max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Actually there is some info on the real Altis-or Lemnos, during WW2 on the Lemnos wiki page.If i remember, it had some kind of large barracks or camp or something on it..

Cheers Ineptaphid, I'll take a look at that. I always forget that Altis (Lemnos) is a real island. I think I'd read somewhere that a greek god inhabited the island (Vulcan, maybe?) in Homer esque greek literature.

I'd like to request an addon if I may :)

I dunno If I've asked this before but with Tanoa being a group of islands and Apex leaning towards more SF type roles. I'd love to see an SBS style klepper canoe for those tacticool silent insertions.

0.jpg

I've tried my hand at modelling, but it is beyond my skill set :D A block is a block and no amount of imagination will turn it into a canoe :D

• Like 5

It was Prometheus who lived on Altis :)

A canoe would be awesome for more stealthy inserts. There is a mod which allows you to row the existing rubber boats already.Not the same-but it's something :) Here's a link http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26055

• Like 2

I don't know if people are allowed to retexture RHS weapons, but It would be nice if someone made an AOR1 pattern on the HK416 like the image below. By the way these are authentic photos, not airsoft.

21f5ffab867b3f678217a037f353b21a.jpg

• Like 5

Something relatively simple I'd love someone to do, a replacement config to give Syndikat RHS weapons, everything can be replaced 1:1, except the AK12 which can be replaced with the AK 103. Right now I can achieve the same effect through Eden, but it would be much cleaner.

• Like 1

Something relatively simple I'd love someone to do, a replacement config to give Syndikat RHS weapons, everything can be replaced 1:1, except the AK12 which can be replaced with the AK 103. Right now I can achieve the same effect through Eden, but it would be much cleaner.

That would be great. I use massis replacement for CSAT at the moment-it changes uniforms so they dont look so crazy-but one that changed the weapons etc of the APEX factions would be great.

I'd like to see a high quality modern two button suit model (with variations). I know CUP and Tryk have ported arma 1 models included in their packs but they literally look like gorillas. The base arma game has the bald guy (forgot his name) with something resembling business casual apparel, but that model seems to be hidden in the virtual arsenal. Preferably I'd like to a VIP and bodyguard model. The former being a bit more decked out with a pocket square, french cuffs + cufflinks and most importantly a proper cut, while the latter follows a more utilitarian design without accessories or frills. Ideally, the bodyguardmodel has a slightly bigger cut for the jacket to allow for conceiled carry. Colors could be navy blue, charcoal and grey (possibly with light pin stripes) and black oxfords. And perhaps also a model with gloves  :P

vip

lUdPPYN.jpg

bodyguard

HlkugQe.jpg

• Like 1

@ Bitesrad-that would be good.i agree about the ported suits-they are so big at the shoulders and make your head look so small, they make it look like two kids are standing on each others shoulders pretending to be a grown up :)

• Like 1

It would be great to see a more authentic T-55 addon for ArmA 3 instead the BI one made for A2. Eggbeast had a plan to make a T-54/-55/-62 pack but if i remember clear that never happened.

There was a BDS T-55 addon in ArmA 1 wich was really nice work. This one looks much better than the Bi one :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5379

I would love to see a tiny addon that allows you to gun in the new Blackfish gunship while having an AI pilot in your squad auto-orbit a target of your choosing. If you could tell an AI pilot to orbit a point on the map at a given altitude in a real-time order, that'd be fantastic.

• Like 2

it would be nice to have a mod that uses the shorter vanilla stealth and lmg suppressor models for 5.56 and 7.62.

How hard would it be to make an alternative version of the pilot helmet with a transparent visor?

Just imagine the same shot with cheap cosmonaut style helmets... :wub:

208759FA849DD8D9F68C61FC6C9AC4E3B48DF001

• Like 1

I am currently looking for a Pokemon 3D model for Arma 3 (for YouTube purposes). Pikachu would be great!

I'll be happy to give anyone who can make this happen a shout-out in the video. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

The model does NOT need to be very detailed 

Best regards

- Youtube.com/PawnPrecision

- toggzter@gmail.com

1- The Great tank EE-T1/T2 main battle tank

2 - Leopard 1a5 for Arma3

Probably impossible and really hard but I would love to see some sort of cutscene animation mods to bring scenarios to life :)

Il name a few: Arresting animations, Blind firing, Death falling animations (there was in arma 2 I'm sure) Melee animations (c'mon it's in arma 2)

Apex did quite well adding a couple of civilian animations and the breaching_one guy is marvelous!

(P.S sorry if It seems like I'm demanding, I'm trying literally to find an cutscene animation tutorial and currently investing time on how the heck do I make animations?)

Is it possible to make a knife throwable, say about ten feet or so?

Probably impossible and really hard but I would love to see some sort of cutscene animation mods to bring scenarios to life :)

Il name a few: Arresting animations, Blind firing, Death falling animations (there was in arma 2 I'm sure) Melee animations (c'mon it's in arma 2)

Apex did quite well adding a couple of civilian animations and the breaching_one guy is marvelous!

(P.S sorry if It seems like I'm demanding, I'm trying literally to find an cutscene animation tutorial and currently investing time on how the heck do I make animations?)

it is possible yes, not all that hard if you made animation before...especially if these are cutscenes animations (and yes animations rather than static pose ones) and are to be triggered by a small script snippet rather than player controlled animations.

Is it possible to make a knife throwable, say about ten feet or so?

yes it is

• Like 1

it is possible yes, not all that hard if you made animation before...especially if these are cutscenes animations (and yes animations rather than static pose ones) and are to be triggered by a small script snippet rather than player controlled animations.

yes it is

Oh thats cool! Thanks for informing me :)

Just wondering if anybody could help me with getting a NAVY dress blues for my unit?

Also a officers uniform!

Just like the picture below

4.jpg

• Like 1

I am sooooo looking forward for more...

...not

besides this is a mission, not a "mod". nice way to spend your first ever post here...

It's technically both.

You'd first make the WW2 mod, then make the campaign using it.

You just not a fan of WW2 or something?

As for the actual "mod" part:

The biggest hurdle, or at least the most time-consuming one, would be re-tooling Altis to bring it back to the 1940's. That means almost no powerlines, no wind farms, puny power stations, almost no cars, few street lights, even fewer paved roads (like almost none), none of the smaller airfields (just the main one, and it's smaller because it doesn't have to accommodate jet aircraft) and all the settlements downsized with fewer buildings to reflect the lower population of the time. The architecture would not have to be changed THAT drastically as many Greek buildings are quite old, as you can see yourself looking at many of the buildings on Altis currently. However, some buildings in larger settlements like Pyrgos might have to be de-modernized a little. You'd also have to get rid of the modern defences and research buildings.

They you'd have to go around and place fixed defences around the coast and at strong points around the island - bunkers, gun emplacements, trenches, barbed wire, minefields, anti-tank and anti-aircraft emplacements, radar installations, etc. Depending on how much work you wanted to do, you could set them up in such a way that they work for both Act 1 and Act 3, or you could make two separate versions - one for Act 1 (British defences) and one for Act 3 (the more extensive German defences).

Stratis would be largely undefended and not changed that much aside from eliminating the modern military installations as it is not that valuable except as a location for a radar station (you could replace Mike-26 with a '40s radar station). In Act 2 I've planned for the Nazis to begin constructing what eventually becomes the Stratis Airport (though you sabotage it for the time being), so a partially complete version of that could be included as well.

Weapons would be interesting, as there would be a lot more fixed artillery emplacements but few small arms. As this is 1941-43, the 'cool' late war/rare German stuff like Tiger tanks, Panther tanks, StG44s, and Jet planes would not be included; and while necessary for game balancing, Panzerschrecks and Panzerfausts would not be as ubiquitous and common as they were in the last two years of the war (in reality they likely would never have been issued to a place like Altis so soon after their introduction, but for balancing purposes they're necessary as the British had the PIAT by then).

Thus the OPFOR infantry arsenal would be:

Kar98k

MP40

P38

MG34

MG42 (Act 2/3)

FG42 (Act 3)

Panzerschreck (Act 3)

Panzerfaust (Act 3)

Steilhandgranate

And their vehicles would be:

Opel Blitz Truck

Motorcycle

Kubelwagen

Sdkfz 222 Armoured Car

Sdkfz 250 Light Halftrack (Act 2/3)

Sdkfz 251 Halftrack (Act 2/3)

Panzer II (Act 1)

Panzer III (Act 1/2)

Panzer IV (Act 2/3)

Sturmgeschutz III (Act 2/3)

Sturmhaubitze 42 (Act 2/3)

Wurfrahmen 40 (Act 2/3)

In addition you'd need artillery of various types:

81mm mortar

50mm Pak 38 (Act 2)

75mm Pak 40 (Act 3)

105mm Howitzer (Act 1/2)

150mm Howitzer (Act 3)

4x20mm Flak (Act 2/3)

88mm Flak 36 (Act 2/3)

The BLUFOR arsenal:

Small arms -

Rifle No. 4 Mk I

Sten Mk II

Webley Mk IV

Bren Gun

Vickers Gun

Boys Anti-Tank Rifle (Act 1/2)

PIAT (Act 3)

Mills Bomb

Sticky Bomb (Act 2/3)

Gammon Bomb (Act 2/3)

Vehicles -

CMP truck

Universal Carrier

Sexton (Act 3)

Daimler Armoured Car (Act 3)

Churchill Mk IV (Act 3)

M4 Sherman (Act 3)

Artillery -

3-inch Mortar

6lber AT gun (Act 3)

17lber AT gun (Act 3)

25lber Howitzer

Bofors 40mm

QF 3.7-inch AA Gun

The INDFOR are guerillas and thus only possess small arms and light mortars:

Mosin-Nagant

PPSh 41

Tokarev TT-33

DP-28

PTRS Anti-Tank Rifle

82mm mortar

RGD-33

RPG-40

British Army, German Infantry, and Royal Marine Uniforms didn't really change, so there's no complexity there. Fallschirmjager uniforms did change, so you'd need a 1941 version (solid colour jump smock, bare helmet) and a 1943 version (Tropical camouflage smock with camo-netted helmet cover). The SS troops would wear their older oak-leaf camo, since they didn't switch to their infamous pea-dot camo until 1944. Both the resistance and the INDFOR would wear old 40s civilian dress, though to differentiate them the INDFOR should wear something to make them standout, like maybe wearing more brown-coloured clothing or wearing Soviet-style berets while the resistance wears more blue-coloured clothing/no berets. You could obviously tell if you're up close, as they'd have hammer-and sickle pendants and whatnot, but from afar they'd look the same unless you made the decision to have them wear slightly different things. You could also add NKGB agents into the game with proper uniforms, though since they'd be few and far between, whether that's worth the effort is questionable.

• Like 1

Permanently flatten grass. 

Perfeclty good sniping spots become useless because grass magically grows back after a while, blocking your view through magnified scopes. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with this all the time. 

I'm looking to have the AS350 and the AS355 N added to ArmA 3. I understand if only one can be worked on at a time which most likely I would prefer to be the AS350. 

Canadian_Helicopters_Astar_AS-350.jpg

e355_1.jpg

@ Bitesrad-that would be good.i agree about the ported suits-they are so big at the shoulders and make your head look so small, they make it look like two kids are standing on each others shoulders pretending to be a grown up :)

Yeah, it's really outdated at this point. It's a shame BIS removed the business casual clothes from the VA. That was something atleast. But a good new suit model could also form the base of a number of military uniforms, although the jacket would need slight remodeling to resemble military styles.

• Like 1