max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Can't turn of vehicle crosshairs (helicopters, planes) in difficulty.

Third person maybe, but not first person. At least for me it foesn't work.

I'd like to request a weapon system I think should be added to the game as a completely new system. I'm not sure why but the lack of interest in some of the better weapons systems for long distance shooting is sad.

200322223.jpg

This is a Cheytac M200 full tactical system, I would like to see some take the time to mod in this weapon system.

I'd like to request a weapon system I think should be added to the game as a completely new system. I'm not sure why but the lack of interest in some of the better weapons systems for long distance shooting is sad.

http://www.firearmsworld.net/usa/cheytac/200322223.jpg

This is a Cheytac M200 full tactical system, I would like to see some take the time to mod in this weapon system.

Umm... Lol? Go to the Arsenal, go to guns, and then select the LRR-Camo. Solved.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

EDIT: the only thing with the LRR (Cheytac Intervention) is it can't use bipods and doesn't have a suppressor, but likely that will be fixed when the Marksman DLC drops.

Nice response jackass, but unless you haven't noticed the fucking weapons don't have any other attachments than scopes, and that scope isn't in game. So before you comment do your research.

Nice response jackass, but unless you haven't noticed the fucking weapons don't have any other attachments than scopes, and that scope isn't in game. So before you comment do your research.

Woah there, I was just saying that it's already in game, and the Marksman DLC will likely bring the features you looking for, be it, you'll be able to use Bipods for certain, and the shooting mechanics will change for all guns regardless. Wasn't meant as an offensive reply. =/

and that scope isn't in game. So before you comment do your research.

The LRPS in the game is in fact modelled after the Nightforce NXS, only difference is it doesn't have a night vision goggle (which is what a PVS-14 actually is) clamped to the back. Wear the ones from RHS or StalkerGB's pack on your head and have fun pretending.

Suppressors can be made for the M320 - AFAIK it does have a muzzle slot proxy, just nobody's made a suppressor for it yet (or at least not released one yet).

No idea why anybody would want to stick an IR laser on a sniper rifle in Arma 3, since it makes you very easy to spot when there's a long freaking laser beam drawing a line between your OP and what you're aiming at.

The laser isn't the issue, that's used in RL when in certain conditions. And plus if modded properly it could be used just to signal points of interest for boots on the ground. The main focus of my request is the weapon, the suppressor, the scope with the attachment already on it and a retractable stock when it's placed on the players back. As far as those images go, I've never seen anyone with a working mod either, is this link a modders post or is it some private mod someone posted to piss people off?

It would be nice to have it in game.

Request for Post Process Effects Addon.

It must be addon that add Global Settings for the game.

I think it will be great to have ability to change (with sliders) color tint by adjusting RED, GREEN and BLUE channels.

Also slider for noise or film grain amount.

Slider for contrast - global contrast slider, or even separated for highlights, midtones and shadows

Another thing - slider that allow to change default view angle for 1'st person view for soldier, i think it's too wide by default, it need to be just a little bit zoomed in for my opinion, so having such a slider also can be nice feature!

Thanks !

Edited by Boombastic

the only thing with the LRR (Cheytac Intervention) is it can't use bipods and doesn't have a suppressor, but likely that will be fixed when the Marksman DLC drops.

The Cheaytac in the mod "Breaking Point" has already since 1 year an attachable Silencer, sounds great too

Hi this is my first post / reply ever on BI forums - hope I'm doing it right!

My idea is to give any Aliens (1986) fans a chance to make "Aliens Have Reached Earth" missions.

So addons in this mod would include the pulse rifle, motion tracker, APC, dropship etc.

While this is concurrently getting out of hand :p

Put your addon requests in this thread (and hope for the best). Use this thread for:

1. Sharing your addon ideas with modders

- or -

2. Trying to locate a mod or addon

Please don't make new threads for these purposes. :)

If you have pictures of your suggestion, please limit them to 3 max. The rules of content posting and all other rules also apply.

If you have previously posted an addon request (before this thread was opened), you have a one time invitation to report your old post and crosspost your suggestion to this thread. Before long the old addon request posts will be cleaned up, so get them in while you can!

As title stated were looking for a seasoned individual that knows how to utilize ArmA3 Terrain Builder that can bring new vision, creativity and ideas to our development team.

A little about our development team. Our Head Developer is Steaker and we currently are made up of approx 15 individuals that spreads out as Scripters, Modelers, Texture/ Graphic Design , vehicle modelers and map terrain.

Our website is located at www.nerdsrpg.com and looking for someone to join a new upcoming life mod community that is setting the bar high for a life mod.

If interested, please stop by our teamspeak ts3.nerdsrpg.com or PM Lucian Lachance here on BI Forums. Thanks for your interests and look forward to bringing a new life mod that BI Forums can be proud to see and join.

Edited by spcland12

Another life mod? Great! This community needs more of those! :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

Also, this section would probably be more suitable for this, perhaps even the addon-request thread.

Edited by Jackal326

I'm was wondering if anyone could make a stealth chopper mod so recon teams have a better chance of going undetected.

Request for A3 version of the version of Taviana from DayZ Origins, just without all the clutter. I like the additional islands at the top left as well as the added bridges.

• Like 1

Bolbies,

I don't think Martin or DayZ-team is gonna like that.. (since Martin's the original creator of Taviana.)

As far as I know, and can remember from the readme, any reproduction, or re-release other then through Martin's permission given, is strictly prohibited.

But to keep it on-topic: Is anyone working on a standalone T-90 MS "Tagil" tank for A3?

I would like to request a mod that would slow down time when you hold breath. Im BAD at shooting and I need some training wheels for my own use.

Would anyone know where I could find a mod that adds in some kind of suit or shirt and tie into arma 3? I'm desperate to find one so I can have a politician/businessman to protect in my latest mission. If this mod doesn't exist yet then I suppose this could be a request.

Would anyone know where I could find a mod that adds in some kind of suit or shirt and tie into arma 3? I'm desperate to find one so I can have a politician/businessman to protect in my latest mission. If this mod doesn't exist yet then I suppose this could be a request.

This pack has the suit and tie from arma 2, along with a bunch of other civilian clothing and vehicles.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180184-RDS-A2-Civilian-Pack

This pack has the suit and tie from arma 2, along with a bunch of other civilian clothing and vehicles.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180184-RDS-A2-Civilian-Pack

That's great, thank you very much. I think I'll use those. The only problem was that I didn't like how the suit-and-tie model from arma 2 overwrote your head, forcing you to have a specific head rather than something else. As far as I can see that mod does that too. The politician I'm protecting is also black (African map), so it's annoying when the only shirt-and-tie model in arma 3 forces you to have tattooed, white arms:

Arma3_CfgWeapons_U_NikosAgedBody.jpg

Maybe if someone could remove the arms below the elbow somehow so that it's more like the journalist/rangemaster clothes it would be perfect. We could even reskin it a few times so we have a white shirt maybe, grey, different coloured ties, anything.

This ones might be a little big, but I was thinking of an American styled map/island akin to Operation:Road Rage in the BF2 dlc Armored Fury. It would have a sort of Southern United States/Florida kinda feel to it. Trailer Parks, shopping malls, suburbs, etc. The setting has rarely been touched on in game and I'd like to see it in Arma.

Some other ideas I had for it were:

-Large Highway

-Suburbs

-Convenient stores

-trailer parks

-shopping centers

-farms on the outskirts

-small city(maybe a resort city or town)

-small towns ranging from coastal to inland

Maybe for terrain have alot of flat ground with some variations in height and wetlands. Maybe also add a coast with a smallish port town.

Some images to give you more of an idea of what I mean:

http://images.stopgame.ru/screenshots/8103/battlefield_2_armored_fury-2.jpg (159 kB)

736281-932335_20060524_001.jpg

This is just a suggestion of course.

Edited by Originalninjatoaster

This ones might be a little big, but I was thinking of an American styled map/island akin to Operation:Road Rage in the BF2 dlc Armored Fury. It would have a sort of Southern United States/Florida kinda feel to it. Trailer Parks, shopping malls, suburbs, etc. The setting has rarely been touched on in game and I'd like to see it in Arma.

Some other ideas I had for it were:

-Large Highway

-Suburbs

-Convenient stores

-trailer parks

-shopping centers

-farms on the outskirts

-small city(maybe a resort city or town)

-small towns ranging from coastal to inland

Maybe for terrain have alot of flat ground with some variations in height and wetlands. Maybe also add a coast with a smallish port town.

We definitely need a map like this for some nice Urban CQB :D

I remember there was a project reconstructing Manhattan. It was a nice Arma 2 project ported to Arma 3...I hope someone will find this idea interesting enough to develop :)

I'm looking for terrains featuring sites like the Ghost Hotel in Altis in A3. That means a single large enterable building with multiple floors and a medium OR high complexity of its hallways, branching rooms, etc.

1. A heavy lift helicopter which can sling load an AMV-7 Marshall while at the same time carrying all its passengers and crew in its passenger compartment.

2. A towed artillery gun that can be air lifted easily using a Mohawk or a Huron. This addon should potentially provide artillery support in regions of Altis and Stratis where SP guns can't reach.

Hello everyone,

I really want to create an addon, but I have never touched any kind of modelling, texturing or animation software before.

I have been searching around the web and looked for some tutorials to get me started with Arma 3 Tools, but I haven't found anything very useful.

The addon I wanted to create was this:

If anyone could make this it would be pretty awesome!

1. A heavy lift helicopter which can sling load an AMV-7 Marshall while at the same time carrying all its passengers and crew in its passenger compartment.

2. A towed artillery gun that can be air lifted easily using a Mohawk or a Huron. This addon should potentially provide artillery support in regions of Altis and Stratis where SP guns can't reach.

1. Unfortunately, if you're requesting an "authentic" (has a real-life counterpart) helicopter for this then the only option I can think of might be the Mi-26, and even then the capability is dependent on just what the AMV-7's in-game mass is, which is not readily accessible since it's defined in the model's geometry LOD and not in the config.

2. Any artillery gun that's properly configured (has memory points placed in the memory LOD and named in the config for attaching ropes) can be carried by a properly-configured helicopter that has a high enough slingLoadMaxCargoMass value; for the Mohawk or the Ghost Hawk (they have the same slingLoadMaxCargoMass value of 4000 kg) the first light-enough gun that I found was the M777 howitzer, whereas the M198 howitzer could be carried by the Huron (10000 kg) or Taru (12000 kg).