCombat (is this or FFIS better?)

- Real Armor (I know ACE didn't have something like this, as this mod tries to deal away with the point system entirely for vehicles)

- TMR Modular Realism

- TPW MODS

- XMedSys (I know there are a few other mods regarding healing, but this one is closest to ACE, and by that I mean it is realistic but not overtly complex)

Have I missed any?

Take a look at this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199429872#185014

I found it to be very helpful in getting an ACE-like experience.

Hi guys.

I was trying to make an addon but I not have enough knowledge!

I would like to request a vehicle. The Mercedes G 63 AMG SUV, used in various countries and also by the Russian mafia!

I found some ready 3D models to facilitate.

http://www.formfonts.com/3D-Model/1/12681/1/transportation/i20-vehicles/i2020-truckssuvs/mercedes-gclass-swb-flat-color/

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=db804140

Thx guys

Take a look at this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199429872#185014

I found it to be very helpful in getting an ACE-like experience.

Thanks friend! That's pretty cool. I have a few questions for some people here who might use combat AI mods;

- Can bCombat, FFIS, and WWAI all work together? Or do they conflict?

- What about Real Armor and the Armor Improvement System? One changes the variables of vehicle damage and the other adds a defense system to the vehicles. I have no idea if these cause issues. I figure I would ask as the community is probably far more intelligent than I when it comes to digging under the hood.

Thanks friend! That's pretty cool. I have a few questions for some people here who might use combat AI mods;

- Can bCombat, FFIS, and WWAI all work together? Or do they conflict?

- What about Real Armor and the Armor Improvement System? One changes the variables of vehicle damage and the other adds a defense system to the vehicles. I have no idea if these cause issues. I figure I would ask as the community is probably far more intelligent than I when it comes to digging under the hood.

Best way to find out is to try them all together and use a process of elimination to determine which ones cause a crash. The general rule of thumb is that if it does not modify the same thing/object/parameter/entry, it should work with each other.

Hi I would like to request a new universal attachment that would project a laser sight similar to IR laser, that is visible to naked eye (you dont need NVG's to see it). Im very much aware this is completely unrealistic, but I like using over the shoulder camera and something that would help me aim better (Im a bad shoot ) would be an awesome addition. It seems that green laser would be best solution for visibility.

Is it possible to create an attachment like that?

BTW: Guys, lets be mature: dont just brush my request off with "HERP DERP LEARN TO PLAY n00b!!!1oneelevenshift+1!" or "Do not create something like this as it is unrealistic and I would not use shit like that". I want to play MY Arma 3 the way I see fit and Im not forcing you to use mods you dont want to use.

Someone really needs to have the m40a5 or m24 to be released, I mean, where are the medium caliber sniper rifles =(

Well FHQ has been making an awesome variant of the xm2010 which is actually an m24, but a classic M40A3-5 would be awesome.

Mk13 sniper and L115A3 too. All this medium caliber rifles deserve a spot in arma 3 like how they did in A2

Hi guys.

I was trying to make an addon but I not have enough knowledge!

I would like to request a vehicle. The Mercedes G 63 AMG SUV, used in various countries and also by the Russian mafia!

I found some ready 3D models to facilitate.

http://www.formfonts.com/3D-Model/1/12681/1/transportation/i20-vehicles/i2020-truckssuvs/mercedes-gclass-swb-flat-color/

http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=db804140

Thx guys

I'm not positive, but I believe that there are some problems regarding using other models. Mainly, permissions and stealing - you may not have the original author's consent. And even if it's from a free sharing site, you may not know if the model itself has been stolen and reposted. Stuff like that. Now, if everything checks out then that may be a possibility. But for now I don't think just giving a link suffices.

But, like I said, I'm not positive.

Has there been any effort to make addons of the Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS? It would be nice to have a CMR-W reticle or Horus reticle for application on 7.62x51mm guns.

Been searching the forums if someone requested this before but couldn't find anything.

I would like to request a fire extinguisher. I'm not sure if it is possible to do or not but would be very handy to have available.

Something about a toolkit in size/weight that you could add to inventory on units or vehicles.

Scenario:

Our community uses Xmedsys for first aid and if a vehicle hits an IED, the people inside often bleeds out before we are able to drag them out because the vehicle is still on fire and anyone who gets close dies of burndamage.

So an item you could put in your vehicles inventory to grab if another vehicle is burning to stop the fire and remove the risk of burndamage, No need to restore the wreck to useable state or anything, just remove the risk of burndamage for rescuers.

Imagine this, a truly futuristic Arma mod. Combat is still at its core realistic and tactical. But some future gear is layered on top of it.

Some ideas:

-Shoulder mounted anti-tank rockets for infantry http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/suWVB-1e7Jk/hqdefault.jpg

-exoskeletons for infantry http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/US_Army_powered_armor.jpg

-More futuristic guns, taking the "plausible" or "almost real" ideas of stuff like the MX Rifles and taking it just a bit further, high tech flechette shotguns, railgun tank/ship cannons, VTOL hover jet attack "choppers", more advanced machineguns, stuff like that.

Finally, a really cool idea, how about you imagine opening up your UAV terminal to control something like this badboy http://www.omnicorp.com/images/product/carousel-ED209.jpg

Which ai mod is best for multiplayer?

i have not tried Bcombat yet but that is a nice AI mod, i know that VTS duckhunt works well for long range combat too.

I don't know if someone already post this, but I hope for an addon about realistic vehicle ammo count.

Currently all vehicles are extremely under armed, some has as little as 100 auto cannon shells, which is neither fun nor realistic.

You know, I think it would be kinda cool if someone built a set of different STANAG magazines. Maybe they could build a set of Magpul PMags, SureFire 60- and 100-round mags, C-Beta dual drums, Lancer Tactical mags, etc. That would be really cool.

Maybe they could even build a Magpul AK-PMag for those running AK addons. Or even a set of aftermarket magazines built for the MX-series rifle in 6.5x39mm Caseless. Magpul MXMags lol

Just an idea. But rocking a set of PMags in my C8 would be great. It would also be cool to use the SureFire mags to recreate the Marines' new M27.

I want to see a Mantis AA Gun and a Civs/Phalinx AA Gun that we can use in the Cargo Hold and keep hidden under a Hood out of sight some sort of mines that can be spawned around it to keep enemy players at bay.Tripwire Flare System or the like.

You know, I think it would be kinda cool if someone built a set of different STANAG magazines. Maybe they could build a set of Magpul PMags, SureFire 60- and 100-round mags, C-Beta dual drums, Lancer Tactical mags, etc. That would be really cool.

Maybe they could even build a Magpul AK-PMag for those running AK addons. Or even a set of aftermarket magazines built for the MX-series rifle in 6.5x39mm Caseless. Magpul MXMags lol

Just an idea. But rocking a set of PMags in my C8 would be great. It would also be cool to use the SureFire mags to recreate the Marines' new M27.

currently impossible with the way the game handles weapons

however, if someone could make a mod allowing this (define mags the same way the game defines attachments), that would be pretty nifty

Back then it was called JAM (Joint Ammo Magazines) which did what was above. BUT the issue is the 3D model for each magazine, etc. It's easy to do but a bit hard to implement.

Greetings

My group is looking for some detailed mods to play with in Arma III.

currently we are looking for a UH-60 Blackhawk and a CH-47 Chinook.

I have seen these helicopters in a few youtube videos however i cannot find them on any forum or on armaholic.

If any body has a link or knows these mods or is willing to make them if they can and have time, then please post a comment on this thread or hit me up on steam, my name is timmyrules56.

Thanks

currently impossible with the way the game handles weapons

however, if someone could make a mod allowing this (define mags the same way the game defines attachments), that would be pretty nifty

Back then it was called JAM (Joint Ammo Magazines) which did what was above. BUT the issue is the 3D model for each magazine, etc. It's easy to do but a bit hard to implement.

I see. That's a little disappointing, but hey, maybe if someone has the free time, they can figure it out. If I could code and mod, I'd do it myself, but I don't have the skills for that.

JAM has to be the worst name for mags ever. That's like naming a condom type "STD".

Are there any mods for furniture pre-placement or addons for furniture/ interior items?

Have searched around and seems to be nothing beyond what vanilla has to offer.

Would be impressed if someone out there just made a lounge or bed.

AFAIK there are no real furniture mods. There is an objects package, called ARP2 Objects, which consists out of military objects only AFAIK.

To use buildings with furniture, you have to fall back to use custom buildings made for A2.

PS: Importing furniture to Altis and Stratis is risky, since the mysterious disappearing of furniture.

AFAIK there are no real furniture mods. There is an objects package, called ARP2 Objects, which consists out of military objects only AFAIK.

To use buildings with furniture, you have to fall back to use custom buildings made for A2.

PS: Importing furniture to Altis and Stratis is risky, since the mysterious disappearing of furniture.

LMAO look at the top title on the second picture!!! "Madonna rushed to hospital after fall from horse" LOL haha xD