max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

2 hours ago, Ṧcṍẗƭ Ņʛǚỹểʼn said:

I would like to request a mod, that contains a GA Carrier GL Rig in CADPAT, with a Canadian flag on in arm and chest.

-Snip-

That is it! :)

Have you tried the CAF Mod for Arma 3?

• Like 1

Maybe something that's been requested before, but something that I've always wanted to see come to arma is a hierarchical AI module system. Something like hetman, but in module form. The idea that I had would be similar set-up to the high command system. You would sync squads to the squad module, the squad module gets synced to the platoon module, the platoon module gets synced to the company module, ect, ect. The intent would be that the squads which are synced as a platoon would operate as one, with split formations and tactics like bounding overwatch or cordon of an area. Platoons synced as a company would do something similar, but over a wider area such as a city or over an AO that is a few km wide. Each module would then also have options to designate roles and mission objectives. The company module would have mission options tied to markers set as an AO for area denial where road blocks, OPs and screen lines would be set up, along with phase line markers for assaults. Platoon and squad modules could have role options, like supply, recon, cordon, heavy weapons, ect. There could also be an insurgent version of this as well, with cells that plant IEDs, set up ambushes, ect.

I feel like when it comes to milsim gaming, an automated nested command structure, or being build around realistic TOEs still kind of seems to be non-existent or not quite on the mark.

4 hours ago, Ṧcṍẗƭ Ņʛǚỹểʼn said:

Thank you for your sharing! :)

I have tried that before, but the armor value for the CAF vests are quite buggy.

Ah well, that's a shame. My next best suggestion would be to patiently wait for a release of another version of Operation North Star (ONS). You can download an old version from Armaholic here. Or follow their development here: 

Be warned, it appears development is slow. Addon makers have lives, too :smile_o:

Hey guys i was wondering if somebody has the time or the files for the retexture g3 from cunico in MARPAT WOODLAND & DESERT ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Requesting a Campaign hat for the USMC. 

I know there was one for US Army based units (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23806). The modauthor has not been active since September 2005 (https://forums.bistudio.com/profile/800445-jbryan/) . He stated in his mod page, that he was planning to do these for all US branches. However, it appears the work on this has stopped. I have messaged him without luck. 

I suspect a reskin can be done; however, this still shows the "round disc" which makes me think the disc (without the skin)  is part of the model. 

Any ideas or has anyoen made these specifically for a USMC based unit?  

Many thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

I would like to see Diver Mask to finally make it in arma 3. Would like to see a lot of kinds-there of ,Hard Hat as well.

Heavy Duty ,those with magnifying lenses in them,those with glass on the 3-sides.

I would want a mod that gives me the ability to use 1 rifle on the back,1rifle in the backpack,1 rifle dismantled and 2 pistols in holster chest rigg and belt holster.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:11 PM, john1 said:

I would like to see Diver Mask to finally make it in arma 3. Would like to see a lot of kinds-there of ,Hard Hat as well.

Heavy Duty ,those with magnifying lenses in them,those with glass on the 3-sides.

I would want a mod that gives me the ability to use 1 rifle on the back,1rifle in the backpack,1 rifle dismantled and 2 pistols in holster chest rigg and belt holster.

There already diver masks in the game, they only appear once you're in the water.

Go the virtual arsenal, chose a large pack, hit the try button, add the rifle to the backpack, exit back to the arsenal, chose another rife, hit try again, add the pistol to the backpack, exit back to the arsenal, chose another pistol.

Save your creation, go to the editor, place down a player, right click, and where it says change loadouts or something like that go to your saved character, and voila, a rifle, with another one in the pack, along with a second pistol. 

as for chest holster and leg holster, not possible as far as I'm aware due to there only being one proxy for sidearms,

• Like 1

Hello friends,

I virtually serve in the German AFSOC-Clan which is part of the ArmA Warfare Cooperation. I am responsible for the JTAC training within our Clan and community.

I am looking for a specific item I know from VBS. I am using VBS almost every week on my real Army duties and this item is amazing. The item is called Izlit. It's basically a large IR-pointer. The IR beam is much bigger than the ones you have attached on your rifle. It's much easier to spot, especially for aircrews. I tried to fullfil JTAC tasks with the normal IR-pointer but it didn't go very well. The normal beam is just too small to be spot from a distance greater than a few hundred meters (or yards). 

Is there a modder able to make such a device?

Or is something like that already published?
I dind't find anything on the internet.

Best regards!

Edited by Giampy87

I want some system that adds in CAS and arty on its own ,as mod ,not as script. I want the Requester/Provider to be there automatically and some easy way to add more planes addons to it. Spawn point as well, for SP games.  Thanks.

On 20.2.2017 at 2:13 PM, sammael said:

RPO SHMEL M. (Thermaboric rocket launcher)

Yeah that where great for RHS and/or Caucasian Insurgency!

I'm just going to throw this idea out there & see if anything happens: how about an Airbus A330-200? It would work well with 2 base models, civil & military. The civil version perhaps with a drop down config menu with engine options (GE, P&W or RR) & paint scheme options & the military A330 MRTT with built-in countermeasures, drop down config menu with optional AAR kit (boom / hose & drogue or both), engine options, paint schemes & ability to receive & offload fuel to other aircraft. This would work really well & add to the whole immersion of maps such as Taunus for example. I know the USAF mod made the KC-135 (which is awesome), I just thought the A330/KC-30 might be more fitting for Arma 3's timeline as they're in widespread use & will be for many more years to come. Just a thought. Thanks. Fiji-Airways-A330-Nadi.jpg15J00474USAF_24-800x445.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 5:38 AM, The Turbanator said:

I'm just going to throw this idea out there & see if anything happens: how about an Airbus A330-200? It would work well with 2 base models, civil & military. The civil version perhaps with a drop down config menu with engine options (GE, P&W or RR) & paint scheme options & the military A330 MRTT with built-in countermeasures, drop down config menu with optional AAR kit (boom / hose & drogue or both), engine options, paint schemes & ability to receive & offload fuel to other aircraft. This would work really well & add to the whole immersion of maps such as Taunus for example. I know the USAF mod made the KC-135 (which is awesome), I just thought the A330/KC-30 might be more fitting for Arma 3's timeline as they're in widespread use & will be for many more years to come. Just a thought. Thanks. 

-Snip-

Unfortunately to my knowledge there are no A330-200s released publicly for A3. The closest thing I can think of is the 737-100 [Dust]Sabre has added for Arma, with the model made by Helijah. Fortunately, he recently updated his "Sabre's Military Aviation" mod that contains a KC-737. That would be the closest thing to a KC-30. Likewise, the civilian variant of the 737 is present in his "Sabre's Civil Aircraft" mod.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 6:41 AM, teddymosart1 said:

Simple Auto Land System for Helicopters:  Could someone make a system that utilizes the "autoland" system ILS for planes ,with a invisible landing pad and maybe tie it to the Shift-click wp-pointer and below a set speed hook the helo and set it down on the ground.

I would like to request someone made a rardar altimeter with a script that makes reading ahead of aircraft and could keep a set altitude.Much needed for me.

thanks 

Radar altimeter is vanilla Arma altitude for aircraft.

Use Kimi's HMD which has Mean Sea Level (MSL or altitude above sea level) built in to keep a constant altitude. Also why do you want autoland for a helicopter? Just learn how to land?

I'd like to see an addon for red tracer ammo for the Mk200 6.5mm (both standard and full tracer), as an alternative to the standard yellow tracers. 

The Mk200 makes a great alternative to the MX SW, but it's a shame that it's yellow tracers don't fit with other NATO weapons.

Thanks to anyone who can do this!

Edited by Daedalus451
Correcting weapon name

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

There is a  Nimitz carrier addon, or is that not big enough?

With all respect to JDog and TeTeTìs's' great addon, the Nimitz is not the Gerald R. Ford. May not even be bigger but it is significantly different.

12 hours ago, sasha013 said:

With all respect to JDog and TeTeTìs's' great addon, the Nimitz is not the Gerald R. Ford. May not even be bigger but it is significantly different.

Well if you need, perhaps learn to create your own :f:

13 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Well if you need, perhaps learn to create your own :f:

Then it would defeat the whole purpose of using this thread then, considering it's the 'Addon Request Thread'...

2 minutes ago, sasha013 said:

Then it would defeat the whole purpose of using this thread then, considering it's the 'Addon Request Thread'...

I certainly understand the whole point of the thread, as i am a forum moderator :f:. I was just offering a suggestion.

Just now, R0adki11 said:

I certainly understand the whole point of the thread, as i am a forum moderator ;). I was just offering a suggestion, as i request such a complex addon is not necessarily going to be created overnight.

I don't expect it to be created overnight, I never said I did. It was just that, a request.

If I'd known requests on this thread were limited to smaller less complex mods, then obviously I would've refrained from posting in the first place.