max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

North African (e.g. Tunisia) terrain, South American island/terrain, and a Pacific/South East Asian terrain/island.

you mean like isla duala, because thats happening

I currently run a USMC unit for ARMA 3 and we have our own set of mods we use which involves the amazing, top-notch quality M16/M4 pack made by Robert Hammer. The problem when we play is that the 5.56x45 round is so damn weak! It took me 3 shots to the head to kill someone. And about 6-8 in the chest to kill someone! I personally think some sort of addon should be made to correct it's flawed damage so the 5.56x45 round can have the realistic, and true glory it deserves as a weapon. I know the A3 team probably made it weak so it wouldn't be too strong compared to the 6.5 round so it wouldn't look weak. Anyone agree with me on this? Right your thoughts.

For the African one? Doesn't look much like Tunisia to me...

oh didnt know you were looking for specifics but he did say there will be design changes

I have written a small mod that overrides the default cfgammo entries etc. I changed various settings for the 5.56mm to perform more realistically.

Not much to it to increase the damage (default is 8 I think) for us its 10.

The main problem overall to my knowledge though is the body armour settings currently in Arma 3 and not the weapons / ammo.

Edited by Hannibal2210

There's a few things you could do:

1. Use the Mk.262 rounds that come with the pack. They pack a bigger punch (but not as big as 6.5mm)

2. If you don't want to use too many mods you could try devbranch. There's been a damage overhaul recently and is more reasonable. Devbranch is somewhat unstable, though, and that's something worth considering.

In response to antoineflemmings' request:

I like to ask for a map based on Christmas Island (coördinates: -10.485786,105.635605 on google maps )

It has a town the size of Kavala, a large detention centre, and an airport, and a phosphate mine. Plus a whole lot of dense jungle, but still various roads crossing through it..

It surely could make for an interesting South East Asia map, if you'd ask me. :) Overall, it's size all around is about a quarter smaller then Altis is. If anyone takes it up, thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I would also like to ask for all default uniforms/clothing and all headgear and accesories, etc. etc. in multiple numbers of say 20 pieces per item in an ammo-box or something..

Would make for easier outfitting characters to personal liking. However, I do wonder why BIS hadn't included this in game already? Or if so, where can I find it? (I know about classnames wiki, but I refer to a filled box.)

Edited by Thani '82

It's not hard to produce such a mod, one way is increase the ammo hit value, the other way is to decrease the armour value. In ArmA3, not only head, hands, body, legs have different armour value, the wearing, such as helmet, vest has also its armour value. The number of ammos are far less than the number of wearings, so increasing the ammo hit value is a relatively easy mod.

Easy enough to do, did that on my own personal weapon and the Ultimax as well.

There's a few things you could do:

1. Use the Mk.262 rounds that come with the pack. They pack a bigger punch (but not as big as 6.5mm)

Actually the 262 rounds are only .5 of a hit higher, the difference is barely noricable at the current stage.

If you look through the dev branch changelogs you'll find they've been changing around body armor quite a bit which is why you're getting inconsistencies and ineffective rounds, such a mod likely won't be realistic in even 2-3 weeks time on dev branch or a few months on stable as it'll likely do too much or too little damage even if it's fine by todays settings.

I'd love to see one of these pirate guns in Arma 3.

4fd8a50ecf1cd2c5232e7b731fc1c896.png

There's a grenade launcher in arma 2 sample models (well, it's in Arma 2) that could be used to begin with. it needs some cutting and re-shaping, but it's a start.

IMO, it should be configured as a side-arm.

moawr pics

Edited by ltsThomas

I'd love to see one of these pirate guns in Arma 3.

http://gyazo.com/4fd8a50ecf1cd2c5232e7b731fc1c896.png

There's a grenade launcher in arma 2 sample models (well, it's in Arma 2) that could be used to begin with. it needs some cutting and re-shaping, but it's a start.

IMO, it should be configured as a side-arm. It shoots

moawr pics

Oh man I've been pushing for that in SOC since day one, you're not alone :)

If anyone is willing to mod this, I like to ask for someone to please address the lacking diversity in weapon-systems planted on the FIA's technicals. Thanks in advance. :)

Addon Request: A map of South Vietnam complete with jungles, rivers, paddies, mountains, hills, villages, firebases, etc. :)

If anyone is willing to mod this' date=' I like to ask for someone to please address the lacking diversity in weapon-systems planted on the FIA's technicals. Thanks in advance. :)[/quote']

What, like rocket pods taken off of old Soviet helicopters, Libya-style; recoilless rifles, that kind of thing?

I'd love to see A2 OA blackhawk ported over, as well as a slightly altered version that does not have benches but soldiers have to sit in the door instead.

What, like rocket pods taken off of old Soviet helicopters, Libya-style; recoilless rifles, that kind of thing?

That wasn't what I was thinking about, but hey, now that you mention it, why not? However, I was referring to default 2035 weapon systems already in game. :)

Dunno if it's been mentioned already, but a HALO/SCUBA addon that follows the VBS2 2.12 actions, if it can be made for VBS2 I'm sure that BiS could easily make a reaistic Freefall module for ARMA3 and even ARMA2, as a skydiver myself, what the VBS2 offers is pretty realistic

Hi,

I'm going to post a mod list that I'd like to see added to the Game all as portable, light to carry easy to set up equipment you can carry in a backpack.

Here is my list and some explanation as to why I would like them added.

Portable Camp Site:

CamouflageTent.jpg

Uses:

-To provide a small 1-2 man FOB on long ops.

-To allow the player to maintain Recon status over enemy zones.

-To give the player a Re-spawn point while to far from base.

-Can also provide Sniper cover for better concealment.

Includes:

-Tent - Fits 1-2 people.

-Small table and chair.

-Virtual Ammo Box for resupply.

-50.cal machine gun for defense.

-Mine field surrounding the camp starting at 120m.

-Sang bag wall surrounding the entire camp.

Here are some Terrain ideas:

Steamboat_Two+4.jpg

Dense_Forest_02_by_Miffliness_Stock.jpg

http://www.indiamike.com/files/images/32/66/09/dense-forest-on-the-coonoor-side-seen-from-doddabetta.jpg (134 kB)

http://blog.geocaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Swamp-Caching.png (531 kB)

I'd like to see denser Terrain in arma 3, the terrain is to open even in forested areas, I'd like to have the option to have more of everything, also there needs to be more grass on the ground but as it stands we need all the protection we can get against this super AI that takes less than a micro second to find you and fill you with lead!

Here is a well needed equipment list:

http://www.strangemilitary.com/images/content/175383.jpg (120 kB)

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/image49.png (172 kB)

military-tools-338.jpg

Please add these, even if it's only an inventory Item you can't use.

Trenches! We need trenches, yet again for defense against super AI!

V080_Trench.jpg

Bunkers, and Tunnel Systems!

tunnel1.jpg

Just because you know you want to!

That is my list, and I hope someone takes into consideration that all these things provide not only tactical advantages, but also give us more immersion!

Edited by Yoshi

Hi,

There is an island of the coast of Japan called Hashima Island.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6b/Battle-Ship_Island_Nagasaki_Japan.jpg (708 kB)

hashima.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island5.jpg

Hashima10.jpg

gunkanjima-block-65.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island8.jpg

gunkanjima-island-view-from-side-1024x768.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island4.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island2.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island3.jpg

Gunkanjima-hashima-island7.jpg

This is a small very compact island with a lot of aging damage and growth, that in no doubt would provide the best environment to engage in many different types of multi-player and single player missions. It's perfect and with the right team to tackle it the island could boast spectacular detail, and the overall size of it makes it the perfect pet project for experienced modders.

I want to officially request that this island map, be added to the ArmA 3 arsenal, I'm not asking for a detailed map in five minutes, five days or weeks. But that it is given serious consideration as a viable add on to this game. The island isn't that big, but the options for incredible missions and pvp based servers would not doubt boost ArmA 3's lure. The island in real life is very well known for being the most densely populated island in the world during it's time, but now remains quiet and dormant as one of the greatest ghost town/ city locations in the world.

Please post if your interested in bringing this fantastic location to ArmA 3, with fully explorable areas and buildings, high quality models and textures.