max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I am requesting a 5x5 or 10x10 flat European forest map. No settlements, no buildings, only the most basic of terrain contours. I want to use this space for massive, fixed-position WWI styled-forest night battles with smoke, gas, flares, and ambient artillery. I've done this before on VT5 but I want a larger playground.

I'd like an Afghan National Army version of cleggy's M1117 Guardian, the Guardian being the ANA's most widely used armored vehicle. All you need to do is add an Afghan flag flying from it, similar to the way the eastern European insurgent flag that flies from the RHS insurgent T-72.

Something that may or may not have been mentioned before is a map with the center of focus is aviation. Preferably a giant airfield with a lot of tarmac and plenty of space to fly the aircraft. I feel like all of the maps that have been released thus far have neglected the airfield portion of the map with the exception to machloop but that has its own problems with ground textures and it is a bit on the small size. Anyways to make it simple:

1. Big Airfield (Preferably multiple runways and taxiways with a lot of tarmac)

2. A lot of space to fly aircraft

It could be a desert for all I care, I just think it would be cool to have a massive space with a great airfield to use.

Something that may or may not have been mentioned before is a map with the center of focus is aviation. Preferably a giant airfield with a lot of tarmac and plenty of space to fly the aircraft. I feel like all of the maps that have been released thus far have neglected the airfield portion of the map with the exception to machloop but that has its own problems with ground textures and it is a bit on the small size. Anyways to make it simple:

It could be a desert for all I care, I just think it would be cool to have a massive space with a great airfield to use.

Id vote for that but I would also suggest having it be good for ground forces, that kind of map would have so many good applications from epoch to mil sim groups 

Id vote for that but I would also suggest having it be good for ground forces, that kind of map would have so many good applications from epoch to mil sim groups 

Have any of you tried Australia? It is a bigger map than Altis, has several airports of different sizes and urban places for your pew-pew-pew needs.

And for the flying enthusiast there's a Large Terrain Test Collection (no airfield, no tarmac but a lot of space to fly aircraft).

Hope it helps.

Bye

Have any of you tried Australia? It is a bigger map than Altis, has several airports of different sizes and urban places for your pew-pew-pew needs.

And for the flying enthusiast there's a Large Terrain Test Collection (no airfield, no tarmac but a lot of space to fly aircraft).

Hope it helps.

Bye

There is also the Mach Loop map.If the area isgood enough for the RAF-then maybe for the  Arma community too?

Hope it helps.

Bye

There is also the Mach Loop map.If the area isgood enough for the RAF-then maybe for the  Arma community too?

I have tried both and am actually friends with Nelson, Australia would be a great map if the airports were better and machloop is rather small how ever the airport is nice but lacks proper textures so when u walk around in most of the airport theres a black circle around you

There is actually an all black texture for the VR suit hidden in the game files. If I was on my desktop, I'd get the link, but if you search these forums for "setObjectTextureGlobal" you should find it.

Interesting, found the thread and it works ingame. Thanks.

I'm requesting a mod that causes headgear--helmets, hats, caps, anything that isn't strapped on--to fall to the ground when the wearer is killed or shot in the head. It would do a lot of immersion (in my opinion).

I'm requesting a mod that causes headgear--helmets, hats, caps, anything that isn't strapped on--to fall to the ground when the wearer is killed or shot in the head. It would do a lot of immersion (in my opinion).

not really possible afaik. helmets are always strapped for obvious reasons, caps donțt really fall when one person falls...

I know they have this feature in iron front but not sure if it can be done in arma 3

I know they have this feature in iron front but not sure if it can be done in arma 3

We could have fun " how many hats can you shoot off" contests like in Red Dead Redemption ;)

• Like 2

not really possible afaik. helmets are always strapped for obvious reasons, caps donțt really fall when one person falls...

Could be closer than you think.....courtesy of the mighty cosmic10r

• Like 1

Well that seems to be exactly what people wanted. Very nice :)

Damn it, I just remembered that and was going to post it and then you beat me to it! Foiled again!

• Like 1

HI! Would like to request someone to make a mod that could store and remember all my scripts and is housed right in the Editor so that I could just drag`n drop them right there.

If they also store a copy of these scripts in a file outside arma that would be a +1 for me ! thnx

Hey guys, I found this mod that is supposed to turn every single bullet into a tracer, the problem is, it's outdated, and doesn't seem to work with ace, and it doesn't affect any RHS/Nato SF and Spetsnaz weapons. It doesn't look like it will ever be updated either.

Here it is : https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184303-tracers-mod-tracers-every-round/

The readme states that you can edit the config with a pbo manager, if you want to add more magazines/bullets. I gave it a look but when I open the config in notepad there's a lot of strange symbols and that don't belong in there. I also have no idea how to go about making it work with ace since I have zero coding/modding experience.

I play strictly against AI or CO OP with my buddy, that's the main reasoning behind this mod, just for fun. 

Best case scenario, is somebody with actual experience see's this and and becomes interested in seeing this mod become a reality, otherwise at least please point me in the right direction.

It would be cool if someone would strip away all the non-ancient structures on Altis, add buildings from a custom-made ancient structures pack, and model period clothing, ships, and Greek/Persian arms and armor, and release it all as the Xerxes Mod. It just seems a great bloody shame to have warfare on Altis mostly restricted to the 21st/20th century. The island is so beautiful and especially with the visual update hoplites and immortals would look sick.

Of course, maybe a unit pack would be an easier first step.

• Like 2

Excess3's IDF mod has been dead for a year now; a real shame, as so many new vehicles can be added by retexturing vehicles already modded into Arma 3 to IDF standards. Namely, RHS' AH-64D, C-130J, and M113 could be retextured, as could F-15s and F-16s from any one mod.

If anyone's up for whole new assets, an IWI Negev is sorely needed, a Jericho pistol wouldn't hurt, and new Merkavas/Namers would be a dream come true.

I'd love to see a another IDF mod, or new life in Excess3's mod...

• Like 1

It would be cool if someone would strip away all the non-ancient structures on Altis, add buildings from a custom-made ancient structures pack, and model period clothing, ships, and Greek/Persian arms and armor, and release it all as the Xerxes Mod. It just seems a great bloody shame to have warfare on Altis mostly restricted to the 21st/20th century. The island is so beautiful and especially with the visual update hoplites and immortals would look sick.

Of course, maybe a unit pack would be an easier first step.

Oh damn, that's actually a really good idea... not sure how well RV4 does melee though...

Of course, maybe a unit pack would be an easier first 

There is that black powder mod coming-sailing ships etc.it's a start.

• Like 1

There is that black powder mod coming-sailing ships etc.it's a start.

I've helped him test it but I think he may focus more on the infantry now. But I'm not his spokesman so that's just my opinion.

Oh damn, that's actually a really good idea... not sure how well RV4 does melee though...

Even just uniform/weapon placeholders (and maybe some Doric columns/temples) would be a satisfying start. Also, I'm not 100%, but isn't Unsung working on a functional melee (bayonet, at least) module for their mod?

I've helped him test it but I think he may focus more on the infantry now. But I'm not his spokesman so that's just my opinion.

Black Powder mod has infantry, artillery, and sailing vessels.  We need a working melee system.