max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

14 hours ago, BictMark said:

Leave feedback.

Make one if you want to, at the end of the day you should make content for yourself, releasing is a bonus. After all addon making is a hobby.

• Like 3

i don't know if asked before

there is a untextured ops core helmet in game,  (  this addHeadgear "H_BandMask_demon";  )

i guess that it shares the same material and textures from light helmets.
Someone has tried some config? 

is very useful for guerrilla/green faction

A mod that allows a player to set multiple waypoints in-game, dynamically, that cycle from one to the next. To get an idea of what I'm talking about just look to the editor, you can set a waypoint and a trigger so that when the player reaches the first waypoint a new waypoint appears, and so on.

I'd like to see people be able to do this in-game without zeus or the mission editor setting it up. In my mind it looks similar to mission markers, so you can set it to side or group (and if possible "individual" so only the player that places it will see it) and you can set the order of these waypoints. As you reach the waypoint (within a certain distance with is set by the player setting the waypoint) the waypoint cycles and you are automatically directed to the next one.

Why would anyone care about this? I care about it because it would be the arma equivalent of real life aircraft GPS waypoint systems that cycle to the next waypoint as you cross the previous one. 

• Like 1

i will try  making a  thread where we can disscuss and share "mech" mods made for Arma 3

there was one for operation flashpoint maybe its okay to make one for Arma 3

so far theres no "hard to find" ones

I would like to request that someone makes a mod that allows you to choose between having the throttle percentage in fixed wing or the good old hold shift up to speed method that made it so much easier for people who cannot afford a flight stick like my self

I'm looking for a map that has a dense northern-style forest. Tanoa is great in that the forests are very thick and have a lot of ground cover (hard to see through it), but the mission I'm trying to make (a scary horror kind of thing) doesn't really work in a tropical setting. I tried the Chernarus Redux community map, and it has the right kind of forest but it's very sparse, the trees are at least 10 - 15 feet apart and there's no other type of foliage (no bushes, fallen logs, etc.). Any recommendations for an existing map like that?

Here's an example of what I'm looking for:

JzEAB3j.png

• Like 2

We really really need more sci-fi assets in Arma3. \o/

I stumbled on this picture today :

CMqMjHqzLnm7TZrJoi4Fxm-650-80.jpg

...and thought "dude that is totally feasable in Arma". And it would look so cool.

Argh, if only I had the skills and the time to do this. T_T

• Like 2

Are there any mods that add the Black SS uniform?DI0208-2.jpg?1466782355DI0208-3.jpg?1466782355

Also are there mods that add dress Uniforms? I’m looking for dress uniforms from any country,any time period, and any branch (Navy, Air Force, Marines, Army, etc). I’d really love something like the USMC Dress Bluespost_usmc_ready_join2_ww2.jpg

or the Royal Gibraltar Regiment’s dress uniformf5971dbc9e05d74e88a677619f2815a5.jpg

I know it’s not very practical in combat but I’d love for my Squadmates and I to look sexy during patrols:tounge:

I need to ask for this. For anyone who has played Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead, JSRS 1.5 and JSRS ACE was amazing sounding. Would it be hard for someone to take the sound of the A10 from these sound packs, and say use them on another model of the A-10? In my opinion, none of the A-10's in Arma 3 just right. The gun I mean, the planes are amazing, but the gun just lacks the sound. Is there a mod that has the actual, proper a-10 sound (with the echo, the actual BRRRRRRRRRRRRT). If not, would it be hard to make a mod like that?

My mod suggestion is that someone makes an A-10 sound mod that can replace the sound of the GAU-8 in other A-10 mods. Preferably from JSRS 1.5 or JSRS ACE. A lot of people want it, i'm sure it would be a hit!

Edit: Ignore this actually, working on something related to this at the moment. Would delete if i could!

Edited by Suprised Stan Lee
Working on my mod suggestion.

What?! I didnt know we had an army.

But anyways. Make what you want to make. I can imagine that it helps keeping motivated ! But whatever you dicide best of luck on whatever you  create. 

And btw even though we only have a jeep, 2 APC’S and 5 busted f16’s. We do have the coolest guns! SCARS and P90’s, oh boy :)

• Haha 1

Hey there,

I am searching for a good artic/winter gear pack. It should includes things like snow coats, scarfs, shemags, etc. I know there is plenty of stuff here and there. But most of the time it's juste vanilla gear with white texture, which implies that the soldier will freeze to death considering small partial gloves, thin uniforms, etc. All that have nothing to do with artic gear.

I gave @teriyaki's TRYK pack a try, and winter stuff is pretty cool, exactly what I need. Problem, the whole pack is more than 500 MB heavy, containing plenty of interesting but useless stuff in my case. I tried to extract only the gear I'm interested in (as it's realeased under APL-SA), but the pack is widely messy, with strange folder managing and a bit of config weirdness. I successed anyway, unifying classnames and folders, correcting multiple config inconsistencies, but there is still lots of problem, as the mod is using texture path dependent P3D file, with no selections.

So here are the questions :

- Do you know about any good artic gear mod ? Even if it's a bit too heavy, I can extract what I need if the licence is OK (APL-SA or other) and then credit the author. I will not distribute the extracted material anyway, it's for a private test project.

- Do you know if there is a fixed version of TRYK, correctly organized, with consistent classnames and containing A3's standards P3D files (not relying on the texture path to work properly) ? Here again I'm ready to work as much as needed to extract what is interesting for me, as long as the licence is OK, and even share this work with the original creator if he/she is interested.

Happy Christmas to everyone ! :)

On my top of list, that follows.

1. Peruvian Armed Forces

2. Chilean Armed Forces

3. T-64 MBT

4: T-62 MBT

• Like 1

If you go onto Steam Workshop, there are TONS of Winter Gear:

RHS, CSAT Snow Tigers, Uriki's Vipers Expansion, CTRG Combat Equipment, Portugal Snow Uniform, WY Snow Effects and Textures pack,  Winter Marpat, Winter AAF, White MX Rifles and R3F French Mod.

This is not including winter maps and the awesome Winter 2035 mod which converts Altis and Stratis to Winter snow theme. 

If you put together a collection, please share the link on Steam Workshop for everyone else to use.

Thanks @Valken for these advices. I alreday know about several of them.

- RHS is way too big for my needs

- Winter Marpat is too restricted, not enough gear :dontgetit:

- Winter AAF and R3F are also vanilla retex, not giving the feeling to be in a very deadly cold environment. Despite the quality of the texture, this seems to be "winter" camo of a "summer" gear, whereas I'm really searching for a true "artic" gear.

- CSAT Snow Tigers, Uriki's Viper Expansion, CTRG Combat Equipment, Portugal Snow Uniform, wasn't aware of these ones, I will give them a try. Hope I will find what I need in it !

- WY Snow Effects is already considered as one of the best candidate, but the problem is still that it's only a retexture of vanilla gear, with half-gloves, very light uniforms, and so on. Except that the Shemag is really cool.

- White MX rifle will probably be used, as they are nicely compatible with other mods we are using since they are inheriting theirs properties from vanilla MXs

Also I will probably not use the Steam Workshop, for various ethical reasons. As we are manipulating a willingly restricted modpack, we are used to deal with mods manually, testing updates before deploying, etc.

Thanks again !

9bvx98o_4.jpg

tryk_uniforms_12.jpg

Top pic is from Jagdkommando.

Bottom is from TRYK Uniforms (may be out of date).

• Like 3

You should PM Pook who is a part of this community and request it. I am sure he would consider it among his many ARMA 3 projects.

• Like 1

Someone make this souper Spooky and Tacticool High ready for a regular jog and or for when your nut touches your buddies butt in the stack.

4a78a1a21620744f82b7f21a888bbd62.jpg

I was watching this video and noticed the soldiers switch hands depending on their cover position:

Right now, all players default to be right handed so their trigger hand is right, and left hand holds the magazine, lower grip or barrel. Can someone swap the gun holding animation depending on cover position so if the player moves to the LEFT side of an object, they swap left hand to trigger and right hand to hold the weapon? 

In MP play, it is crucial because the exposure of a right handed soldier on the left side of an object is larger than on the right side. Try to cover fire from a building or car, both and left side, and you will understand.

I am unsure if an animation mod would work or perhaps a feature request for ARMA 4 then!

• Like 1