max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hello

I wanted to ask if anyone knows of a good addon mod or two out there that has some nice custom military base type buildings for putting into a mission.

I've searched out Armaholic, and have not really found much that I am interested in. Back in the Ofp days, MapFact's base structures were awesome, now it seems very hard to find similar type buildings.

Thanks

Hello everyone!

Not sure about you guys, but I'm craving for a WW2 mod for ArmA 3. With all the new features Arma has I think that might just be awesome.

I've done some research, but didn't go all the way into detail, so I know there have been other posts similar to this one before.

So instead of just making a request, I thought about how you could realize such a thing with a manageable workload and it is important to have a general development plan, so I quickly thought through some ideas and came up with a pretty reasonable plan. Unfortunately I don't have the time to work myself deeply into the ins and outs of modding, but if we can gather a strong enough team I could gladly do the project management and PR part. (I work in the games industry already, so I have a pretty good idea)

For all assets (models, animations, sounds) a high quality is presupposed.

Also, historical accuracy is presupposed. I only want absolutely authentic equipment and game mechanics.

It should be developed with usage in conjunction with ACE3 in mind.

Plan:

Cut up the entire package into small manageable parts by dividing the entire mod into 3 stages: Early War (39-41), Mid War (42+43), Late War (44+45)

Obviously starting with the early stage. This means less equipment needs modelling and it can later on be scaled. However it also dictates the factions that are in at the start. The might be germany and USSR or UK, or all three. I would probably prefer USSR, but an option for the African theatre would also be nice if we could have a desert texture style as well for german and british equipment. So you can see this complicates things, where we actually just want to get started with a small workload.

Lets say we start with germany and USSR, we would need roughly the following equipment for a first release candidate.

(Black = Critical, Yellow = Non-Critical, Red = Add Later)

Disclaimer: Obviously this is a concept so I didn't go into detailed researching of what the right names for every uniform piece etc are)

Example: You might notice theres weapons missing in below example. The MG42 would only appear for the mid war release era, the STG44 in the late war era, and so on.

Early period:

Germany 39-41

Infantry:

Guns:

• Kar98k (+ZF Scope)
  • MP40
  • MG39
  • Stielhandgrandate 39

Launchers:

None

Pistols:

• P-38

Uniforms:

Trooper uniform

Officer uniform

Vests:

• Standard Koppel

Backpacks:

• Tornister
  • Pioneer-Rucksack

Headgear:

• Stahlhelm M40
  • Officer cap

+A lot more optional stuff is possible, like the dust goggles etc.

Cars:

• Kübelwagen
  • Opel Blitz or B3000
  • BMW Bike

Halftracks:

SdKfZ 251 Hanomag

Tanks:

• Panzer II Ausf. F
  • Panzer III Ausf. F

Air:

• BF-109 E3
  • Ju-82 Stuka
  • Ju-57 "Tante Ju"

+ A similar list for soviet equipment. Now this isn't nothing, but it definitely looks achievable for a small team of reliable and disciplined modders. A downside of this might be that many people will miss their "fancy" STGs, Tigers and US forces until the late era release, which might result in a smaller popularity. On the other hand I could imagine a large part of the ArmA community to actually be interested enough to go to the less medially experienced theatres and vehicles. Did you know the Panzer II was actually the most produced german tank in WW2? Yeah I know most people never even heard of it.

With this set of equipment you could definitely create realistic and intersting missions.

Now what do you guys think of it? Would you love to see this? Are you overfed with WW2 in general and WW2 mods for OFP/ArmA titles in specific?

Do you think there is a good reason why theres no WW2 mod on the way right now?

I declare balls.

There most certainly are WW2 mods on the way for ArmA 3.

I44 (Updated on a Youtube video 3 days ago saying the mod is active)

31st Normandy

Hell in the Pacific

Iron Front

CSA

War War 2 Ships Mod

War Chronicles

British WW2 Content Modification

Just to name a few. Looking at the WIP reports from most of them, their quality is super high so all of them are taking ages to release (I CAN'T WAIT!!!).

The only hindrance I can see to your progress is that you are asking for a team of coders, model makers, texture creators and other skillful people which are hard to come by especially when they're being asked to do it for free. If I knew how to do that stuff then I certainly wouldn't spend my time doing it for free so I truly respect all mod makers for their efforts. If anyone does pop up though then I'll be sure to send them your way if I can.

However, if this is a project that you are looking to start then I can only wish you the best of luck and hope to see something come of it soon!

link please

• Like 2

I don't have the time to work myself deeply into the ins and outs of modding, ...I could gladly do the project management and PR part.

... I only want absolutely authentic equipment and game mechanics...

... I didn't go into detailed researching ...

sheesh

Foolish to start a thread for this just wasting server space on something that will never happen don't you think?

• Like 1

link please

The creator of this video has apparently joined the I44 team and if you look at his comment about half way down the page, he says it's not dead.

IGNORE THE VIDEO ITSELF! It's a cancelled project. Look at the comments!

I didn't know iron front was on the way. it looks really great. my info was that nothing is really in the pipe in this regard. IF might see reduced popularity due to not many people owning the IF game. Interested to see how this is gonna turn out

There most certainly are WW2 mods on the way for ArmA 3.

31st Normandy

Hell in the Pacific

Iron Front

CSA

War War 2 Ships Mod

War Chronicles

British WW2 Content Modification

Just to name a few. Looking at the WIP reports from most of them, their quality is super high so all of them are taking ages to release (I CAN'T WAIT!!!).

The only hindrance I can see to your progress is that you are asking for a team of coders, model makers, texture creators and other skillful people which are hard to come by especially when they're being asked to do it for free. If I knew how to do that stuff then I certainly wouldn't spend my time doing it for free so I truly respect all mod makers for their efforts. If anyone does pop up though then I'll be sure to send them your way if I can.

However, if this is a project that you are looking to start then I can only wish you the best of luck and hope to see something come of it soon!

Dont forget about Westwall Germany 1945 https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187768-wip-westwall-germany-1945/

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't have the time to work myself deeply into the ins and outs of modding, but if we can gather a strong enough team I could gladly do the project management and PR part. (I work in the games industry already, so I have a pretty good idea)

Ups yeah, i stopped reading here: yet another idea lad...funny the games industry comment indeed.

• Like 1

North and South Korean armed forces.

DMZ map with west or east-facing coast, no-man's land, bunkers, mines, and watchtowers. Peace village, fake NK villages north of the DMZ, real SK villages south of the DMZ. Additional Asian faces to make the soldiers more diverse.

I suggested this before in greater detail but nobody appeared to have noticed.

North and South Korean armed forces.

DMZ map with west or east-facing coast, no-man's land, bunkers, mines, and watchtowers. Peace village, fake NK villages north of the DMZ, real SK villages south of the DMZ. Additional Asian faces to make the soldiers more diverse.

I suggested this before in greater detail but nobody appeared to have noticed.

maybe some noticed, but consider to be not worth the time...?

Map of Paris :P

lol: https://goo.gl/2ax1Et

• Like 1

Yeah-I can just imagine the fabulous framerate we would get on that ;)

;)

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=24467

in this link . you can see this old (very old ) mod , which add to the MX and Kaybar 7.62 ! ... what's the problem ?! simple ! .. This mod does not work well , because as expected the sound of the gun , the old sound !! the first ov vanilla first sound ( I think) rifle mx ... this is the prblm ! when using this mod , see the weapon to shoot, but no sound !! ..im seriously desperate , because im looking for a mod that has the ability to get out of shell casings from the rifle MX !!!!!! , And this is the only , ONLY mod to allow this .. any ideas : ' (?? (sorry for bad english ) ... please !! T_T

Would asking for a version of "Game Over" with saves/additional tasks break forum rules? I thought WIN was rather short lived and really needed a longer sandbox mission...

T11 Parachute, used by US and British airborne regiments. Would be great if someone was able to make this or even just create the model (I can do the rest).

mj7ro.jpg

• Like 1

What I would like is the script used in this mission to be available.I asked Strongharm but he said he did not have time to release it. It allows you to be a gunner in a chopper and give useful instructions to an AI pilot-set height, speed, tell him to circle a spot on the map. At the moment being a chopper gunner is not possible as you can only tell your pilot to move to places and nothing else.  Would love to see this system as an addon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176755778

• Like 1