max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Cause BIS' fault,the sidearm counldn't show in the holster.First BIS' should fix this shit then we can do what you talk about.But maybe we can do something to make it even BIS' never fix this,but that must be a long way.Can't see any chance to make it right now.

Another shit of BIS is the weapon switch,always put the primary to the back first then the sidearm,it makes the switch very slow and the action looks very weird(not like a professional soldier i mean).

It's just one of those holdovers from OFP, back when soldiers did such a thing. Nowadays its more efficient (across the chest) but I guess they think it's still in vogue... who knows...

It would be a lot of work to have to model every pistol from every weapon pack and make it appear in every holster from every uniform mod a person is using, but if you want to see that happen, get to work! I know It doesnt bother me personally having a empty holster to do that much work for one minor feature.

I remember I asked this feature some time ago...it would be really amazing to have it, even better if with a proper animation when you unholster the pistol :P

Never felt like the empty holster was an urgent fix, but I agree it would be nice to have that detail too :) About the animation I totally agree it should be faster, and I can't wait the AGM guys to implement unholstering while moving feature too !!

I'm a part of the 51st (Scottish) Brigade and We're wondering if anyone would be interested in putting together a British Infantry pack containing all current equipment used by the British army. If anyone is interested in working with me to create such a pack then please PM me and we can discuss the ideas I have.

It's just one of those holdovers from OFP, back when soldiers did such a thing. Nowadays its more efficient (across the chest) but I guess they think it's still in vogue... who knows...

Could have been worse and been a hold-over from the launch version of OFP, it didn't even have any handguns. They were added later in the Resistance expansion I think ;)

Could have been worse and been a hold-over from the launch version of OFP, it didn't even have any handguns. They were added later in the Resistance expansion I think ;)

Yep Pistols were added then, a worthy addition 13/14 years ago :o

Hello,

I'm kinda starting to look into A3 now, researching mods and so on. As a mission maker and as a player I never had and I will never have interest in touching any of those futuristic units/weapons/vehicles from A3 - I will play only on content provided by mods.

Thus my request:

I'd like to hide all this futuristic stuff from my mission editor - it's cluttering my screen and I will never touch it (it all sucks anyways, lel).

Any possible addon for this?

Bearing in mind a lot of mods inherit from ARMA III content then deleting would quite possible break those mods. There should be a way to hide (not delete) the units in the mission editor though, but you'd probably need to make the mod yourself.

some way to shot from behind a cover would be very very cool (and realistic)

MCC has a nice system for that.

I thought the same thing when i saw the thread title. The OP is acutally asking to hide the stuff from his menus, not delete them from the game.

I'm not a scripter, but I think this would be a lot of work for a small number of players.

To the OP, this may be your chance to jump into the art scripting at the deep end!

Not to get of course, much of the stuff in game is actually around now and used by militaries, its just not the vintage or well known equipment in the game. There are numerous threads showing the real life counterparts of much of the stuff featured in the game.

I've never really thought about this before but you could change all the "scope" config entries that are "2" to "1" (scope = 1) so nothing appears in the editor.

Although this would be a lot of work as you need to go through CfgVehicles and type out a config for all entries you found. Luckily this is an inherited property, so you wouldn't need to do ALL of the entries. (But still enough to keep you busy for a while).

If anyone knows an easier way then would be interested to hear.

Hello,

I'm kinda starting to look into A3 now, researching mods and so on. As a mission maker and as a player I never had and I will never have interest in touching any of those futuristic units/weapons/vehicles from A3 - I will play only on content provided by mods.

Thus my request:

I'd like to hide all this futuristic stuff from my mission editor - it's cluttering my screen and I will never touch it (it all sucks anyways, lel).

Any possible addon for this?

I've never really thought about this before but you could change all the "scope" config entries that are "2" to "1" (scope = 1) so nothing appears in the editor.

Although this would be a lot of work as you need to go through CfgVehicles and type out a config for all entries you found. Luckily this is an inherited property, so you wouldn't need to do ALL of the entries. (But still enough to keep you busy for a while).

If anyone knows an easier way then would be interested to hear.

I'm working on something that would make it possible to automate a large part of that process. I plan to unveil it sometime in the next few weeks so stay tuned :P

So we have the fantastic UAVs that can loiter around in a circle around a specified point on the map. Also ALiVE gives us helicopters that can circle above and fire on enemies.

But what I really miss in Arma is to have a AC130 circling above doing exactly that. Does such a thing exist?

So we have the fantastic UAVs that can loiter around in a circle around a specified point on the map. Also ALiVE gives us helicopters that can circle above and fire on enemies.

But what I really miss in Arma is to have a AC130 circling above doing exactly that. Does such a thing exist?

One could be scripted, however the last I heard a "proper" AC130 wouldn't be possible due to turrets not being available on 'plane' class vehicles.

In my opinion lacking of Chechen rebels. I mean no re-textured Arma3-super-duper-futuristic-uniforms. Simple russian stuff based on RHS' cut clothes or Arma3 "officer's uniform" cut clothes. Something like that.

CzeczenJP_wresqqh.jpg

Edited by vintorez

Can somebody please create standalone RACS and SLA (from ArmA 1) armies, completely with its vehicles?

I know there's BiggerDave's HSO-SLA pack, but as of yet, for now that one doesn't have vehicles. Thank you kindly. :)

I'd like an addon/mod that removes all standard crosshairs from vehicles. Such a thing exists?

I'd like an addon/mod that removes all standard crosshairs from vehicles. Such a thing exists?

Turn crosshairs off in your difficulty settings, don't need an addon for that...