max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hi all - just wondering, does anybody know of any mods for civilian clothes. I found a few, but in particular, I'm looking for a suit ... is anything out there? Be great if there was, or if anybody was planning on doing a civilian clothes mod and could add it?

Which mods have you found so far? I've been looking myself.

The best suit was the one on the boss npc in ToH.Classy,black with red tie and slim compared with the cardboard one the civies were wearing in A2(forgivable though since they had better worries in Chernarus than the dress code:p).

Anyway if that suit could make its way in A3 in more color variation would be quite an addition for civ side.

I may be mistaken but I think the GLT mod adds variation in civ clothing.I saw some polo shirt variants in there.

So, has anyone tried to do a simple reskin of the CH-49 Mohawk (since that seems to be an American aircraft in AAF possession judging by the design and designation) that gives it the green camo of other American helicopters so that it can be put in with the NATO group? It seems odd to me that the Americans don't have a heavy lift helicopter, and the CH-49 seems to be an appropriate choice for the role.

So, has anyone tried to do a simple reskin of the CH-49 Mohawk (since that seems to be an American aircraft in AAF possession judging by the design and designation) that gives it the green camo of other American helicopters so that it can be put in with the NATO group? It seems odd to me that the Americans don't have a heavy lift helicopter, and the CH-49 seems to be an appropriate choice for the role.

You should check out some of KDK11's work. He's done a SAR version, but there's also some camo versions of the bird.

I had enormous idea for future Mod.

Realized a mod which concerns the Renaissance, with galleys, big galleons, castles with artillery, muskets, and biiiiiiig pitched battles !

Yes it is silly but if somebody is rather crazy to dash...

You should check out some of KDK11's work. He's done a SAR version, but there's also some camo versions of the bird.

I've seen a few of his threads (and a reply that gave a screenie of a CH-49 in RAF livery) and I think they're looking good. I don't think he's put any out for download yet.

I've seen a few of his threads (and a reply that gave a screenie of a CH-49 in RAF livery) and I think they're looking good. I don't think he's put any out for download yet.

I could perhaps pester him a little ;) We did a bit of work together on various things so I'll see if he would like to help you out.

I could perhaps pester him a little ;) We did a bit of work together on various things so I'll see if he would like to help you out.

Right. Yeah, I couldn't mod for the life of me - I have no idea where to start (and what programs to use), so I usually just put in my tips for things.

I did the green RAF one - I've not released it because it's just a set of textures that are applied to the standard AAF Mohawk using the setobjecttexture command from a user mission folder, rather than an addon.

I can make the textures available if you want them, or if somebody wants to write a config to make it appear as a selectable vehicle in the editor.

I did the green RAF one - I've not released it because it's just a set of textures that are applied to the standard AAF Mohawk using the setobjecttexture command from a user mission folder, rather than an addon.

I can make the textures available if you want them, or if somebody wants to write a config to make it appear as a selectable vehicle in the editor.

Have it selectable in NATO colors as a NATO vehicle, you mean?

Yep thats what da12thMonkey means.

I'd definitely download that! :D

Yes, that's what I meant.

I'm pretty busy getting stuck into some of my 3D modelling projects at the moment (when I'm not busy at work) so writing a config to make a new CH-49 entry on the NATO side with my skin, get it packed into a .pbo, tested and signed for released, is waaay down the list of things I can see myself spending time on at the moment. Especially when for my own needs, I can just set up a mission to make it appear ingame that way in the meantime.

However, if someone wants to do that bit of config work themselves and save me the effort, I'm all for it. I'll let them release it as their own addon under their own name, OFPEC tag and signature files (I've only ever released projects that I've worked on as part of the UKF or RKSL teams, so don't have my own tags and private keys for these sorts of small personal projects anyway).

A mention in the readme that I did the skin is all I'd want.

I've also got a variant of that skin with a large Union Flag on the cargo door like this.

Anyone interested? Just send me a PM, or drop me a message on Steam.

I am the same as da12thMonkey (personal projects). I would not even know where to begin with writing a config and releasing this into the game as a addon. If I could find a tutorial on it then I would try and learn the process. I think Comp_uter15776 is going to upload some screenshots of the Mohawk I just quickly retextured to have the same colours as the rest of the fleet for NATO.

That does look pretty sweet. I'm excited for it. You do some mighty fine work there.

Is anyone planning on making a desert variant of the AAF uniform? I went ahead and painted/recoloured a desert variant of the pattern on a screenshot to see what it would look like. I have done retextures for ArmA 2 but I haven't dived into ArmA 3 modding just yet I'm waiting for the full release before I do anything. I wanted to ask here since if someone else has plans to do it I'll let them have a go.

Desert variant

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Dagon14/AAFDesert_zps144d031e.png

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll156/Dagon14/AAFDesert2_zpscc20af5b.png

Original

http://www.arma3.com/images/post_images/arma3_e32013_screenshot_06.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/964436_540642639315804_201789931_o.jpg

I can release the .paa's for it. And you use code to get it working in game. However when it comes to putting this in game as a actual unit that you can pick from the NATO faction, Well I dont know how to do it. So if anyone does I will give them the textures, or if anyone can point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do it I will try my best to learn it and release it properly.

I'm looking for the texture sheets of the AAF uniform in characters_f.Pbo but I'm only seeing BLUFOR, OPFOR, and Civilian no Independent. Must be in Blufor somewhere. Hopefully I will find them and retexture them to the desert variant shown above and get them ingame.

PS: Found them in characters_f_beta I have begun texturing the uniforms and gear.

Edited by Dagon19

What is the best M4A1 Mod for ARMA 3? Realistic Physics as well as good animations etc

Thanks