max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

On 7/29/2017 at 9:35 AM, ineptaphid said:

Oh..i just realised -ASR_Ai does not make all members playable. What it does is make whichever unit you control turn into the squad leader. My bad. Sorry. I'll have a look for a mod that makes everyone playable and let you know. 

MCC has some kind of "hijack ai" button -might be useful.

Oh. Thanks.

BTW, doesn't MCC conflict with ASR AI, or ordinary missions? (because of its custom AI system)

No-MCC's ai system is turned off by default. It needs to be turned on to make any changes.

2 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

No-MCC's ai system is turned off by default. It needs to be turned on to make any changes.

And still I can "Hijack" all AI? Even those not controlled by MCC?

21 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

And still I can "Hijack" all AI? Even those not controlled by MCC?

As far as I know..I have not tried it much. 

On 7/27/2017 at 7:10 PM, Comrade Ivanov said:

So, are there any mods with AK\AKM 7.62 with plastic black furniture?

b85a4b90f0e9.jpg

RHS:AFRF has the AK-103, a plastic furnished, 7.62x39-firing AK-74M derivative.

16 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

As far as I know..I have not tried it much. 

I just tried MCC. I'd never used it before, and I must say, I was amazed at things you could do with it!

Unfortunately, I encountered two problems:

1. The dreaded incompatibility with ASR AI: Sometimes the AI don't shoot (I was literally 10 meters in front of one and he wouldn't shoot at all!) and sometimes they just follow stupid paths (they would walk up to the enemy, then turn around and run back!) and sometimes they just froze in their place.

2. I couldn't find the "hijack" system. It did provide the high command mode that I wanted though.

That issue with ASR_AI enemies not shooting-I had that before. AS well as them shooting but being unable to hit anything. Didnt realise it was caused by MCC. Doesnt happen for me anymore.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:10 AM, Comrade Ivanov said:

So, are there any mods with AK\AKM 7.62 with plastic black furniture?

b85a4b90f0e9.jpg

RHS and CUP

• Like 2

NIA AK's also has synthetic black AK-74M's, but not AK100's / AK 7.62x39's yet.  

addon requests:

1. realistic one-side and two-side off-load techniques for helicopters ( UH-1 and similar helicopters only: UH-60 already allows this realistically )
the one-side off-load has to be twice as slow, in real life probably even little more ( prefereably depending on the amount of people )
as the two-side off-load technique. interacted by shortcut/binding, ace-interaction or action menu from each individual.
Currently helicopters only support two-side off-load, which is a little stupid, when they exit into the enemy fire, preventing the door gunner to suppress in
all directions on one side.

one_side_offload.png

one_side_offload2.png

2. a realistic compass use, mod
It would basically be a delay of about 2 seconds to take out the compass, instead of instantly or constantly having it on the screen, an optional animation I could provide.
preferably it would disable the compass toogle binding and can be altered ( in delay ) and be enabled via a module.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by kOepi (DayZ)
discovered UH-60 s already allows this with a workaround.

for some skilled texturer #PAKFA T-50-9 at Zhukovsky during #MAKS2017 
will be a very cute skin for the vanilla pak fa in arma 3, fits perfectly the game

DF5dE7AWAAQyf2g.jpg

Not actually a mod request (and this might not be the right place), but does anybody know of a good alternative for armaholic.com? Since they started with that subscribers crap on that website, I'm done with them. Rather even stop looking for mods then giving in to that nonsense on armaholic.com.

I know I can use the steam workshop, but a good website would be nice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Antilochos said:

Not actually a mod request (and this might not be the right place), but does anybody know of a good alternative for armaholic.com? Since they started with that subscribers crap on that website, I'm done with them. Rather even stop looking for mods then giving in to that nonsense on armaholic.com.

I know I can use the steam workshop, but a good website would be nice.

That's a shame you feel that way, you must understand why they are using a subscriber method. As Foxhound has been providing the site since Arma1 and i can imagine trying to finance a sites bandwidth, downloads, hosting costs can't be easy with ads alone. 

Besides steam, there aren't any other really big sites. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

That's a shame you feel that way, you must understand why they are using a subscriber method. As Foxhound has been providing the site since Arma1 and i can imagine trying to finance a sites bandwidth, downloads, hosting costs can't be easy with ads alone. 

Besides steam, there aren't any other really big sites. 

That is what I do not understand: they are providing us with this website (wich I liked very much, therefor also appreciate) since Arma 1 and all these years it worked - as far as I can judge - fine without subscribers policy. Many websites on the web function without such policy and only income from adds or not even.

That I don't understand the necessity of it makes me quite negative about that system (maybe unjustified, but I'm a lazy bastard...).

Hope armaholic.com still finds another way to make enough money in the future, because it always was a good website.

1 hour ago, Antilochos said:

That is what I do not understand: they are providing us with this website (wich I liked very much, therefor also appreciate) since Arma 1 and all these years it worked - as far as I can judge - fine without subscribers policy. Many websites on the web function without such policy and only income from adds or not even.

Well have you thought it maybe more expensive to host? As the websites nearly hosts every addon released for Arma1, Arma2 and Arma3. At the end of the day that they are entitled to do what they like.

Hope armaholic.com still finds another way to make enough money in the future, because it always was a good website.

It still is a good website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antilochos said:

That is what I do not understand: they are providing us with this website (wich I liked very much, therefor also appreciate) since Arma 1 and all these years it worked - as far as I can judge - fine without subscribers policy.

how can you judge how it worked, you being on the outside? entitled much?

the more content and download it gets the more it costs to maintain. Also, since steam is the new "to go" website for 3rd party content, the traffic is reduced which also means less incomes from adds...

Many websites on the web function without such policy and only income from adds or not even.

do go ahead and create such a website yourself...

That I don't understand the necessity of it makes me quite negative about that system (maybe unjustified, but I'm a lazy bastard...).

you are also being a dick about it...

there is no other way. services costs money to maintain...everyone got used to free mods, free missions, free hosting and free downloads...

as always if you don't like how something works, take it upon yourself to change that...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, PuFu said:

how can you judge how it worked, you being on the outside? entitled much?

the more content and download it gets the more it costs to maintain. Also, since steam is the new "to go" website for 3rd party content, the traffic is reduced which also means less incomes from adds...

do go ahead and create such a website yourself...

you are also being a dick about it...

there is no other way. services costs money to maintain...everyone got used to free mods, free missions, free hosting and free downloads...

as always if you don't like how something works, take it upon yourself to change that...

Jesus, what is your problem? A bit sensitive aren't you?

There is absolutely no reason to be so hostile towards me because I gave a honest and still respectful opinion about a website (and missing any cynisme in my post apparently completely). Certainly no reason to call me a dick.

Think this says more about you then about me. Cool a bit down if you will.

Now that that thread has been cleaned up, i hope we can return to what this thread is for.

• Like 4

Different hellfire flight modes.  I know ACE has them, but I dunno if wanna use ACE just for that one thing.  A seperate add on that just makes hellfires utilize top down attack would be good

Hey. Does anybody know if there is any mod in Arma 3 with these festive/parade uniforms?

Výsledek obrázku pro slavnostní uniforma ačr

The Guardium

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/7c/a8/037ca8c29b65c4e87d244d3f092468a3.jpg

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/avantguardunmannedgr/images/5-image-5.jpg

http://militaryedge.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Guardium.jpg

Image result for Guardium

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/cf/ba/02/cfba02e4aebc97c08fd67045df57ffbc.jpg

I think there are already 3d models made btw that can be found on the web.

Does anyone know if there is any mod existing or WIP  that would enable a Jungle Penetrator on helicopters? with maps such as Tanoa, (or any other with dense forests or jungles) sometimes it is not possible to get to a clear landing  zone to evacuate injured or rescue a squad in dense forests 

For those of you who do not know what a jungle penetrator is:

This is how the device looks like.

https://goo.gl/images/FWGvvb

it designed to get trough the most dense jungle or forest canopy down to ground level.  Once at ground level, the fins of the device are opened.

https://goo.gl/images/AmRhfo

each of the 3 fins serves as a seat and after securing the men to the penetrator with a safety belt,  the device can hoist up to the helicopter a maximum of three people (one for each fin/seat)

https://goo.gl/images/Uzk5bE

https://goo.gl/images/sv7S5h

It would also help to rescue someone from the water without need to hover dangerously low

https://goo.gl/images/GV8R5j

Obviously after hoisting up the men, upon arriving to the top they should be moved to a free position in the helicopter cargo. 

Please, let me know if anyone knows of the existance of this mod, or if there is already a WIP or if someone is planning to work on it

On 7/28/2017 at 8:39 PM, Leopard20 said:

Is there any addon that makes all members of your squad playable?

Is there any addon that enables you to controll all AI (in high command mode)?

I did find a mod for controlling all units on your side. It's called Drongo's Command Enhancement. It had some additional features as well (like teleporting!):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26411

Still couldn't find a mod for making your squad playable.