max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hi all (Or: To whoever is interested in this writing here),

What I ultimately would like to ask for, is a new transitional terrain that goes from edge of Takistani mountains-->sandy hilly desert-->massive greenzone-->bog/marshland-->river and ultimately the 'Green Sea' shoreline itself, and plop a sizable Middle Eastern city-landscape on it.. If anyone is setting out to create this urbanized fictional 'Takmyr outskirts' landscape, again thanks a lot in advance! Would be awesome for the lore of Takistan, even if it isn't the whole entire city being build. (would kill all FPS if that be the case.)

Could perhaps depict one of the outer districts of the actual (fictional) city limits itself perhaps? Therefore it would allow for more variable terrain, and more options as author would please and sees fit to create it according to their own hand.
But for sake of believability it should atleast be the size of the regional capitol of Zargabad map, but then more densely packed with middle eastern buildings, and more of an interesting made terrain than that map itself happens to be.

However, the only thing I like to press here is this: There should be mountains to the north-northwest-west, and sea-shoreline to the south-southeast, as found on maps based on Takistan from Arma 2 lore.
Oh, and please don't forget the sizable wide river meandering through the middle of the district, going from North to South respectively speaking.. I say this for sake of keeping to the actual Arma 2 maps available for the Takmyr region of Takistan of Arma 2 timeline.

Now according to Arma 2's 'Takistan'/'Green Sea Region' maps still found on Internet, 'Takmyr' city limits really don't touch the 'Green Sea' shoreline by far, but it would give something to say of its sheer size of urban spawl reaching out that far and wide.
Plus please make it coastal for sake of  putting an aircraft carrier in the Green Sea as an extra off-shore military base for planes etc. like what has been done on Utes, but further out into sea.. 
That would be something I personally deem convenient to have it build into the map anyways. But that's just my opinion of it.

But above all: Thanks for creating if anyone would give it a try.

16 hours ago, Rovka said:

What I ultimately would like to ask for, is a new transitional terrain that goes from edge of Takistani mountains

Hi Rovka idk if the terrain your looking for exists, but it would be worth checking to see if it is on my

All Arma 3 Terrains Compilation list seen here

• Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 3:00 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi Rovka idk if the terrain your looking for exists, but it would be worth checking to see if it is on my

All Arma 3 Terrains Compilation list seen here

This content isnt showing anymore? 😕

Greetings, it's been a long time. So much has happened since I was last here (military service 2010).

But anyway, 

I have been on this hardcore zombie thing playing Arma 3 lately. One thing that has popped up in my head is the fictional group Zombie Eradication Response Team or Z.E.R.T. for short. More so the 1/6th action figure that VERYHOT TOYS (1/6th) made of this group. 

63fe04768a7126967232078f33dac107.jpgc30b3c81ddcdd7338c6b2e2fdac0e695.jpg1d4554deac759c2229b7c84e1b732bfb.jpg

I think the best thing about these guys are the accent red colors that are part of their uniforms, and the gear that they have thar sets them apart from others that are out killing zombies. The kinda remind me of the opposite of the HUNTERS in the video game The Division. 

I want to make some zombie content in the near future and possibly make a collaboration with the video/machinima artists out there for an amazing story. Please contact me if you have any questions of how I envision this. 

NOTE: My last request was for the MW2 Shadow Company and the guy who did that, made a bros dream come true. Too bad my data files were all corrupted. Anyway. Thank you Addon maker demi-gods

On 2/4/2022 at 4:03 PM, C. Eagle said:

This content isnt showing anymore? 😕

Welcome to bi forums!

This is not the thread to be stating that, best send a pm, or ask in general forum section.

As for my All  Arma 3 Terrains Compilation list, its there, its just hidden, whenever i update the list the forum hides it for security reasons.

After i do an update which i did on the 2nd i report it and a moderator unhides it, i just reported it again seems the mods are busy or away,

they have lives too so wait for it.

Some years ago i attempt to port this ION contractor in arma 3 but the lack abilities in 3d...... someone has ported it in game? With better textures obviuosly... 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Hey!

I'm looking for some old maps that were lost when armaholic went down.

If anyone could share a link/mirror or point a finger on where I could search for these mods I would be very grateful.

The terrains I'm looking for specifically are the following:

- Capraia

- Vostok (both Winter and Summer)

- Dnieper

Let me know if you have the slightest clue where I could find these mods.

Thank you.

Hello guys,

I am looking for a mod which allows me to swap the should view while in 3rd person. I have not been able to find anything like thos. Does a mod like this exist for ARMA? 

Thank you

You can temporarily shift your weapon to your left shoulder (but still shooting righty) and thus your view - this is for peeking left-side corners - but I've never seen a left-handed mod. It would require a staggering amount of animation work.

There's a few mods that do a 3rd person view. Some have limitations, some don't allow you to shift your view from one side to the other, but here's a few you might be able to experiment with:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284600102 (no native support for left-side)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1551751531 (has limitations with using action menu and inventories apparently)

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/141101-deadfasts-third-person-view-for-arma-3/ (last page for a link)

Hello, 

I'm currently looking for two mods to enhance Arma 3's mine and IED defusal;

First would be a "simple" mod to give the ED-1 Mini UGV (or even a totally new UGV, if that mod exists) the ability to defuse, preferably through ACE interactions.

The second mod would be one, to make defusing more complex.

Concretely I'm thinking of a sort of mini-game to defuse mines and IEDs instead of just waiting for defusal to be finished. I'm currently familiar with the "RID" mod (Walthzer's Realistic IED defusal) but was wondering, if there were more mods of that type, that also change mine defusal.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Hello all,

I was wondering if I could get someone to kitbash parts from two existing vanilla models for me? Specifically the pants with knee pads from the vanilla CSAT combat uniform with the battle-dress style top from the "light fatigues" or CSAT officer fatigues? It's for a small personal project I'm working on and if someone could help me out with this I'd be eternally grateful. (Or if someone could point me in the direction of a pre-existing example if one should already exist)

Thanks a bunch!

• Confused 1

1. cannot be done
2. wrong sub-forum category

• Like 1

Hello!

Ive been trying to find the mod for Chernarus police uniforms and vests (as seen in the added picture, link below, which is the only thing i found while searching for the mod)
Whats the name and whos the author of the mod? If you have it, could you please share it?

Thanks in advance

Image: https://imgur.com/a/VKS4XT5

I was wondering how difficult it would be to add actions to the hand signals and gestures that ACE3 brings into the game. SHIFT + NUMPAD 5 (how mine is set not sure for everyone else) will provide the fist up "halt" option, "rally point" etc.

I've seen conversations regarding the implementation however there is never any action to this and is mainly geared towards milsim. It would be nice to have these tactical hand signals actually work on AI in SP missions. Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone has considered making an M47 Patton tank for Arma 3 yet. If it already has been made then I don't know where it is (probably hidden/not listed as appearing in a larger mod), and if not then I'll just leave this as a suggestion/idea.

I think this will be a pretty neat tank for the early Cold War era.

M47.jpg

need a mod that vary the idle movements of the players and AI soldiers at random,now they stiff stand like the statues

I would really like to see Nudol mod, just for the sake of this sound😁

I am looking for a mod that will make flying in Arma more casual (basically a flight model that is more like Grand Theft Auto 5 or ace combat) than it already is. On some maps, planes could be very cool but they must be more casual in order even to take off (I am talking about Isla Duala and Ramon's Plantation Runway). 

I am looking for some nice 4+ (the more the merrier) seats civilian plane.
Ideally it should be an older type (for example, i'd LOVE to have an An-2), but i'd settle for just about anything, as long as it looks GOOD.

I am aware that i can get the An-72 from CUP or maybe make my own conversion of the old Arma 2 model, but... the age shows (the model is horrible to be honest, even if you take aside the age and forget the not-round-at-all windows and such, different geometry parts aren't even lining up, it is awful, almost like some new intern made it, not a professional 3D artist).
Even many original Arma 3 models now look mostly like... well, kinda crap (sorry for the harsh words, but that is the reality, it is now an old game and it shows).
What i would like is something that has reasonable texture resolution - meaning the hull texture should be 2K at absolute bare minimum (while using the texture space as best as possible, so for example a one wing will take the whole width) for any small planes (think the size of the Caesar BTT), and 4K for anything bigger.
And when it comes to cockpit, i want to be able to READ any text (if i zoom in enough) without seeing the ever present awul jagged lines, because most of those textures seem to be like 256x256 at best (i am aexagerating to drive the point home).
And for the love of god, when there is some curved/round shape, like a windshield or the hull/nose, it should be smooth - think of a ball instead of a dodecahedron.

I do recognize that my "conditions" may be too much for such an old game, so i am prepared to make compromises, but if there is anything that satisfies at least some of those points, then i'd like to know about it. 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/13/3464974615693466978/

Putting this out here. Don't want to remake the wheel and will probably attempt myself if it hasn't already but is there already a weapon mod for the Kalashnikov MR1 Svch Chukavin rifle. a image for reference. 

The models with the permissive license I'm eyeing at has 35 thousand faces on it (pic) is that too much for a weapon mod? Gonna have to need some guidance to simplify the geometry in blender if it is. wYr84e6.png

Edited by mikuinstallgentoo
added more information

Does anyone have a copy of RickB's Walkers (Zombies - a bit like the left 4 dead kind with boomers that emit gas) ?

Any mod that either gets rid of 6.5mm caseless, makes the bigger magazines in general have more adverse effects on sway & inertia, and/or gets rid of (or reduces the ammo) of the ridiculous mega-sized AR-mags?

Also, any mods to at least fix the weights on the big mags, like the 3lb 150 rd 5.56 dual drum?  Those things weigh like 9 lbs fully loaded in real life! No wonder the sway and shake doesn't increase that much with them in Arma 3.