max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Curious if there have been any rumblings on any mod featuring concepts from the Future Vertical Lift program. Specifically the Sikorsky S97 Raider (which acheieved first flight recently), Bell V 280 Valor, etc. I have been modeling (albeit slowly and casual) a S97 Raider lately for modeling practice, and thought it could be a good fit for ARMA 3s timeline. I admit I am not fully knowledgeable on all aspects of FVL program and what its status is other than what i have read on various aviation and military websites and blogs, and I am sure there are some folks on here that could further educate on what this program is probably going to be able to achieve.

I'd actually been interested in possibly tackling an FVL/JMR mod in the future, preferably with some people who have more experience managing flight configs, but with the current projects I've got that's a long way out, at least for me to get involved.

These are the aircraft I'd considered for such a project:

Karem TR-36TD in the heavy lift/utility role

Bell V-280 Valor in the medium lift/utility and DAP roles

Sikorsky/Boeing SB>1 in the medium lift and attack roles

Sikorsky S-97 Raider in the light scout/light attack roles

AVX unnamed JMR entry (I nicknamed the Battlebus) in the Medium Lift and Attack roles

Bell/Boeing QRT in the ultra-heavy lift role

AVX OH-58VX in the light scout/light attack roles

Agusta Westland AW-609 in the light/medium lift role

I'd researched and collected some details on these craft a while back but I'm not up to speed on the most recent developments. I hadn't gotten as far as to which factions get which aircraft, or if this would be a BLUFOR only thing, but a lot seem to fall into place, like the V-280 looking distinctly NATO, while the AVX utility craft looks absolutely bizarre and alien enough to fit in with the CSAT visual style.

Edited by HkUrban
Added more details

I'd actually been interested in possibly tackling an FVL/JMR mod in the future, preferably with some people who have more experience managing flight configs, but with the current projects I've got that's a long way out, at least for me to get involved.

These are the aircraft I'd considered for such a project:

Karem TR-36TD in the heavy lift/utility role

Bell V-280 Valor in the medium lift/utility and DAP roles

Sikorsky/Boeing SB>1 in the medium lift and attack roles

Sikorsky S-97 Raider in the light scout/light attack roles

AVX unnamed JMR entry (I nicknamed the Battlebus) in the Medium Lift and Attack roles

Bell/Boeing QRT in the ultra-heavy lift role

AVX OH-58VX in the light scout/light attack roles

Agusta Westland AW-609 in the light/medium lift role

I'd researched and collected some details on these craft a while back but I'm not up to speed on the most recent developments. I hadn't gotten as far as to which factions get which aircraft, or if this would be a BLUFOR only thing, but a lot seem to fall into place, like the V-280 looking distinctly NATO, while the AVX utility craft looks absolutely bizarre and alien enough to fit in with the CSAT visual style.

If anyone decides to develop any of these aircraft I will be glad to assist with what information I can provide. I have worked all of these efforts from the government side of the JMR/FVL except AW 609 as it is not part of that program.

The AW 609 would likely be a potential CSAT aircraft as it is not a US program any more.

Edited by Yasotay

A gore mod would be good, with blood splatters, dismemberment, better wounds and screams of those dying.

Has any sort of stealth AI ever been attempted or in progress? Something where the AI reacts to players sneaking around better than just 'instant detection > whole squad shooting' within one split second of glimpsing a soldier's left foot in the dark?

I remember someone suggested in another thread a system where the AI of individual soldiers would have a 'suspicion meter' that would fill up when they saw or heard enemy players, at a rate depending on a variety of factors (how much of the soldier they saw, distance, light level, alertness level and maybe even the sneaking soldier's type of clothing/uniform), and when it reached the top they would contact the rest of their squad and go into battle mode, or maybe go to investigate (definitely the hardest part), depending on their previous battle-alertness state. I would love to see something like this, I can imagine it not being easy at all though.

Would be amazing though if done well, especially for Zeus run missions. At the moment I have to basically hack it, setting all sneaking players to 'setcaptive' and then un-setting them as soon as I think they would have been spotted or someone has fired, etc. Otherwise the AI is way too good at spotting the 1/20th of one of them through a bush and instant shooting them in the head, even in situations where they would definitely not react that fast or with such hostility.

Hey Guys my name is Tex and i am in the ArmA business for a while and i wondered why there never was a glider mod...

Sooo i had an idea.

I would like to make a Glider Mod for ArmA 3 and this glider should be the DG1001M. It got a folding engine that comes out of the back of the body and it can start without a towing plane just with his own engine power.

http://i.imgur.com/VeC5bse.jpg?1 (200 kB)

This Picture is Copyrighted by me as i am the Photographer.

This is how it looks like. And this is my start:

http://i.imgur.com/wBp3iTT.jpg?1 (167 kB)

But sadly i now know that my modeling skills are not the best and i think i need another modeler.

Sooo i can support the modeler with everything he/she needs because i fly the plane pretty much every weekend.

I hope you guys got interested in the mod and if you are you can send me a pm. I try to reply as quick as i can.

Thanks for your attention ;)

Tex

Edited by Tex_

I don't think this would work within the limits of the game but I'd really like to see GPMGs that you can easily deploy as static weapons and create a machine gun position. It would almost be like setting the bi-pod, but it would allow anyone else to "get in" the gun if the gunner goes down/gets injured. Also it would be pretty cool if you could start clipping belts together say maybe up to 500 rounds or something like that.

I'd love a Chinese/North Korean modern unit pack, similar to RHS Escalation

I'd love a Chinese/North Korean modern unit pack, similar to RHS Escalation
Although it claims 2035, majoris' PLA Infantry mod remains the closest to what you're looking for insofar as the PLA.

I would like to see on my wish list of Mods for ARMA 3 the following for Special Forces multi player missions.

A jungle penetrater for Special Forces or CSAR extractions http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tpilsch/Ai...enetrator.html

JPADS - GPS guided parachute drops of supplies http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...-reality-0678/

*** Fulton or Skyhook Balloon surface to air extraction system for retrieving persons from the ground

Special Patrol insertion/Extraction (SPIE) system for a SF team, where a helicopter cannot land allowing four operators to suspend from a rope in flight https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...ion/Extraction

*** Torpedo SEAL POD - two man torpedo launched from submarine and GPS guided automatically to destination or driven http://jfdefence.com/sealpod/torpedo/

Gryphon Wing suit for Special forces HAHO insertions http://www.gizmag.com/wingsuits-gryphon/13512/

That should set some great modders minds thinking, I hope.

Edited by CommandoUKSF

I'm not talking about those small SEAL Delivery Vehicles that ArmA 3 added in by default. I"m talking about Virginia, Delta IV, and Los Angeles type submarines being added into the game via addon. It was done in ArmA 2 via this mod: Submarine Pack.

I mean, it even had working, launchable cruise missiles added into it with an amazing launching effect. I was able to download the pack, put it into ArmA 3, and play with it, but it uses old ArmA 2 controls and is not functional weapons wise. It is only for looks to scare the crap out of your guys *imagine seeing a massive submarine just pop out of the ocean when you're on the coast.)

Am I the only one who thinks it would be an amazing idea to have a working, functional submarine(s) that is able to launch torpedoes and cruise missiles, or is it just me here?

You need to post this on Addon Request Thread

Or your idea is just gonna sink to the bottom of this forums and never see light again.

Why not add a submarine pack into ArmA 3?

I'm not talking about those small SEAL Delivery Vehicles that ArmA 3 added in by default. I"m talking about Virginia, Delta IV, and Los Angeles type submarines being added into the game via addon. It was done in ArmA 2 via this mod: Submarine Pack.

I mean, it even had working, launchable cruise missiles added into it with an amazing launching effect. I was able to download the pack, put it into ArmA 3, and play with it, but it uses old ArmA 2 controls and is not functional weapons wise. It is only for looks to scare the crap out of your guys *imagine seeing a massive submarine just pop out of the ocean when you're on the coast.)

Am I the only one who thinks it would be an amazing idea to have a working, functional submarine(s) that is able to launch torpedoes and cruise missiles, or is it just me here?

Edited by johnny0964
  • Like 1

Ricardo is right. Although there is one modern submarine (no link sorry) and one ww2 u-boat being developed right now.

You're not the only one.

• Like 1

So, in my endless quest for modern day realism, i have found quite a few mods that add new plate carriers and backpacks alike. But i want more of it. Not just reskins of the arma 3 plate carriers but custom ones. For example the BAF Equipment has a lot of custom plate carriers and awesome backpacks, but I was looking for a PLA version or something like that. So if anyone has mods like this then please feel free to link them. Here is a list of mods i am already using.

TRYK Uniforms, CSAT Modification Project, SOCMOD, and Spec4Vest. I tried RHS but they were a bit large and i just didnt like the weapons/plate carriers. Anyway thanks for any help on my endless quest for more custom plate carriers!

I have 3 submarines so far under construction, with many more on the board (fictional).

One of the absolute biggest gaping holes in A3 is the lack of a Naval assets.

Did you do anything special to get that Submarine Pack into A3? Didn't even try yet, but

maybe that'd speed things up a bit to look at them. I believe that's Gnat's work, right?

I tried the A2 Submarine pack shown in post #2237 in A3 the other day and was able to drive all the submarines using the Altis map without problem. Managed to make them dive to periscope depth and surface again. Engine sounds working.

After that although I could enter the weapons station and try to fire a torpedo, I could see a splash in the water ahead but at that point nothing more seen visually.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CommandoUKSF

A GALIL mod. This gun deserves to be in Arma 3!

Lopking for a mod that will lock backpacks of AI units in some area. May somebosy help?

Can we please get the ingame coms redone? Its really bad. You should have better direct chat (whisper, yell, etc) and better quality. would be awesome. And yea I am not talking about a mod. The game needs a update for this