max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Can someone create a mod that lets you carry second primary weapon instead of an AT launcher. So for example, have a MX as my primary, a M320 as a second primary in the AT launcher slot, an a PD7 pistol.

Not that ive seen. Would be a great addition. I use fire logics for smoke stacks, but no joy on a power grid yet

We have sling system that works most time, maybe someone would work about rappeling from buildings/helicopters? Or maybe throwable hooks with rope that would be climbable, or skyhook? But most of all - Special Purpose Insertion Extraction (SPIE).http://www.abload.de/img/8753449uj02.jpg (315 kB)

Hey all, have a unique request/s, being that I am one who likes playing other arma game modes like dayz etc... Having a addon that has motorcycles, axes, crossbows, knifes, baseball bats with nails, etc.. more melee weapons would really enhance Arma outside of the tactical side, for more of an apocalyptic future set in the wastelands of Altis.

Think Mad max.

All things that have to do (and one can imagine to be) with borders, and border-control.

And please, in Takistani, Ardistanese, Chernarussian, Russian, and South Zagorian, and Altian-Stratis Republic versions please. :) Thanks a lot! :D

i will make the clothing1_co and i need someone to pack it for me or provide a proper tutorial because i got a headache after looking at those mid-level modding tuts...

cheers

pm for the file, still working on it a bit more

Auto zoom when right clicking for optics like Kju's option for A2, I don't mind the zoom, it's the act of doing it that breaks immersionz for me.

I would like to request a mod that makes AFV aware of laser designator targets. Right now it is impossible for a tank to "see" the dot as a target. This could allow for a use of UAV as spotter and allow player spotter to lase the targets that AI can be not aware of.

A global mod in C&C Tiberium universe, with an island full of tiberium fields and other stuff.

I'm requesting Mi-28N Havoc. Detailed model like in these screenshots.

NOTE: Those screenshots are not taken by me, and developer of Mi-28N Havoc was showing his progress, but addon is discontinued for unknown reason.

I'm not sure about first screenshot, I cant find this mod, it was made for Arma 2 but never relased.

http://i.imgur.com/RVcOo5B.jpg (322 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/Mo0yOgb.jpg (144 kB)

Edited by pcuic05
Adding

So I was playing Arma 3 the other day as one does, and I noticed something interesting.

One of the things that kind of bug me in Arma 3 currently is that fact that the FLIR simulation is a bit... lacking. I mean, at times its almost impossible to distinguish trees, from buildings and grass from bushes. The Arma 3 FLIR is very bland and hardly has any contrast. This is not only annoying but also unrealistic.

What I noticed however is that sometimes when you open the FLIR view in a tank, or a UAV or a jet, the contrast seems to be turned up and everything is a lot more clearly visible, but then after a second of so, it fades back to what it is most of the time. So I was wondering, could someone make a mod that applies improvements to the FLIR simulation, such as turning up the contrast and perhaps a few other things. They don't have to be major overhauls just make everything a bit more visible. Because as it stands, everything seems to be a diffrent shad of grey, whilst I've seen some real FLIR and the diffrences between surfaces is much more distinguishable.

Example:

Perhaps the best thing to have would be dynamic FLIR that automatically changes contrast and brightness based on what you are looking at. Or perhaps with an integrated slider so the players can ditermine themselves what they want to see.

I hope someone will pick this up.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

@CyclonicTuna What date do you have your missions on normally? If you set it to winter time then you'll have a hard time seeing objects through FLIR similar to real life I believe.

@CyclonicTuna What date do you have your missions on normally? If you set it to winter time then you'll have a hard time seeing objects through FLIR similar to real life I believe.

Should it matter? FLIR is used in wintertime aswell. I mean, that doesn't really make much sense to me :p. But no, it doesn't make any diffrence in Arma.

I'm not too sure tbh but I do think that during winter time the FLIR is washed out making it difficult to see. I'm not too sure if it's like that in real life but I'm sure that's what happens in A3

Probably requested a million times already but... we really really need accurate Ukrainian troops for a Ukraine Conflict mod!!!

I'm not too sure tbh but I do think that during winter time the FLIR is washed out making it difficult to see. I'm not too sure if it's like that in real life but I'm sure that's what happens in A3

What time of year it is doesn't influence it sensitivity, it can pick up diffrent heat signatures of any source at any temperature as long as the diffrence between those sources stays relative.

Heya, I was wondering if there are any retextures of the Rahim 7.62 rifle? Prererably in a darker colour.

Currently compiling my own russian weapon pack (for personal usage), and Rahim (Izhmash VS-121) is a pefect designated marksman rifle for that. Minus the CSAT camouflage. :)

So there exists this mod, which adds the mountainbike from ArmA2 to ArmA3. It also takes the animation from ArmA2, which means that the hands are stiff and not on the handlebars when rotating.

Is there any way to change this, e.g. with a combined animation - the moving legs from the ArmA2 bike animation and the hands sticking to the handlebars like the quadbikes in ArmA3? This would make the bike, perfect, imo. Right now it's just so... jarring to watch.

/Edit: Nevermind. I am so good, I figured it out on my own. Praise the sun. :cool:

Edited by Lexx

Hi all. Saw the sticky, so I thought I'd check here first.

I'm looking for an AI mod that will help keep AI squadmates from getting stuck in every two story building they walk past. I saw a few combat ai mods, and their feature lists are pretty cool sounding, but I'm not sure if they'll help with what I'm after.

I was looking at ASR AI 3, bCombat Infantry AI Mod, and AISS2. Unfortunately, I'm pretty new to Arma and modding it, and I've done NOTHING with AI, but I do have the CBA already.

Do you folks have any suggestions for which I should pick, if any? Or is it just a bug that I'll have to get used to? It makes doing any sort of urban operation absolutely impossible, and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance!

Hello lockeandkey, what commands are you using where your AI get stuck in buildings?

I'm not sure myself about what Ai mods may "prevent" the situation from occurring but Ai pathfinding has been a tricky subject since the start of the series.

As for AI mods you named probably the top ones, I cant say for sure they will help you, but what i can suggest is to ask on their threads and see

if any of the members who use the mods, or even the author themselves can help you clear up your problem.

AISS2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165908-Artificial-intelligence-Support-System!-Released

Asr-ai-3

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173515-Asr-ai-3

bCombat

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171436-OPEN-BETA-SP-bCombat-infantry-AI-Mod

Gunter,

I don't use any commands. If I come to a stop near or next to a two story building, usually one with an open front, one of my guys will wander inside, up the stairs, and suddenly be at a loss for how to get out.

No instructions, no commands, just being in the general vicinity. Half the time I don't notice until he's calling for my location.

Hrimfaxi, or the Scinfaxi class submarines. These are Submergible Aircraft Carriers capable of launching aircraft when surfaced, and missiles including nuclear when submerged.

Could someone make a simple script to use the Head bobbing param in the third person??

I would like to request a mod that adds an action to every Ai group member to open Virtual Arsenal for that Ai unit.