max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

One build in the Alpha was RPG hell, it was pretty cool. The problem is that they didn't save any for AT use.

AT weapons can be configged for anti-personnel use, I have a weapon like that in my MEC mod.

Hello, i´ve been walking around with this idea and i want this to come true, anyways here it is: Have you ever played red alert? if not google it thats the kind of game mode for zeus i want as a mod or so, i want a gamemode or something that uses zeus but also disables some of the zeus functions so zeus can´t move units(dragging) them but they have to go to a waypoint and stuff if you have played red alert 2 , 3 or any of them i think you know what i´m talking about like there is some income and you get money and you can purchase units and try to destroy eachothers bases and so on, sorry for bad english but a summary: Zeus+Red alert inspired gamemode :o

Anyone with a easy zeus setup mod? just a pain setting everything for zeus up..

Can someone tackle going through the tedious process of making a script/mod, Squad Deployable Rope. Rope for throwing down/up certain land features, and possibly buildings. This would make the first step to making ropes more usable for a wide range, and variety of missions. The animations don't have to be great or anything, it could be basic stuff. Or, it could be super good, and look good. Doesn't really matter. But it'd be a step in the direction ropes should be heading next.

Example of rope being thrown.

Expanded animations mod

Given much better animation system available in arma 3, I hope someone will tackle an improved animations mod, because while arma 3 is much better than arma 2 in that regard, there's still some annoying bits of the vanilla animation set for infantry.

1. walking with weapon UP - currently its just a little TOO slow, we should be able to modulate the speed at which we can walk without having to switch to a full combat jog which naturally makes the sights quite a bit less stable. Think about the speed with which an experienced team clears and downs the walls in room, its a fast step, not a jog or a stealthy walk.

2. weapon safe - enough has been said about the safe position already, the "relaxed" pose looks goofy, and the "combat safe" pose you still have to pause to re-raise the weapon. I would like to finally see a true low-ready position in the ArmA series, so that the gun is carried at the low ready (buttstock in shoulder) and players line of sight is unobstructed but they are still able to bring the sights up quickly when a threat is spotted.

3. "new" combat animations - some stuff for flavor would be cool. For example, firing from the hip and blind firing for when you want to get your poorly trained insurgent on. Or perhaps a "muzzle up" safe position ala navy SEALs.

4. edits to the "urban prone" positions that are currently in game. It would be nice to actually be able to use the sights from a prone left and prone right position. One of the positions in particular looks more like you've been knocked on your ass rather than a deliberate technique.

Hello, I have found a picture on "Deviant Art", which no longer lets me go. It shows a heavy tank that would be a great addition to Arma 3, a supplement to the "Slammer" Maybe some of the experienced modcreators here could cobble together something?

Here is the link to the picture:

http://exizt.deviantart.com/art/J-A-G-U-A-R-A-4-UWMod-216389015

I myself have unfortunately no experience or the necessary programs to create a 3D model by myself, and this then also to texture and implement in the game to me is therefore not possible.

Therefore, I have to rely on the help of the community. I hope that someone here can be enthusiastic about my idea.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have found a picture on "Deviant Art", which no longer lets me go. It shows a heavy tank that would be a great addition to Arma 3, a supplement to the "Slammer" Maybe some of the experienced modcreators here could cobble together something?

Here is the link to the picture:

http://exizt.deviantart.com/art/J-A-G-U-A-R-A-4-UWMod-216389015

I myself have unfortunately no experience or the necessary programs to create a 3D model by myself, and this then also to texture and implement in the game to me is therefore not possible.

Therefore, I have to rely on the help of the community. I hope that someone here can be enthusiastic about my idea.

Thanks in advance.

That looks like the Slammer and Kuma had a baby. It looks damn good too. XD

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of a Bushmaster PMV mod that has been released?

Thanks

rpick25

@DarkSideSixOfficial,

Yes, it is one of the factors that led me here to ask if a modder with the required programs could help me. Since it seems the tank could be some kind of a "Kitbash" from the models Kuma and Slammer, it might mean that it would be not so much work to create it than a completely new model.

All I'd need would be someone who helps me to create the tank ...

EDIT: I do not even know what programs do I need if I want to try it on my own or how to use them....

Whom should I contact to get advice or help creating the tank model?

I thought the whole thing as follows:

first thing is to put the tower of the "Slammer UP" on the chassis of the "Kuma" and replace the tracks of the "Kuma" with those of the "Slammer UP". Then retexture the whole vehicle with the textures of the "Slammer". If possible change the tower in its shape and provide the back of the "Kuma" chassis with the rear hatch of the "Slammer". Then, the tank should actually be already finished ...

Any thoughts?

Edited by JohnAndrews

Is anyone willing to make a 5 km² Russo-Takistani-Chernarussian fortified/militarized border map for a three-way warfare going on? That is, based on actual Chernarussian/Takistani maps of the region, but with free artistic range on the landscape type, save for the Svetlaya River running south from Lake Beloe which is positioned at the center of the map.. Should be fun for maritime infiltration, border-patrols, and artillery duels, or whatever you'd like to do. But please do fence off each nation properly, save for a few loopholes at some distance from official crossings perhaps. If anyone considers to do so: Thank you! :) (And yes, I might have asked this request before, but that was quite a while ago.)

Just like the title asks....why are there no addons that include WWII style or Vietnam style Prop-fighter planes? Arma 3 would be greatly improved if we could get Proper Fighter planes of the prop-driven variety. There are a couple addons but they are essentially just one plane.

There's any number of reasons that could be given re: beyond WWII, but some WW II Luftwaffe and Soviet Air Force prop fighters and the P-47 Thunderbolt are included in the Iron Front for Arma 3 mod and its LITE version.

Oh great...

That's the funniest ArmA video I've yet seen :)

Thanks for posting.

Anyone remember Zodd's airburst HEDP mod from A2? He ran into difficulties getting the AI to fire for airbursts.

He hasn't been on the forum since Jan 4 but maybe he could be interested in porting it to A3. Perhaps scripting AI airburst launches might be easier than in A2/CO.

Not quite what the OP had in mind but even more devastating (which is realistic, btw).

That's the funniest ArmA video I've yet seen :)

I think that's actually Insurgency. But yeah, definitely a fun video :D

I think that's actually Insurgency. But yeah, definitely a fun video :D

This. Lmao, it's from Insurgency. Where Co-Op AI's standard loadout is RPG. But anyhow, i could imagine the RPG script being used to replicate that same kind of madness.

I have a series of missions in the works and was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind getting in touch to go about creating the MR-C/GL?

search?q=mr-c&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=eqnrVLXGO4P_UIyVgdAO&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1654&bih=967#tbm=isch&q=advanced+warfighter+weapons&imgdii=_&imgrc=UoIX7Cyjig_iwM%253A%3BPcq2T9uPozfyPM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fvignette2.wikia.nocookie.net%252Fghostrecon%252Fimages%252Fe%252Fee%252FMrc_gl.jpg%252Frevision%252Flatest%253Fcb%253D20091224032321%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fghostrecon.wikia.com%252Fwiki%252FModular_Rifle-Caseless%3B480%3B360

Considering I cannot request to have an addon created just for me, I have an idea regarding a personalized variant exclusive to my work. Maybe even a public pack could be released also.

Ofp - bas studios did it

Maybe bis should just give us the option to select a unit in editor with ap ammo or addon makers with unit addons

This was done by Solus as well iirc. Anyway shouldn't this be in mod request forum being a request?

(If you're talking to me Das) Unless I'm mistaken this threads' title is 'ArmA 3 Addon Request Thread'?

Or am I mis-interpreting that... Addons (to me) are weapons, objects etc. MODs are things that physically change the game.

If I'm mistaken then someone please refer me to the right thread as in my mind I'm in the right place anyway.

(If you're talking to me Das) Unless I'm mistaken this threads' title is 'ArmA 3 Addon Request Thread'?

Or am I mis-interpreting that... Addons (to me) are weapons, objects etc. MODs are things that physically change the game.

If I'm mistaken then someone please refer me to the right thread as in my mind I'm in the right place anyway.

Das Attorney's original comment is presumably out-dated now as a thread has probably been merged into here.

I'm sure someone has come up with this, but a search for more info yields unfavorable results.

I'm requesting the integration of IHAADS for new vehicle addons. In simple terms, it's the ability of a pilot to aim a turret with his helmet. It could be useful for solo-manned aircraft or if your gunner dies of sudden, chronic IBS. Players who utilize the freelook feature or have the TrackIR setup will benefit more. Players who take advantage of neither probably don't fly much, or will be encouraged to evolve. :p

The challenge would be to work out a way that the turret aims at the same spot as the pilot, even though it is usually located a few feet from the pilot's head. I imagine an invisible line is calculated indicating the pilot's line of vision, and where that line intersects with terrain/geometry is where the turret will aim - and adjust accordingly for distance arc. So, I can see where this bit of scripting might be the tricky part.

Also, to aid in this type of control, the use of TrackIR for turret control can be temporarily adjusted. I find that adjusting for good turret control via control pad messes up the way it handles with TrackIR, and vice versa. The problem here is that a control pad may be preferred when you are a gunner, but not while a pilot or driver.

Here's to hoping!

First off, I love Arma 3 and BECTI! BECT is the only game mode I play and I would love to play it with the following parameter options/changes. If anyone is willing, feel free to make my dreams come true!

BLUFOR/OPFOR Starting Cash (Commander)

BLUFOR/OPFOR Starting Cash (Players)

AI Teams Roles

-Infantry Only

-Infantry & Motorized

-Infantry & Tanks

-ALL

AI Spot Range

-CQB

-Medium

-Normal

-High

AI Missile Range

-200m

-500m

-800m

-1000m

-Normal

AI Precision

-Low

-Normal

-High

AI Health

-Half

-Normal

-Double

Towns Income Schedule

-Once per town

-Periodically (Slow)

-Periodically (Frequent)

Town Defense (Neutral)

-On

-Off

Town Radar

-Off

-On

Respawn with last purchased gear

-on

-off

Respawn timer

-1 minute

-30 seconds

-15 seconds

Also, I would like to include the following features:

Halo Jump (Include selected AI teammates)

Spawn FOB from HEMMT Supply

Tags on spotted enemies (for 5 minutes)

All towns

enemy troops use tracers only