max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I find it quite the opposite.

The Chenarus fatigue has set in and a European map is the last thing I want to play in.

Lately I've been craving to make an American style map, but I don't have time to create the assets needed. I think it's sad that most modellers put their effort into making just guns and vehicles.

+111

Totally agree with you Opteryx. Unfortunately I do not have the talent to create new buildings etc. so I just hope that the modders of this community balance their work more in the future.

This is an important discussion for the future of Arma 3 so I'm quite confused why someone reported this topic.

Edited by Nikiforos

Could someone make a Bus With changing destinations signs to like;

Kavala

Athira

Agios Dionysios

Pyrgos

Sofia

And add Altis international as a destination

Heres a image of suggestion

thanks luna

I know there once was a nuke mod by panda that is now completely gone from the internet.I know there is a script of a nuke mod from A2 ported to A3,but a script is of no use to an idiot like me who has barely gotten the basics of the editor.So,basically what I would like to see is a nuke that is easy to use,preferably spawnable via Zeus(either as a detonatable object like an explosive from the empty units OR an instantly detonating module OR whatever you're able to think of).

This would be a nice addition to the missions I do in Zeus with my friends and I would be very grateful if somebody made this.:)

There's an Arma 2 addon still available on Armaholic - no idea if it works in A3 but worth a shot. Be sure to read the comments, especially that by clutchy on 2011-05-10.

I agree, but most maps are created by one person, and you really have to be an environment / prop artist to bring any new location to life - This takes a hell of a lot of time! I would like to start, or, see people come together and work on shared asset packs - designed for the current or upcoming terrains. For example my UK buildings could be repurposed for other European settings.

You will never get 1:1 - unless your in a mod team, but I do think there are ways to work in collaboration, rather than making do with defualt arma assets or using semi useful objects from other addon releases.

I find it quite the opposite.

The Chenarus fatigue has set in and a European map is the last thing I want to play in.

Bad exampler over ^^ there.

Chernarus is too much based on eastern Europe shitholes, it has a way too much forests, hills and let's not even mention the rest of it. The Europe is mostly beautiful and you seriously should see some pictures before making judgements.

You have to admit that Chernarus has a very strong barely-ex-Soviet feel to it. In between the T-34 laden monuments and the very industrial feel it would not be out of place in mid '80s USSR.

Detroid, USA is also industrial city, and there are many like it in the west...

Check this out.

As You can see, devs have done what they could to make it look as real as possible. That's cool. OK most of the buildings are from 70-80 but still, it's a great map.

If there will be next World War, You can be sure that there will be battles in Poland (which btw doesn't remind me post soviet shithole) Ukraine, Germany... So it would be cool to have those maps, before shi% gets worse...

It did work but the explosion effects were kinda underwhelming.Not sure if it's the way it's supposed to be though,as I was getting some errors when I set it off.I did manage to get hold of the old Ivory GR4 Tornado mod,which includes panda's nuke as one of the loadouts,so I've got that at least.

Just wondering what does it take to make a weapon mod. because I'm designing a rifle and know I wont have money for a prototype once it's done for some time, so when ever I finish it what would it take for someone to take a 3D model (i'd have to make anyways) and make it work in game? I ask because I know nothing about coding or any of that stuff, even thou I should learn how.

What I would in your situation Ivan is go on Armaholic and download a single weapon from one of the Arma3 listings, open it up, and look at the coding,

copy n paste (maybe contact the author) if you go that route and ask if you can use his code, as I think most are custom,

but I'd assume are still general enough that most files use similar code.

What I would in your situation Ivan is go on Armaholic and download a single weapon from one of the Arma3 listings, open it up, and look at the coding,

copy n paste (maybe contact the author) if you go that route and ask if you can use his code, as I think most are custom,

but I'd assume are still general enough that most files use similar code.

You realize that you encouraging a newcomer to reverse engineer other people's code, when the same config is most likely available for him via all in one config, as well as the tool's samples? You should know better..

Plus, i hope you are aware that prototyping a weapon is done using CAD modelling software (nurb based such as CATIA, rhino, inventor etc), and he needs to reduce that to polygon modelling...

Just wondering what does it take to make a weapon mod. because I'm designing a rifle and know I wont have money for a prototype once it's done for some time, so when ever I finish it what would it take for someone to take a 3D model (i'd have to make anyways) and make it work in game? I ask because I know nothing about coding or any of that stuff, even thou I should learn how.

You need a game ready mesh, no matter how you do your production 3d model for prototyping (i assume it is intended for CNC, so i'd use a CAD software that can export .plt files or whatever the production software file needs to read) . Then you need all the textures, configs and animations ready if you don't want it to be a prop. You have samples for all that that you can use as guidelines in your samples folder that comes with A3 dev tools, as well as in the content released as samples from A1 and A2.

I would go to the editing part of those forums in order to get more than just an opinion. Once you have your 3d model ready (whatever format), just ask point by point question in the editing sub-forums, people around here is pretty helpful and forthcoming.

Evenin lads,

im in the starting phase of creating a few scenarios featuring guerilla missions as the Irish Republican Army.

So far i have RDS civillians which is great mod with good old fashioned 70/80's cars etc,nice civies.

Im staging missions on Panthera by ice breaker,as its almost identical to Ireland,And of course the IRA faction mod itself here in the addons section.

Now i know there are tonnes of assets,buildings/weapons etc.But im looking for specificly some IRA murals(the graffiti on the wall)I saw a picture before somewhere and cant find what mod its from.

Would some one know?And could someone suggest anything IRA related that i can use for scenarios?Even scenario ideas themeselves as my main theme is of course blowing shit up.car bombs,executions of enemy,ambushes etc.

Thanks gents!

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Evenin lads,

im in the starting phase of creating a few scenarios featuring guerilla missions as the Irish Republican Army.

So far i have RDS civillians which is great mod with good old fashioned 70/80's cars etc,nice civies.

Im staging missions on Panthera by ice breaker,as its almost identical to Ireland,And of course the IRA faction mod itself here in the addons section.

Now i know there are tonnes of assets,buildings/weapons etc.But im looking for specificly some IRA murals(the graffiti on the wall)I saw a picture before somewhere and cant find what mod its from.

Would some one know?And could someone suggest anything IRA related that i can use for scenarios?Even scenario ideas themeselves as my main theme is of course blowing shit up.car bombs,executions of enemy,ambushes etc.

Thanks gents!

OH...and if there are any margeret thatcher models lyin about..... ;)

Evenin lads,

Thanks gents!

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

OH...and if there are any margeret thatcher models lyin about..... ;)

ira.wmv:

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Map owner smoke is on these forums.

Also on a side note anyone know of anyone adding more drones into the game, because only one i've seen so far is the cargo UAV and the globalhawk kinda copy.

Edited by Ivan Keska

FPDR This is what the Addons Request Thread is for...

No sir,

That forum is for "addon requests"

Im seeking information on already existing assets,please re-read.

cheers

ira.wmv:

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Map owner smoke is on these forums.

Thanks for the info.Thats me favourate RA song he had playing n all hahaha

No sir,

That forum is for "addon requests"

Im seeking information on already existing assets,please re-read.

cheers

Yes Sir, thats EXACTLY what its for:

Put your addon requests in this thread (and hope for the best). Use this thread for:

1. Sharing your addon ideas with modders

- or -

2. Trying to locate a mod or addon

Please don't make new threads for these purposes. :)

Please re-read.

Edited by Jackal326

I have the usual performance problems with A3. In A2 I was using this brilliant little addon ... Dynamic View Distance ... When I would go into combat with AI the FPS would drop due to CPU being utilised (I don't play MP but I guess the same things happens in PvP due to ballistics calculations). This addon would detect that and drop the view distance down to keep the FPS up, view distance would be raised again once the FPS goes back up. Please note that this was done automatically, and is not the same as some already existing view distance addon's out there for A3 that allow view distance presets for troops on the ground and in the air.

So wadda you think ? This seems like such an essential performance addon for the ever rig crippling Arma ?

@DJ_Barney: have you tried running tpw's DVD in A3? - I've found that several small addons work well in A3, e.g. kju's "Disable_friendlyFire_server" (particularly useful as it stops grunts from dying from when run over or even just brushed by slow vehicles). If it doesn't work I suspect tpw might respond favourably to a request for an A3 version, he's a very decent guy.

@DJ_Barney: have you tried running tpw's DVD in A3? - I've found that several small addons work well in A3, e.g. kju's "Disable_friendlyFire_server" (particularly useful as it stops grunts from dying from when run over or even just brushed by slow vehicles). If it doesn't work I suspect tpw might respond favourably to a request for an A3 version, he's a very decent guy.

Yes, indeed it does work in A3, seemingly without modification, but I have not done extensive testing. Tpw replied to me on the original addon thrwad: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?113787-Dynamic-View-Distance-(DVD)&p=2915224&viewfull=1#post2915224.

CHINESE AIRCRAFT MOD

---------------------------

Will anyone be willing to make a Chinese aircraft pack or any of the aircraft listed below, they will be pretty unique

WZ-11 Attack Helo

Z-11 (Chinese style little bird)

Z-9 Transport chopper

J-31 New Fighter

J-20 New Stealth Jet

J-15 Chinese carrier Jet

Q-5 Ground attack Jet

AND one request

SU-47 (You'll know it when you see it)

I second the requests for the WZ-11, Z-9, J-20 and SU-47 for CSAT!

I also want to add a couple of requests to my list. See pages 105, 134, 135, 205 and 206 for my other requests.

- A Z-19 for CSAT --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin_Z-19

- A Xian Y-20 for CSAT --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xian_Y-20

- An Eurocopter SA 365/AS365 Dauphin 2 pack for the AAF --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_AS365_Dauphin

I am looking for a mod that either A.) Correctly models and makes use of a military protactor like this: ( http://www.traditioncreek.com/storefront/images/products_supplies/map_protractor.gif ) or B.) Simply adds the ability to switch the map or make the map into 8-10 digit coordinate capability.

While there IS mods out there that add protractors, they are modeled differently or made incorrectly. The protractor should be able to be used on most custom maps (Or at the least, maps from AiA) not just Altis and Stratis.

I would also like the protactor to be modeled for reading the map left to right and up. Unlike currently where A3 has it backwards.

Thanks!