max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Perhaps a weapon pack focused on Delta and DEVGRU HK416s, maybe in different camo patterns, with ASDG Jount Rails config ?

look at massis weapons pack

I would love to see a less-lethal weapons or ammunition mod, i.e. beanbag or baton rounds or even something like the Taser XREP shell that only down a unit when hit, and maybe even do a small amount of damage so poor application of less-lethal force can still be fatal. I think this could lead to a number of interesting riot-control or other scenarios!

@bigringantics

Sounds like a good idea, it would go perfectly with the greece setting (lol :D)

Some like intense greek street riot police dudes with some nice modular armor vs some like somalian immigrant guys with homemade flamethrowers, molotovs and shivs, with the occasional chinese mac-10 copy in between (swat 4 reference)

I know this is quite a request, but I and I'm sure others would also enjoy a MK17/Mk17 EGLM SCAR addon with hand and magazine tracking for reload animations a la Robert Hammer's M4/M16 pack. The SCAR addons I've come across on Armaholic have some fantastic modeling and textures but it takes me completely out of the game when my unit loads an invisible magazine and one just appears after the animations is finished. Again, I know this is a big request, but a man can dream right?

Hey people,

I am a modder, Some people may know me from my M1A1 Port for A3.

Now I'v been trying to contact various authors of certain vehicles from A2. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a author of either a Eurocopter Tiger or a CH-53 Pavelow / Super Stallion that would consider letting me port a Unbinarized version to A3. The reason I say unbinarized is that things like PhysX can only be obtained via that version. If anyone can help me please PM me here or add me on steam. :)

Cheers,

-Raid

Hello everyone, I would love to see new vehicles for the FIA ​​for example, home-made armored vans or trucks with metal plates welded grids and homemade weapons.

Another example can be the vehicles used by smugglers ..

I hope some talented can draw inspiration because it would be really great! Thank you.

Some example

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-klFAQNAVfsU/TexLCIUwIKI/AAAAAAAABbw/qM8MygGxwi0/s1600/lmcmsc-lmcmj9batmobile3.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01769/armoured-vehicle_1769971i.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef015432892b56970c-pi

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/uploads/images/article-images/MOUS14.jpeg

Falling Skies is an awesome TV series about alien invaders, pretty interesting. Just wondering is any modder wants to take this as a consideration for their next project.

thanks for giving me the chance for asking such as an unusual project such as this one.

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask for a Dismemberment mod, no fountains and squirting blood but something along the lines of Red Orchestra 2's dismemberment.

Thanks

I would like to have a crossbow. I don't care if people think it is unrealistic, I want one. No one can say that ArmA 3 is only about realism when we allow requests like this:

Falling Skies is an awesome TV series about alien invaders, pretty interesting. Just wondering is any modder wants to take this as a consideration for their next project.

thanks for giving me the chance for asking such as an unusual project such as this one.

Nothing against his request, but if people are allowed to request aliens, then no one can shoot me down because I want a crossbow for it being "unrealistic".

And let's not forget my previous post a few pages back wanting different variants of the hunter. Not trying to push myself above the others, but with the way that this is set up, even if you have a good idea, it will get buried with other people's posts. A good way to get this to work, in my ever so humble opinion, would be to have an administrator/moderator/someone who can get shit done, put all of the requests for one week in a list. Post the list on another thread for people to vote on the one(s) that they want to see in ArmA 3. Then, the results could be posted on another thread for mod makers to see what the community wants instead of trying to swim through this thread.

I am not saying this to be a troll. I feel that the system is broken. We need a new solution.

Edited by jcinto23

And let's not forget my previous post a few pages back wanting different variants of the hunter. Not trying to push myself above the others, but with the way that this is set up, even if you have a good idea, it will get buried with other people's posts. A good way to get this to work, in my ever so humble opinion, would be to have an administrator/moderator/someone who can get shit done, put all of the requests for one week in a list. Post the list on another thread for people to vote on the one(s) that they want to see in ArmA 3. Then, the results could be posted on another thread for mod makers to see what the community wants instead of trying to swim through this thread.

I am not saying this to be a troll. I feel that the system is broken. We need a new solution.

I have to say I agree, this system has worked so far but there could be better ways. Maybe an upvote/downvote system for submissions with the lowest X percent dropped after a set period of time?

Hi!

Intro: My first post and I will make the best of it - this is a request to someone who has put in the time and effort to set up and learn to work with the BI tools in order to create new islands for Arma 3.

Description: I would very much like to see a island (and I think that such a island would provide a lot of SP/MP scenario or even game mode ideas) which would depict the border of two (or more !) neighbouring countries. Not unlike Sahrani, but more along the lines of the following:

• Long border line going from one side of the map to the other (Sahrani had a short border) - a good example is the FDF mod for Operation Flashpoint
  • Make one country to be modern and advanced, but the other to be poor and envious (classic EAST vs WEST type of setting like the two Germanys were, but fictional)
  • Climate - moderate woodlands
  • Some easter-eggish secret labs/power stations on the EAST dictatorship side or something like that.

Thoughts on the border configuration: it could be the classic 1v1 or maybe something more like "WEST > EAST > EVEN MORE EAST" where EVEN MORE EAST would be a large country, but only a small portion would be part of this map indicating a overwhelming power on the side of the "EAST" country.

Scenario ideas:

• EAST-backed insurgency in WEST
  • Sudden attack from WEST on EAST to liberate them because of *insert reason here*
  • Secret over-border actions which escalate
  • WEST backed isurgency in EAST
  • EVEN MORE EAST occupation of both EAST and WEST
  • Dispute over a certain region which is on the border or is split by the border like the Kashmir

Afterthought: Is this awesome or what?

Keywords: island, terrain, idea, scenario, politics, map

Edited by Blackcomb
keywords

@Blackcomb

Have you played Isla Duala for arma 2? The map by IceBreakr, (I think, I hope.. right lol)

It is split into two countries, this whole very border type thing going on, if I remember correctly.

Yeah.

It is a east vs west backed african scenario type thing, the mapper said he was going to port it to arma 3, with a whole bunch of new buildings and all this fancy stuff, I would not expect a ArmA 3 release anytime soon, and for all I know it isnt even being worked on.

Check it out though.

I'd like to see the PMC SUV's from A2 available for A3..great vehicle for PMC Clans.

I did search but came up empty so I don't know if these are already available or not.

Hello, I'm currently working on a targeting pod for aircrafts and I'm wondering if someone could make an IR pointer that can be "attached" to a mounted weapon on a vehicle, for example the turret of an APC.

Hi everyone, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to make an addon that replaces the Little Bird's sounds with the sounds it had in the alpha? I personally think that it sounded a lot better then, especially the start up sounds. All I guess it would take is someone having access to the alpha's old files and selecting the relevant .pbo's and putting them together as an addon.

Thanks in advance!

Try JSRS and you won't miss it anymore. The littlebird sounds 100% awesome with JSRS.

Persistent World RTS Mod:

Idea:

Make ArmA 3 into a persistent MP RTS.

Core features:

Start off with NATO and CSAT factions both invading Altis, itself being defended by the AAF (Non-Player-controlled)

Straightforward RTS using the Zeus mechanics. NO option for players to play the game in first person or control a unit directly, so that AI cannot be exploited.

Ressources should be extremely low in the beginning.

Units should be able to build simple structures.

First Landing Zones have to be predetermined in order to prevent lame starts and to build up a true front.

Every player has to do this, even if he joins a match that already runs.

Every player has only the control over his units.

New units can only be called in to a location close to a unit belonging to that player.

If a player leaves, his units stay in the game and can be killed, but can not be controlled by others. Encourages FOB's, checkpoints etc.

If a player loses all his units, he has to start over.

Persistent game: The server has to make regular backups of the game in case of crash.

Max allowed amount of player TBD. I reckon something of 8 per team, maybe more, maybe less? Depends a lot on performance.

Units have to be expensive in order for players not to clutter up the entire map with units (performance).

Advanced equipment like APC, tanks, or even helicopters for that matter must be even more expensive and extremely hard to come by.

Focus should be infantry heavy, NEVER evolving into mass tank/helicopter battles. These should remain special.

Resource management done like in Classic Warfare. Every town creates a certain income for every player on its' side.

Additionally, every unit has a worth in money that the player gets when it manages to kill it.

Every player should have a "population limit", which can be raised in several levels by expensively paying for it or by other means, like a certain amount of kills or similar.

This is to provide larger armies only to players who prove themselves capable and responsible. Don't want noobs to call in 5000 infantry all over the place.

All Units will not be "built" in barracks as in classic RTS, but will be flown into and dropped at player designated LZ's. LZ's have to be close to a UNIT OF THE PLAYER calling in reinforcements (NOT ITS FACTION) Including tanks. Air units will obviously fly in themselves.

Infantry can only be called in squad-wise.

Not one type of infantry squad, but several:

Light infantry: Lightly armed, able to build the small sandbag fortifications (Round and straight), able to be called in as Paras (?)

Heavy Infantry: Well armed including AA launchers, but cannot build fortifications.

Pioneers: Can lay mines, sweep mines, and build large sandbag bunkers, tank traps, barbed wire. Also has explosives to blow up stuff.

A custom UI has to be made to incorporate new functions, like abilities for the soldiers: Throw Frag, Throw Smoke, Build Fortifications, Repair, Provide first aid or drag/drop wounded soldier to safety, suppressive fire etc...

Secondary priority, but Standard Zeus UI could be improved and adjusted to this game modes needs. You will not need placement, but you will need stuff like formations, awareness etc. (Already in but complicated, not a priority though) maybe accessible more easily, more intuitively.

What do you guys think?

This came to my mind immediately when I saw Zeus, and I want to see this implemented really hard so finally I wrote it up =)

Regards

Should be looking upon classic RTS to make easy access and provide pre-scripted orders like "patrol".

A Light Infantry Vehicle (LIV-SO) would be nice

026g.jpg

AGF Serval of the German Tier-1 Unit Kommando Spezialkräfte (KSK)

Edited by DSK-Red

Are there any mods out there that fix the poor weapon handling skills of the units in arma 3?

For example your weapon not returning to the point of aim when fired?

Also offtopic but has ballistics been fixed yet?

A mod modifying the blood pool texture / blood pool opacity would be nice. Shouldn't be hard to do for an experienced modder ( i failed so far ).

See picture for reference.

I think that even a small change like that can make a drastic difference.

Are there any mods out there that fix the poor weapon handling skills of the units in arma 3?

For example your weapon not returning to the point of aim when fired?

Also offtopic but has ballistics been fixed yet?

TMR does a pretty good job with the recoil. Best part is that it's modular so you can take out everything else if you wanted to.

Hi! Need someone to make a Hind or for that matter ,any type helicopter , new "Clip-On Gun Pod". There was someone making one for the Hind 300+ days ago, but it never became òperational`so to speak.

I want one ,like Armscore Aluette or A-109. Would like to hear Jasrs 2.0 sound from Minigun and see more bite to the Dirt FX upon ground hits. Hi! Need someone to make a Hind or for that matter ,any type helicopter , new "Clip-On Gun Pod". There was someone making one for the Hind 300+ days ago, but it never became òperational`so to speak.

I want one ,like Armscore Aluette or A-109. Would like to hear Jasrs 2.0 sound from Minigun and see more bite to the Dirt FX upon ground hits. Some mini gun turret controlled by the Co-pilot in the T6 A Texan II would be nice.

While Im at it ;I would also like to request a modell of the Mirage III known as the Kfir seen here;https://www.facebook.com/721620514525143/photos/a.721627351191126.1073741828.721620514525143/775031879184006/?type=1&theater

Someone,what if we could add randomized Sam troopers to make it a challange to fly in MP with Littlebirds?

I also would like to get a Module that can add the abillity to Spawn any aircraft or move oneself to the airport to provide aircover or a much simplyfied way to add any downloaded aircraft directly into the MP game.

tnx John

Edited by Teddybear1