max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

replacement mod that replaces Arma 3 standard NATO weapons with the ones from RH m4/m16 pack!

Okay so there has been some serious development in the hand held, short range sub 2km range Commando Mortars. The UK armed Forces, US special Forces and many forces around the world are playing with these and finding them pretty damn effective. No need for a complex sight, or bipod or base plate and uses the same Ammunition as 60mm Company Mortars, leaving 81mm or bigger at Battalion level.

4-17.jpg

It is basically a Visual aimed, but uses a spirit level sight ( adjusted using a set angle for a set range) which you can easily get the data from someone with a Range Finder.

60mm+mortar.jpg

Here is a video of it in action.

Here is the Sight spirit Level / sight unit.

553164_mb-.jpg

See this PDF for more in depth...

http://www.hirtenberger.at/hds/pdf/M6C.pdf

Here is the firing procedure.

1. You set the distance on the Sight and the Mil bearing.

2. You load the 60mm round required (HE , WP etc with the required charge setting).

3. You sight the weapon manually on the target bearing.

4. You then shift the angle until the Spirit Level Bubble sits between the the two markers.

5. When the bubble is in the centre, you are ranged correctly, you pull the trigger and the Mortar Round fires.

6. You can then just drop the rounds in, maintaining the angle and bearing or adjusting as required.

KISS - KEEP IT STUPIDLY SIMPLE

Awesome, If we could get this in ARMA3 as an indirect, short range weapon at the Platoon level I think it would be a superb addition! Smaller lighter, more agile, a two man team with a Range Finder and 12 rounds of HE / ILLUM would not be something to dismiss on the battlefield, especially if you are pinned down or hunkered down in a static position!

Anyone willing to put some thought in how this could be simulated accurately? Or if someone is already working on it or a 60mm equivalent?

Edited by mwnciboo

m249 or m240 anyone?

Maybe update in the future when RH releases a MG pack? SAW, M240, etc.

Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons has M249 and M240's in it.

This game is crying out for a vietnam mod.. complete with F4's and Migs..

All in Arma + A2 Unsung Vietnam mod?

Mod that would make all sounds obscurable by hills, trees, buildings - as we had on the beginning of the beta. It sounded promising, authentic and with polishing it could even sound realistic.

A trailer to go with the HEMTT tractor unit would be welcome

Have to download whole bunch of addon for only 2 weapon is so burden things

Cant see how 1 mod burdens anyone, its a standalone pack and doesnt require any other mod to run.

is anyone working on physx ropes for fastroping? Really missing that in Arma 3!

US Navy MK V Special Operations Craft

800px-US_Navy_090428-N-4205W-840_MARK_V_Special_Operations_Craft_zps6ad7239d.jpg

MK_V_SOC_launching_ScanEagle_zps3dfec15f.jpg

US Navy MK V is a small, fast armored boat that is used to insert SEALs into denied enemy territory(beaches, rivers, etc). It is capable of full CRRC transport including recovery of CRRC boat and personnel. It has several gun turrets that can be fitted with almost any military weapons platform(m240, 12.7 HMG, 7.62 Gatling Guns, Stingers, etc..) It has a crew of 5 plus any additional crew gunners if the mission requires it. Here are some specs....

*Specs*

Builder: Halter Marine Inc., Gulfport, Miss.

Length Overall: 82 ft.

Beam, maximum : 17.5 ft.

Draft (max. static): 5 ft.

Displacement: 57+ tons in operational configuration

Hull: Mono hull, 5086 series aluminum

Propulsion Engines: 2 x 2285 HP MTU 12V396 TE94 engines

Propulsor: 2 x KaMeWa K50S Waterjets

Fuel Capacity: 2600 gallons fuel capacity

Nav System : Radar, GPS, LORAN, chart plotter, fathometer, flux gate compass

Comm System: VHF-BTB, VHF-FM, UHF/VHF-FM UHF AM/FM, LOS/SATCOM, VHF-High Band, HF, UHF-handheld, data, IFF

Accommodations: 5 crew,

up to 16 passengers/

up to 4 CRRC/

6 outboard motors fuel

Weapons: 5 mounting positions for 7.62 mm,

12.7mm, 40mm;

improvements include:

7.62mm gatling guns,

twin 12.7mm,

25mm guns,

STINGER

Cruise Speed (SS3): 25-35 knots

Range at Cruise: 550+ nautical miles

Max. Speed (SS2): 47-50+ knots

Range at Max Speed: 500+ nautical miles

Payload (variable): 6,500 lbs+

Deployment Package Containerized on:

2 5-ton truck (M1083 or equivalent)

4 5/4-ton truck (M1097 or equivalent)

Right, now that I've clocked 100 playing hours in Arma, in editor and online etc... These things have come

to my attention of being 'missing'... Just ideas... Some more simple then others...

1. More civilian aircraft, turboprop / small jet commercial aviation... for Altis Airport, and something like PC6 light cargo/parachuting aircraft.

Dash-8-Q400-420x0.jpg

2. Civilian ships, ie fishing trawler, or scientific vessels, like the wrecks but then ones that are in 1 piece, for harbours. Maybee sailboat etc

3. Civilian! Police, Coastguard, Fire department, Medic and Airport vehicles... (might have a look at retexturing some of those myself) (possibly various

airport units, like fuel, fire = repair, etc)

4. Explosive objects... (more of them) pallet with drums, or ammo boxes that explode when damaged.

5. Medivac possibilities, drag to aircraft, put onboard... etc

6. The L39 (AAF jet) without weapons/pods/pylons, smoke option and in aerobatics team colours.

(there are various aerobatics teams across the world using the Albatross) * I cannot remove parts,

Retexture Ill try!

http://www.globalaviationresource.com/reports/2011/breitlingjetteam/images/21.jpg

7. ROV, remote controlled deep sea vehicle

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/ROV_Hercules_2005.JPG

Edited by -HUNTER-_

Requesting a Gas/Nerve agent mod. Preferrably with a gas mask that can be donned.

1. More civilian aircraft, turboprop / small jet commercial aviation... for Altis Airport, and something like PC6 light cargo/parachuting aircraft.
Wings of Peace had a lot of airliners if you're willing to use All in Arma, and if you're willing to look at a turboprop then you can check out Gnat's Cessna 185.

Got that already! :D But I ment like large commercial liner typ thing. The pc6 was just additional.. But as

the airport on Altis is really nice I thought I needed a plane outside.

I think I've got nearly all current 'vehicle' addons... :)

Got that already! :D But I ment like large commercial liner typ thing. The pc6 was just additional.. But as

the airport on Altis is really nice I thought I needed a plane outside.

I think I've got nearly all current 'vehicle' addons... :)

If you mean "large commercial liner" then look to Wings of Peace East Pack for Arma 2, or this big combined pack of WoP and Legacy of Cold War (LoCW) pack for Arma 2, since it (like a bunch of Arma 2 vehicle addons) should work in Arma 3 if placed as Empty. (That thread mainly deals with LoCW but WoP is a mod dependency -- or rather, two of its PBOs that aren't individual aircraft are -- for LoCW.)

Proper modern russian weapons would be cool.

They would really get along with the Naval Infantry i'm working on.

It's really disappointing BIS removed all the popular weapons and replaced them with the MX and KH2002

Is there any way to alter the awful weapon sway?

In my opinion its way too much and could do with toning down.....I don't like sniping much...but an example is if i view a target at over 1k with SoS scope...the sway makes it impossible to hit said target...sways 50m in every direction even when prone.

Can anyone help...or give advice?

Is there any way to alter the awful weapon sway?

In my opinion its way too much and could do with toning down.....I don't like sniping much...but an example is if i view a target at over 1k with SoS scope...the sway makes it impossible to hit said target...sways 50m in every direction even when prone.

Can anyone help...or give advice?

TMR helps, as all sniper weapons, the DMRs, SPRs and the base of fire weapons have built in bipods, with the bipod also being a rail attachment for every other primary weapons. It really helps.