max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I'd like to see a standard BDU style uniform as used by SEALS in late 90's 2000's .Something like the ones in US military mod but with unbloused boots etc.

Like this:

lonesurvivor_aa.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to see a mod that extends the ordinances that can be selected in the loadout menu of the F-18E/F made by john sparton 

I'd like to see a standard BDU style uniform as used by SEALS in late 90's 2000's .Something like the ones in US military mod but with unbloused boots etc.

Like this:

Like this? :D

I think those were RAID uniforms, but these DCU cryes are great for ca. 2005 delta force 

The title pretty much says it all. I would greatly appreciate a replacement pack that overrides the SPAR-16 sounds to match those of the HK416 rifle in RHS USF. These SPAR-16 rifles which are HK416A5s in all but the name are really cool using them along side RHS content with auditory unity. I don't know the first thing about writing configs unfortunately, so I ask someone could do this.

Like this? :D

Not quite mate.I meant standard cargo/combat pants, and a jacket. Like in the pic I gave-the kind of thing you would expect a recon team to wear for a couple of days in the mountains. 

BUT-what you showed does look awesome.You know I have a thing for using 3 colour desert :)

military-issued-m81-woodland-camo-field-

• Like 2

Well, seems like my worst fears have come true. The new update and APEX expansion have almost broken all Blastcore Phoenix FX. The community has done a descent job keeping it somewhat up to date with the smoke and the tracers, but I don't think this can be fixed. For me that would also mean retiring Arma 3 as a game, I just can't stand the vanilla effects, they completely take me out of the experience.

A bomb is supposed to look like a bomb, not a grey fart -_- 

Maybe someone is willing to mess around with the configs a little, but I doubt it would make much of a difference.  

oh fuck, tell me it's not true? :(
My spontaneous reaction is pretty much the same as yours, I really don't like playing A3 without it. Man I wish I was better at developing stuff for A3 ...

:banghead:  :cry2:

Well still some kind works for me but of course it's not the same as before. Sad but true :(

@ jeza You beat me to it-seems fine here too.

r8sgohG.jpg

• Like 1

SImple as that, I would recommend the modding community to shift focus and work more with game FX visuals.

I have a hard time understanding why only OS worked with FX and not others. 

• Like 1

SImple as that, I would recommend the modding community to shift focus and work more with game FX visuals.

Because its a pain in the ass to mod particle FX for Arma. The RV engine uses a very dated particle system for Arma. Which is testamony to the fact that the particle FX have barely changed since Arma 1. I remeber OS saying that he had to restart the game EVERY time he made a single change to the particles to check what it looked like. There's no particle editor of any kind. Its a very tedious and time consuming proces. Couple that with the fact that BI seemed to completely break the mod with every update, forcing him to basically start the whole thing over. I can see why so little people have modded particle FX for Arma. 

• Like 1

Because its a pain in the ass to mod particle FX for Arma. The RV engine uses a very dated particle system for Arma. Which is testamony to the fact that the particle FX have barely changed since Arma 1. I remeber OS saying that he had to restart the game EVERY time he made a single change to the particles to check what it looked like. There's no particle editor of any kind. Its a very tedious and time consuming proces. Couple that with the fact that BI seemed to completely break the mod with every update, forcing him to basically start the whole thing over. I can see why so little people have modded particle FX for Arma. 

Yeah, that's a shame, I would love to make some FX like what I'm doing with Unity. If Bohemia really cared about the modding they would already have released some advanced basic tools... Like their tree generator that can generate LODS and rvmat on the fly :(

Maybe someone is willing to mess around with the configs a little, but I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Instead of making recommendations for other, why don't YOU do it?

Because its a pain in the ass to mod particle FX for Arma. .

So others should do it but not yourself?

• Like 8

I remeber OS saying that he had to restart the game EVERY time he made a single change to the particles to check what it looked like.

Maybe it's not that bad. I didn't have to. Thing is, particles' params may be tested in the script (so only mission restart required), and only after that put into addon's config. Unless I miss something here, like some crucial differences between scripted and configured params.

Anyway, there's always a hope, BI devs technically may lift vanilla particles/FX quality at least to the Blastcore level. And true, when I saw last time vanilla arty shell explosion, it was awful. Especialy comparing with Blastcore. It was quite long time ago, but didn't heard, anything changed since then. 

Maybe it's not that bad. I didn't have to. Thing is, particles' params may be tested in the script (so only mission restart required), and only after that put into addon's config. Unless I miss something here, like some crucial differences between scripted and configured params.

Anyway, there's always a hope, BI devs technically may lift vanilla particles/FX quality at least to the Blastcore level. And true, when I saw last time vanilla arty shell explosion, it was awful. Especialy comparing with Blastcore. It was quite long time ago, but didn't heard, anything changed since then. 

1. while working with unpacked data, you only need to restart mission, for both scripts and configs, there is no need for game reboot (you can't add new files in though - as in new configs)

2. doubt that.

I'd rather let myself be continuously punched by rabid meme spouting mathematicians equipped with spongebob squarepantsâ„¢ boxing gloves while undergoing root treatment from the dentist

before touching Arma 3 particle editing.

Cheers

I'd rather let myself be continuously punched by rabid meme spouting mathematicians equipped with spongebob squarepantsâ„¢ boxing gloves while undergoing root treatment from the dentist

before touching Arma 3 particle editing.

Cheers

yeah same here, but i am not "suggesting" a shift in focus to anyone else...maybe simply because i know what it takes and i wouldn't do it even if i were paid to...much less for free

I think ACE-Team does something new with particles. Didn't read much into it, looks like they are playing with smoke particles emitted by smoke grenades, but maybe, MAYBE they have so much fun doing it :D they decide to add something amazing to ACE regarding particles... ^^

yeahh its really sad that BI devs they have no eyes for update/rework this ugly particle system... wich is simply completely overhauled !! :face_palm:

Instead of making recommendations for other, why don't YOU do it?

Maybe because I have no idea or the skills to mod for Arma 3 . And why are you so aggressive all the time? Are you the lawyer representing the modding community? Did I force someone to do something? 

Relax mate and enjoy the summer.