max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I am curious about the lack of OPFOR Naval forces,  we need some desperately and I am trying to contact  Ivan (the Original Author)    Gnat the rework and rerelease or eddyD  for Mlods of the ship and finding some config writers to bring this ship back to life in Arma 3,  any information would be of great assistance,  but I only want their information , if you know them  fairly well and they agree to allow me to E-mail or contact them through  this sites messenger.

I am considering the beginning of a new Mod  (Opfor Naval Vessels) but only if enough interest is shown,   I am a fair 3d modeler , but havent written a config since OFP days,   ( YES Im that OLD :P )     So  I would be recruiting interested parties,  who want to do this for the community ( NOT FOR PROFIT)  So please dont ask about being paid. 

If enough people volunteer who are serious, plans will be made and discussed who the Mod leader(s) would be and what ships and boats would be for the pack release.  Most likely we would not be bringing ion all the assets which the Naval Warfare Pack would, just to keep focus on Ships and boats for the time being. 

In my opinion this is something which Arma 3 needs in the worst way, for future balance and realistic game play.  Thats just my opinion though

So everyone who reads this, please weigh in with your opinions , but also with suggestions for ships/boats.  Time Era, anything current  or ships upgraded from the cold war Era.

Quick request to the page site managers,  this is a discussion, not a request, so please dont move this to the addons request thread.  I need people to weigh in and get an honest opinion of if this is something people would actually want !

Thanks for your time all and have a great day! :)

redman7g7

I am curious about the lack of OPFOR Naval forces,  we need some desperately and I am trying to contact  Ivan (the Original Author)    Gnat the rework and rerelease or eddyD  for Mlods of the ship and finding some config writers to bring this ship back to life in Arma 3,  any information would be of great assistance,  but I only want their information , if you know them  fairly well and they agree to allow me to E-mail or contact them through  this sites messenger.

I am considering the beginning of a new Mod  (Opfor Naval Vessels) but only if enough interest is shown,   I am a fair 3d modeler , but havent written a config since OFP days,   ( YES Im that OLD :P )     So  I would be recruiting interested parties,  who want to do this for the community ( NOT FOR PROFIT)  So please dont ask about being paid. 

If enough people volunteer who are serious, plans will be made and discussed who the Mod leader(s) would be and what ships and boats would be for the pack release.  Most likely we would not be bringing ion all the assets which the Naval Warfare Pack would, just to keep focus on Ships and boats for the time being. 

In my opinion this is something which Arma 3 needs in the worst way, for future balance and realistic game play.  Thats just my opinion though

So everyone who reads this, please weigh in with your opinions , but also with suggestions for ships/boats.  Time Era, anything current  or ships upgraded from the cold war Era.

Quick request to the page site managers,  this is a discussion, not a request, so please dont move this to the addons request thread.  I need people to weigh in and get an honest opinion of if this is something people would actually want !

Thanks for your time all and have a great day! :)

redman7g7

talk to hcpookie i believe he may have the answer to what you seek on one of his threads

Anyone able to make a backpack like this? I would ask the 75th Ranger mod creator to retexture his packs, but this is Navy SEAL related.

c29f2aa5982f50aa25676fc21190d4e9.jpg

• Like 1

Its a bit silly to have the Kuznetsov when there is not SU-33 mod yet. besides this should be in this thread https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186068-arma-3-addon-request-thread/page-132

He didnt ask if anyone could make it. He asked if anyone wanted Russian ships.

He didnt ask if anyone could make it. He asked if anyone wanted Russian ships.

Thank you henrikgh, You got it spot on.     If so I may consider making some, If not forget I asked !

I do feel that there are way much NATO naval equipment and barerly anything of other factions like the Russian Federation, go for it!

• Like 1

I do feel that there are way much NATO naval equipment and barerly anything of other factions like the Russian Federation, go for it!

Yeah, i would love some more Russian / OPFOR assets.

Okies, well, you guys may have to wait a couple months still, buuuuut,  I have  Zubr Russian Hovercraft model 70-75% complete, still gotta texture it, and write a config or find a good config writer for it.

Ill get some screens of it and load em up for you all to have a peek at   :)

For the hardened aircraft shelters,  not that Im aware of, but I will keep an eye out for any such thing for you. Just wish we had more modelers out there in the community , those hardened shelters were nice ! Even to be able to port them would be great, but I wont use anyones models without written/E-mailed  permission!  Ill try to contact some more of these fellows with Arma 2 assets for Porting over.

Hopefully more people will get with the community once Tanoa is released and bring in some more talented model makers, config writers and texture peeps as well. Hopefully my Zubr once completed will be to most peoples liking.

Ill have those Zubr screen shots up soon.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I wish I have the knowledge to do it myself,( but obviously, if I'm requesting it, I do not) but I feel that in all the greats units mods out there something is missing: a BURQA .

taliban_burqa_tn.jpg

It's silly how Middle eastern mission have men only civis running around towns and villages.IMHO it would add much more immersion. Plus, it could be use as disguise for SOF or terrorist? :D

Note, not asking for female model, just the burqa itself.

Thanks!!!!!

• Like 3

Hello i miss some beautiful realistic Middle Eastern map rather something like Afghan and Iraq are there any in WIP?? Thanks

Greets DonbassCZ

When i play a mission with some friends and everybody goes their own way, the "Return to formation" etc commands just keep going endlessly.

How can i turn this off?

I'd figure to search for a mod. Not anywhere to be found in the Workshop and here.

I didn't even know there was a thread for that, though i'm not asking for a mod to be made.

A quick search there is hopeless btw. Too many posts mentioning eg "radio" to click through.

To be helpful for others looking for something similar. I found something that seems to work after some testing.

Anyone knows if there is a Eden Extension that makes existing object like tree/bush/rocks/etc... available in the 3D editor? Tried Raabans Editor Addon and the 101 Editor Addon but none of them works in the 3D editor.

/KC

Anyone knows if there is a Eden Extension that makes existing object like tree/bush/rocks/etc... available in the 3D editor? Tried Raabans Editor Addon and the 101 Editor Addon but none of them works in the 3D editor.

/KC

This might be something that would have the things you need:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29841

I purchased a couple of 3d files a while back with intentions to add them into Arma 3, however due to a busy schedule and the lack of knowing how to add them into arma I have pushed them to the side. If anyone is interested in a 3d model for a GMT900 Suburban and Toyota Sequoia let me know and I'll send you the files

i would like the files please.