max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I guess that may be changed in the future Marksman DLC.

really, really doubt that, at least from what i know about this engine and its PiP/RTT implementation.

aww come on, even a "game" like Red Orchestra can simulate realistic sniper scope PoV without any problem at all! Arma is a freaking war simulator! it's supposed to emphasize realism!

please dear BI developers, do something about this! give us realistic scope PoV!!!

and for God sake, give us some freaking Bipod!!! even a "game" like BF can provide us some freaking bipod!

still don't know why the hell BI wasted times on some f**king stupid dlc's like Zeus & Karts dlc instead of enhancing the realism >_<

Marksmen dlc better be good! but i think it'll be useless coz we already got some awesome marksmen mod like Advanced Ballistics

so BI, i'm only asking you this:

Wrong thread then. This is an addon request thread, not a wishlist / bi rant thread.

I hope you are aware that the video you posted is processed and edited to provide that scope look, yes?

I asked for this long time ago in A2 request thread and I will ask again, becase now there may be poeple who will be able to do it now.

We have animals in the game, so it looks realistic, but we are still missing one, not so important, but immersive thing.

It's children. I was missing it since first Arma, and I'm missing also in open world games. Having animals, pets and children is a thing, that misses a lot of games. And in A3, due to uniforms and stuff, it is even more challenging then before and I remember that few guys said good reasons, why it's hard to do, but what if?

Is here someone, who actually thinks about it or shares the same opinion with me? As I'm aware, VBS has it, and we need it as well :)

TupacShakur = vekongmaster.

Duplicate accounts = bye bye.

I had a new idea to get around the limitations of the Virtual Arsenal

It would be great if we had a button or something that just said "Copy gear/loadout to clipboard," which has basically the same functionality as the Export button in Virtual Arsenal. Since VA doesn't allow you to remove all the items from your carrier/backpack/shirt, this mod or script would make it so you can go to the editor with the Virtual Arsenal Anywhere mod, create your unit, then place a few boxes, pick up the remaining items and fully gear up, then hit the "copy gear to clipboard" button.

It would be even better if you could do it with crates and vehicles too. For example, I put a bunch of stuff in a vehicle for a mission, then I go up to the vehicle and scroll to the menu item "Copy vehicle cargo to clipboard" and then I can just paste it to the vehicle's init. No more manual loadout editing, everything is done in the game.

Technical gun trucks, like the Toyota Hilux and Datsun ported from arma 2, and some civvie variants that can transport like 6 guys in the bed (Like the standard A3 offroad) would be awesome and much needed in the arma3verse.

Is there a mod that disables player fatigue? Perhaps something like .kju's reduce fatigue for A2 but to disable it?

I asked for this long time ago in A2 request thread and I will ask again, becase now there may be poeple who will be able to do it now.

We have animals in the game, so it looks realistic, but we are still missing one, not so important, but immersive thing.

It's children. I was missing it since first Arma, and I'm missing also in open world games. Having animals, pets and children is a thing, that misses a lot of games. And in A3, due to uniforms and stuff, it is even more challenging then before and I remember that few guys said good reasons, why it's hard to do, but what if?

Is here someone, who actually thinks about it or shares the same opinion with me? As I'm aware, VBS has it, and we need it as well :)

Children in video games has always been a very touchy subject. Especially games that are focused are using firearms. Why do you think there was never any children in Grand Theft Auto games? Because publishers are afraid of the consequences of users abusing these children (yes abusing virtual children is silly) and causing a media shit storm. I would like to think that the Arma community would be mature enough to handle children in a responsible manner (although after the integration of the DayZ kiddies I'm not too sure :P) but that doesn't mean it will happen. I think I remember BI saying that children would never be included in the arma series for this reason. A mod might not be that difficult to do if the children were only used for scenery instead of being controlled (less animations for custom skeletons) but the time it would take to make it doesn't seem worth it in the end to me.

While I am already posting here I might as well throw out an idea I had and maybe get the community's opinion on it. Anyone see the alien movie, "Independence Day" with Will Smith? You better have because it was a cool ass movie! But a simple add on idea I had was the alien attacker fighter from the movie. It had some very interesting dogfights with the human aircraft that I think would be very cool to see in Arma! I am already in contact with a 3d artist who made a very detailed and already textured model (for use in cryengine I believe) that I may be able to use. If anyone likes the idea, let me know.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130519155002/id4/images/9/92/5468037_1_l.jpg

Edited by spacenavy90

Would be awesome if someone could port Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA addon from arma 2 to A3 or make a new model, its an awesome plane, G5 stealth fighter if im not mistaken, would love to see it ingame.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

http://www.migflug.com/jetflights/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Sukhoi_T_50_PAK_FA_by_nellenmellen.jpg (186 kB)

Would be awesome if someone could port Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA addon from arma 2 to A3 or make a new model, its an awesome plane, G5 stealth fighter if im not mistaken, would love to see it ingame.

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

http://www.migflug.com/jetflights/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Sukhoi_T_50_PAK_FA_by_nellenmellen.jpg (186 kB)

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&s=158&q=28244&quote=165645&n=last#np

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25930

Google is your friend.

Would someone be kind enough to make a static line parachute mod for Arma 3. It is a very good way of deploying troops to the battlefield but Arma 3 is missing it, so could someone please make a mod for it.

Rocky there was one made by the Canada Armed Forces guys, but their mod is dead so IDK if its seperate or if you can still use it etc.

I've been noticing a lot of screenshots featuring black face coverings. Not a shemag, not a full balaclava, if you know what i'm talking about.

I'd be interested in finding the addon that provides this. Unless of course it's something provided stock with A3, although I haven't found anything to indicate as such.

Can anyone provide some insight?

I've been noticing a lot of screenshots featuring black face coverings. Not a shemag, not a full balaclava, if you know what i'm talking about.

I'd be interested in finding the addon that provides this. Unless of course it's something provided stock with A3, although I haven't found anything to indicate as such.

Can anyone provide some insight?

BIS did add some hoods a few months back for the googles slot. As well as this there's the HiddenIdentity pack. I'm in a bit of a hurry so I can't link it sorry

yeah, i saw it few days back, but still tnx tho :D cant wait to see that beautifull bird ingame :D

an idea for much needed milita technicals used by rebels,terrorists and other armed groups

im sure lots of you have seen the type of vehicles used by Islamist and other type of rebel forces now fighting in places like iraq , yemen and libya.

being a former libyan rebel myself i figured arma 3 modders should make such vehicles used by these rebels to give an authentic feel to fighting rebel

forces in arma 3.

see the problem with arma 3 is that it provides only one lame technical (the vehicle of choice for these groups) the kind these rebels use (from personal experiance)

are much heavier in caliber ... for example they use a Toyota land cruiser pickup with a twin barrel KPV 14.5mm AA gun ... quite popular these days lol

then there is the same toyota but sporting a twin barrel zsu-23 , occasionally you see a toyota hilux or a mitsubishi pick up armed with a single barreled 14.5mm KPV aa gun.

beyond AA guns (faced down towards ground targets) there are also various pick up trucks (preferably a Toyota land cruiser...what can i say they can take a beating) armed with an M40 recoiless gun .. used mostly for anti armour and for troops

hiding inside buildings. beyond all that there are actual army vehicles like the BM21 Grad truck and T55s and all that stuff but they arnt used as much as technicals... their high speed along with the weapons

mounted on them provided ..atleast in libya ..with a fast , effective , quickly replaceable weapon that packs a bunch when used in combined tactics.

so my point is i really wish to see such a mod come together...ive noticed a few ISIS mods out there but they relate to infantry only...u need the vehicles i mentioned to make there rebel

groups come full circle

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone out there currently making a SWCC mod such as the Mark V, SOC-R, or RHIB? It would be a great addition to go with how Arma 3 has really improved on the water warfare. If there isn't, I would love to see someone take on this project and really expand on the sea-borne platforms that Arma 3 is currently lacking. Thanks! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigid-hulled_inflatable_boat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Operations_Craft_%E2%80%93_Riverine_(SOC-R)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Special_Operations_Craft

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there was anyone out there currently making a SWCC mod such as the Mark V, SOC-R, or RHIB? It would be a great addition to go with how Arma 3 has really improved on the water warfare. If there isn't, I would love to see someone take on this project and really expand on the sea-borne platforms that Arma 3 is currently lacking. Thanks! :cool:
Mark V: There's one in the works, although media (i.e. WIP reports and screenshots) tend to be posted on Skype instead of on the forums, at least until a hopefully-public release.

RHIB: Depends on your definition of a RHIB, considering the variety at the Wikipedia link, but the Arma 2 source data release included both of that game's USMC faction "RHIB" variants.

SOC-R: Done up for Arma 2 already by hcpookie.

Mark V: There's one in the works, although media (i.e. WIP reports and screenshots) tend to be posted on Skype instead of on the forums, at least until a hopefully-public release.

RHIB: Depends on your definition of a RHIB, considering the variety at the Wikipedia link, but the Arma 2 source data release included both of that game's USMC faction "RHIB" variants.

SOC-R: Done up for Arma 2 already by hcpookie.

Where are the WIP screens for the Mark V? And yes I realize the other two were made for Arma 2, but I was saying we need these in Arma 3! ;)

I want to implement a heating system to all the vanilla weapons.

In real life, if you fire through more than 4-6 magazines straight, the barrel heats up and problems like jams, feeding and inconsitency generate. This is what I want to implement into ArmA 3 as a lite/small addon.

In addition it would be great to add in smoke effects which add up if you keep firering (and maybe some glowing red barrels?).

Sorry for any misspelling, English is not my mothertongue :\

The only problem is that I need help creating and implementing my first idea of an addon into ArmA 3.

I have some experience with Java and general programming Syntax (Java, C, C++).

I'm pretty new to it too but found it useful to begin by familiarising myself with syntax and commands at the BIKI. Beyond that, just google for general scripting tutorials or those that focus on your area of interest - and remember there is a lot to learn from the accumulative experience of these forums. You can also learn a lot by trying to understand how existing addons have achieved similar things. For example, AGM has weapon overheating and jamming modules that you could possibly learn or take ideas from, and the code is freely available.

Is there a static line parachute mod?

We need it for our new unit.

thanks in advance :)

-timmyrules

Is there a static line parachute mod?

We need it for our new unit.

thanks in advance :)

-timmyrules

A few posts earlier:

Would someone be kind enough to make a static line parachute mod for Arma 3. It is a very good way of deploying troops to the battlefield but Arma 3 is missing it, so could someone please make a mod for it.
Rocky there was one made by the Canada Armed Forces guys, but their mod is dead so IDK if its seperate or if you can still use it etc.

I'm not aware of any other myself.