max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Hey guys

since there is kind of a lack of good Sci Fi content compared to the last Arma games in Arma 3 with exception to the awesome OpTre mod. I found this mod called the Macross - Robotech VF-1S and REALLY would love to have it ported to Arma 3 ( it was in Arma 2). I have seen videos of it on youtube in Arma 3 but the author did not bother to share his port with his viewers. Can someone port this addon or tell me how? I have tried to read up on it but it seems pretty confusing, or maybe someone already has the ported PBO on hand? It is EXACTLY what we need for a Sci-fi scenario me and my buddies are doing on Zeus this week.

The help would be hugely appreciated!!!

*Tap tap tap* Hello? Is this thing on??? Anyone out there? :)

this isn't how this thread works. don't expect someone to do it, or reply to you either.

If you want help porting an addon, and you have permission from the original author, post specific questions ("tell me how to port it" is not specific question btw) use the editing section

Just got a chance to play some ARMA 3 over the weekend, having purchased it during the recent Steam summer sale, and have some observations to make for BI and modders that endeavor to make ARMA series as accurate as a military simulation as it can get, in no particular priority.

Requested Feature Add-On: Toggling Brightness Levels of Optics

Often times certain RDS/HWS/Illuminated optics in game the reticle blooms or is not representative of the actual illuminated reticle. Take for instance the current default in-game brightness level of the EOTech, seems to be at a level 14/20, which is extremely bright for indoor or low-light environments (though there is lesser possibility the reticule will be washed out by white light - flashlight), but makes the 1-MOA dot in the dreaded "Donut of Death", look like a 4 MOA dot, making hard to place shots at say 300 m as the dot will completely obstruct a head shot (equally holds true for the Aimpoints like the CompM4/M4s, what is supposed to be a 2 MOA dot but seems like the original CompM2 with a 4 MOA dot), small details that gamers may not recognize if they never looked through an EOTech, or Aimpoint. Having the ability to dial down brightness can also simulate the effect of making the dot smaller, which is a technique used in establishing BZOs in real world or low light environments, or in game play making it easier to make more effective precise shots with otherwise default thick/large reticles dots.

2006-10-05_134430_eotech.jpg

200mZEROTARGETPERSPECTIVE.png

So allowing the player to toggle down brightness, in game effect would be effectively minimizing the illuminated reticle size, apparent blooming, and/or opacity to get the effect.

Requested Feature Add-On:: Co-witness Sights with BUIS and Parallax Free Optics

One of the features I would definitely like to see added is the ability to co-witness sights with BUIS (Back-Up Iron Sights), where the red dot and irons line up. Real world, used as a backup when the HWS/RDS fails, have yet to see a video game that properly implements this feature. I prefer 1/3 Co-witness, as an absolute co-witness obstructs too much of the view in my opinion.

T-1SightPicture.jpg

In addition to this feature request, I’ve noticed the dot projected on the front lens element stays always centered in the optics. However, in actuality when shooting in supine and other unconventional positions the dot does move, minor discrepancy from in game versus down range with how near parallax free optics function.

Aimpointreticle-2.jpg

Requested Feature Add-On: Spotting Scopes w/ Integral LRF, ATRAG, Kestrel, NODs, and IR Illuminator

The ultimate all in one ballistic solution package, that takes atmospherics, and distance – feeds data directly into solver and spits out hold overs or turret corrections. And while we’re at it, would be nice to mount NODs (I2 or Thermals) with IR Illuminator for additional force multiplier, so much easier to make calls, especially at night to guide a shooter on target, oppose to calling out headings, distances, or milling, just have the shooter aim at where the spotter has the IR laser temporarily illuminated, assuming the shooter is running a PVS 22 or similar clip on night vision device, hold over or dial, and send it.

BracketSystem1.jpg

zeiss2big.jpg

thumbnail-surveillance.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Requested Feature Add-On:: Long Range Shooting Overhaul - Christmas Tree Reticles, Dialing for Windage, and Actual Scope Turret Clicks

Although BI and some modders have included a variety of “Christmas Tree†reticles, I’d definitely like to see a wider variety, and haven’t yet tested them to see if the holding over using the reticle is as effective as adjusting zero/elevation (Page Up/Down). Popular in precision rifle circuit is the GAP’s G2DMR, though my personal favorite is the Horus H59.

See link below for recent trends in precision rifle community:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/10/24/best-tactical-scopes-what-the-pros-use/

most-popular-scope-reticles.png

What’s missing is an option to also dial windage, though in real world application I typically hold for wind, as the conditions are dynamic, and also if you’re shooting a mover, trying to remember how much you’ve dialed or what you need to take off can be confusing, especially under stress and time constraints. But it’s still a nice option to have, especially if you’re gathering dope.

Also instead of making gross adjustments, using Page Up/Down to control zero, in 100 meter increments, to have them based on actual angular scope turret adjustments, per 0.1 mils or whatever actually corresponds to each click adjustment on scope. This would help make ARMA 3 more of a precision long range training tool, as players actually need to gather dope, and have a chart of hold overs. I know this would be daunting to implement though, as even scope manufacturers make different turret adjustments for the same scope, whether mil, IPHY, or MOA based.

Having also spotting scopes that matches shooters turrets is helpful too, a Leupold Mark 4 or Hensoldt 45 with H-32/36, TMR or traditional mil dot would be a nice feature.

Requested Feature Add-On: Realistic Suppressor/Silencer Effects – Heat Mirage, Cyclic Rate and Muzzle Velocity Increase

Since ARMA 3 and many modders endeavor to make all aspects of game play realistic, one area missing is the effect of using a suppressor/silencer. Suppressors can have an unintended effect of shifting POA/POI, the additional mass ahead dampens barrel harmonics, and also free bore boost from gases trapped in the baffles can cause an increase in muzzle velocity and pressures can increase cyclic rate tremendously. The effect varies from weapon system and suppressor manufacturers. So gathering performance metrics across various weapon systems and modeling/scripting it would be difficult to model each of these variables. Two things that folks that run “cans†can attest to, lingo for those in the US that reside in an NFA friendly state when referring to suppressors, is how dirty running suppressed even on a gas piston gun can be - how critical it is to properly lube the action, and also how hot they can get. An add-on that increases the chance of malfunctions with a suppressor mounted, and the modeling of heat mirage, especially in select or full auto fire that obstructs the shooter view would be awesome addition in terms of realism.

minimal_examples.gif

End Notes:

Those are just some noteworthy observations/suggestions I've made thus far, and I look forward to seeing what BI and the modding community is able to develop in the near future!

Robot / Autonomous Vehicles and Assets mod.

Interested in simulating semi-autonomous warfare with human and robots operating in the same battlespace.

UAVs, UGVs, 2 legs, 4 legs, wheels, tracks. etc.

tf3dm uses rip content. i would advise against using any of the content found there.

Requested Feature Add-On: Toggling Brightness Levels of Optics

Can't really be done simply in an addon since the apparent width and brightness of the reticle is determined by a texture and material files inside the optics model. You can't change these particular textures in the model the fly, so it involves modelling multiple versions of the same attachment and scripting so that you can swap between the models.

We made a small addon that allows changing between models and has been used by some addon makers to recreate optics with multiple, selectable reticle designs/colours:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181338-MRT-Accessory-Functions

And as such it could be done for brightness using that method, but it's somewhat impractical to create dozens and dozens of alternate models

Requested Feature Add-On:: Co-witness Sights with BUIS and Parallax Free Optics

This isn't really practical since the co-witness is dependant on the height of the optics mount compared to the height of the BUIS over the rail. An optics model with a cowitness that works on one weapon may not have the same co-witness on another weapon because the irons are a different height, so one would have to create multiple optics models with mounts of differing heights. The only way to ensure it works would be to design both the optics attachment and weapon models together, with co-witnessing in mind.

For example, I made a RMR model that I designed to have a co-witness with the BIS 4-Five pistol, but if I mount it on another weapon such as the Glock 17 from CUP, it's no longer co-witnessed because of the height of the irons on the Glock being much lower and the mounting point for the optic being cut higher into the frame.

e5YToL6t.jpg

Rather unintentionally, the rail-mounted version of the RMR that I made, lollypops quite nicely with the Navid's front sight post. However, as you can see the same is not true when fitted to other weapons with sight posts of a different height, like the Mk1 EMR (the dot is now at the bottom of the front sight post)

rGBCG7Rt.jpg

With these two weapons, the rear sights automatically fold down when optics are attached ingame so one can't really determine what the co-witness with the rear sights is like.

Requested Feature Add-On:: Long Range Shooting Overhaul - Christmas Tree Reticles, Dialing for Windage, and Actual Scope Turret Clicks

ACE 3 adds the ability to set up scopes with click turret adjustment for windage and elevation. There are a couple of optional files included in the mod to add such sight adjustment to community scope addons when running them with ACE.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190433-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE

Requested Feature Add-On: Realistic Suppressor/Silencer Effects – Heat Mirage, Cyclic Rate and Muzzle Velocity Increase

Since ARMA 3 and many modders endeavor to make all aspects of game play realistic, one area missing is the effect of using a suppressor/silencer. Suppressors can have an unintended effect of shifting POA/POI, the additional mass ahead dampens barrel harmonics, and also free bore boost from gases trapped in the baffles can cause an increase in muzzle velocity...

Suppressors in the game already increase muzzle velocity by ~5% to provide an analogue to free bore boost. The game's default 100m increment zeroing system doesn't account for this change in muzzle velocity so there is usually an apparent vertical POI shift compared to the unsuppressed weapon, which is the result of the increased muzzle velocity no longer having the same ballistic trajectory.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Btw, lovely LMT MWS in your signature. Is that addon part of some package available to download?

I've been trying to find an OBR, perhaps an ARMA 3 port from MOH, but was surprised no one's gotten around to modeling one yet, at least a 7.62 variant.

When I was in the market for an 308 AR, I almost got an MWS, when I was debating between sourcing parts and assembling it myself, versus buying one, discovered they aren't as standardized as AR15 platform. DPMS v. Armalite parts weren't necessarily as interchangable. So I narrowed my choices down to the KAC, LMT and LaRue, dimissed the KAC due to cost, they wanted $2k more, and almost went to the MWS, but at the time they didn't offer stainless steel barrels, just had their hard chrome lined barrels, which weren't guaranteed to be 1 MOA or less, though majority of users have been getting good groups, but ultimately went with the 7.62 OBR for semi-auto precision role, although the MWS was cheaper by a few hundred.

Be nice to run one in game. I've thought about trying to extract the surface geometries, I've played around with AutoDesk 360 Recap, that allows users to upload pictures to the cloud and export an 3d file, I believe .obj, but I'm not proficient enough yet to cleaning up the mesh, from what I recall, the mesh density is quite high, can even detect paint thicknesses of a couple thou, and I lack the knowledge to export or apply textures, let alone what it takes to bring in muzzle flash, reload and bolt animation.

Can't really be done simply in an addon since the apparent width and brightness of the reticle is determined by a texture and material files inside the optics model. You can't change these particular textures in the model the fly, so it involves modelling multiple versions of the same attachment and scripting so that you can swap between the models.

We made a small addon that allows changing between models and has been used by some addon makers to recreate optics with multiple, selectable reticle designs/colours:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181338-MRT-Accessory-Functions

And as such it could be done for brightness using that method, but it's somewhat impractical to create dozens and dozens of alternate models

Thanks for your work on the modularity of attachments and interchangable optics. Yeah, I can definitely see the impracticality here natively in ARMA 3, having a workaround with multiple reticle textures for different brightness levels, taking an EOTech for example, would mean 20 different reticle textures for the same optic, which would cutter the selection menu in supply crate. Perhaps BI devs will consider it in ARMA 4, a more streamline way of selecting reticle textures, oppose to having them uniquely assigned per optic model.

This isn't really practical since the co-witness is dependant on the height of the optics mount compared to the height of the BUIS over the rail. An optics model with a cowitness that works on one weapon may not have the same co-witness on another weapon because the irons are a different height, so one would have to create multiple optics models with mounts of differing heights. The only way to ensure it works would be to design both the optics attachment and weapon models together, with co-witnessing in mind.

For example, I made a RMR model that I designed to have a co-witness with the BIS 4-Five pistol, but if I mount it on another weapon such as the Glock 17 from CUP, it's no longer co-witnessed because of the height of the irons on the Glock being much lower and the mounting point for the optic being cut higher into the frame.

http://i.imgur.com/e5YToL6t.jpg

Rather unintentionally, the rail-mounted version of the RMR that I made, lollypops quite nicely with the Navid's front sight post. However, as you can see the same is not true when fitted to other weapons with sight posts of a different height, like the Mk1 EMR (the dot is now at the bottom of the front sight post)

http://i.imgur.com/rGBCG7Rt.jpg

With these two weapons, the rear sights automatically fold down when optics are attached ingame so one can't really determine what the co-witness with the rear sights is like.

Good point, in order for co-witness to work properly, means weapons and 1x optics, would need to be designed together. Actually, I should have known better, as we have to deal with it in reality too, finding the optimal scope height. Often times you can't get a cowitness on certain guns, because either the mount lacks the modularity, spacers, or head space/real estate, if the red dot/HWS mount isn't designed integral from the ground up to cowitness, a prime example being the MP5.

ACE 3 adds the ability to set up scopes with click turret adjustment for windage and elevation. There are a couple of optional files included in the mod to add such sight adjustment to community scope addons when running them with ACE.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190433-ACE3-A-collaborative-merger-between-AGM-CSE-and-ACE

Thanks for the suggestion, I've only played vanilla so far, I'll definitely take a look at it, when I start adding mods.

Suppressors in the game already increase muzzle velocity by ~5% to provide an analogue to free bore boost. The game's default 100m increment zeroing system doesn't account for this change in muzzle velocity so there is usually an apparent vertical POI shift compared to the unsuppressed weapon, which is the result of the increased muzzle velocity no longer having the same ballistic trajectory.

Really? I'm going to have to test that out, see how much of a POI shift there is, and if it's consistent, or different with calibers, if so, excellent work on BI's part. Most games I've played the devs lazily just automatically reduce the damage model with suppressors, making a global assumption the shooter using subsonic rounds, but in reality, especially certain center fired rounds, in 223/556 guns don't properly cycle using subsonic rounds, and using typical powder loads through a suppressor doesn't change terminal ballistics much, with a ~15-50 fps increase, although some folks like to run red line, with +P+ ammunition, running as hot as they can get it. Although it does change the point of transitions from sonic to subsonic, transonic flight, approaching the speed of sound, which definitely changes POI in terms of trajectory at long range and when gyroscopic stability definitely comes into play.

Related to suppressors, the LMT MWS in your signature, I especially like that it sports a Surefire flashhider too, which makes it compatible, or rather matches with RH's accessory pack that features Surefire legacy 7.62 K suppressors. Well, I mean in actual practice. It erks me a little that one can just quick detach any suppressor without consideration with the interface, the muzzle device - guess some things would be too real world to model for game/sim. Weapons should feature the correct brake or muzzle device, Silenerco trifecta, AAC 51/90T, or Surefire flashhider/brake to use with their corresponding suppressor. In game play, in the back of my mind I know the gun is modeled with say a A2 birdcage flash hider, but somehow I can attach a Ops In, AAC, Silencerco, or Surefire can. I know, small detail that won't break people's game play, most probably don't care about, but for any one that has used a suppressor knows, uh, you can't do that. Also laughed a little myself, I can quickly remove the suppressor, with no consequences. Been to a couple carbine classes, and you definitely become aware of your muzzle, especially when running suppressed while performing pistol transitions, don't ask me how I ruined a couple 5.11 pants that way. If you think I'm joking, I'm not the only one:

http://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-153147.html

I suppose if one can't easily script or add a heat mirage when shooting long strings of fire with a suppressor, is model in suppressor wraps. I run a TAB SAS 1 on the OBR, velcro easy on and off, but there are other variants for folks that go down range, in thick foliage, have added paracord retention.

http://tabgear.com/files/7013/5423/7127/tab-gearjpg10.jpg (103 kB)

There are also silicone based designs too, which are more heat resistant than fabric, though I hear they are a PITA to take off.

M110SUPCOVGSA-1.1.jpg

It's more common to see them on suppressed precision rifles, due to mirage obstructing the target. It's a must have accessory. In my experience, it takes just 5 rounds, before you see the mirage, less so on 1x optics (20 rounds or so), but with magnified optics, you'll see it quite clearly. I'm considering getting one for my MK18 clone, because of safety, tremendous amount of heat generated in carbine classes while performing certain drills.

I'm probably being too net picky, but these small details when using a suppressor, would be a nice feature set for immersion the next ARMA, or if possible, for ACE update.

Hello Arma 3 Community

I am a Server Admin and Developer for a Server looking at starting a modded server but we haven't quite found any mods that fit our requirements. We like to keep our vehicles looking Australian and our uniforms the same. Our development team is good at scripting for arma but we lack 3d artists and animators.

We are looking for complete police mods in the style of the New South Wales Police Department and Ambulance Service. Along with this we it would be great to get civilian vehicle and outfit mods. Further more any mods that would help change the Altis map or even if there maybe a better RP map that is finished out there. Finally if anyone knows of any integral mods for a RP server I would appreciate if I could get a link

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.

We need this. I'm really trying to build out an entire Light Infantry Company, and I can't do it without the pocket artillery.

Any particular reason that the existing 82 mm mortars -- in disassembled tube and baseplate/bipod backpack form that is -- don't fit in your TO&E?

I was just wondering if anyone knows of working torpedos? I have been looking everywhere and cant find and good ones I can incorporate into my own planes... i.e mount it to the bottom and fire while flying... once it hits the ater it will take off in a straight line until contact.

Yes!

I would love to know how to do this as well. I have torpedos and submarines coming at some point, but have no clue how to get torpedos and missles to work. If you find anything, shoot me a PM.

Because they aren't part of the TOE. I'm just trying to be a purist.

Because they aren't part of the TOE. I'm just trying to be a purist.
The easiest solution would be a config-only mod where the new mortar inherits from the vanilla mortar (admittedly looking visually identical) but has magazines/ammo/stats corresponding to a 60 mm "version."

@Goblin and @kmiles1990: Keep an eye on here.

I would like to request for the AOA SUV to be ported to A3.Ideally the normal one and the armed version,but only the normal one will suffice too.

I would like to request for the AOA SUV to be ported to A3.Ideally the normal one and the armed version,but only the normal one will suffice too.
I'm pretty sure that this is within CUP's purview and therefore underway.

I'm pretty sure that this is within CUP's purview and therefore underway.

Perhaps,but I don't want the whole CUP pack for one vehicle and looking at their objectives it's gonna be a while until they manage to bring the whole AOA content in A3.

I'm interested only in the SUV for my pmc missions.

Perhaps,but I don't want the whole CUP pack for one vehicle and looking at their objectives it's gonna be a while until they manage to bring the whole AOA content in A3.

I'm interested only in the SUV for my pmc missions.

Perhaps look at learning how to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources on how to do it.

Perhaps look at learning how to do it yourself? There are plenty of resources on how to do it.

We're in "A3 Addon Request thread" otherwise why not close the thread and say "do it yourself" to any request?

We're in "A3 Addon Request thread" otherwise why not close the thread and say "do it yourself" to any request?

I can see which thread we are talking in, i was simply making a simple suggestion. There was no need for your sarcastic response.

Sorry about that,I mistook your earlier reply.

Curious if there have been any rumblings on any mod featuring concepts from the Future Vertical Lift program. Specifically the Sikorsky S97 Raider (which acheieved first flight recently), Bell V 280 Valor, etc. I have been modeling (albeit slowly and casual) a S97 Raider lately for modeling practice, and thought it could be a good fit for ARMA 3s timeline. I admit I am not fully knowledgeable on all aspects of FVL program and what its status is other than what i have read on various aviation and military websites and blogs, and I am sure there are some folks on here that could further educate on what this program is probably going to be able to achieve.