max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Looking to see if anyone is working on either an MC-27J or AC-235 Gunship? It would be nice and apparently both of these aircraft are able to support small SOF teams in different ways including transport and gun support.

Edited by reschke

A sound addon for artillery and mortar shells passing overhead and incoming. Band of brothers movie has a good example of what it sounds like, I tried looking on youtube but cant find anything relevant. :/

Some infantry based suggestions:

FLIR and NV devices that you mount in front of your primary sight (extra attachment slot? Or in place of the laser/flash light)

Changeable fore grips. I know this isn't battlefield or call of duty, so therefore we won't attach esoteric advantages to them that have no basis in real life, just a slight advantage in unsighted accuracy and recoil control (or something). Also, functional bipods and grip-pods.

Flash light and laser pointer on pistols.

More kinds of ammunition: armor piercing light machine gun ammunition, subsonic rifle/SMG/pistol ammunition, HEAPI sniper rifle/HMG ammunition, HEDP 40mm grenades (both UBGL and GMG).

More AT weapons: NATO unguided launcher (like a SMAW II or a slightly modernized Carl Gustav, or a Pzf-3), single shot disposable launcher (M136 AT4, RPG-26), OPFOR specific guided launchers (Israeli Spike or Japanese type 01 LMAT).

Snipers: Scrap the M320. Add: BT APR338 (NATO), Modernized M107 (NATO), JNG-90 in .338 or something comparable (CSAT), 7.62 bolt action rifle (AAF). Medium magnification sight, in between the DMS and SOS/LRPS. Give each faction an anti-personnel sniper loadout with a suppressed bolt action rifle, or an anti-materiel loadout with either an M107 or a GM6.

And now that I've linked to this guy's work anyway, there's more on here that I will certainly not be mad about if it makes an appearance (or something inspired by it).

Loading and unloading magazines: If you don't toss them, you can reload your 6.5mm stanag magazines with 6.5mm ammunition looted from deceased CSAT soldiers, after you remove it from their magazines). Individual bullets (which you can load into your weapon) appear in the inventory and take up 1 space each (as they're not nicely stacked). Alternatively, you can load them into clips, which hold 15 or something, and take up half a magazine's worth of space, but you can't load them into your rifle. This would apply to 7.62 cased and .45 ammunition as well.

For AAF: 5.56 machine gun. Having all 5.56 weapons and then suddenly a caseless 6.5mm machine gun is logistically not very smart. Give the Mk200 to a NATO dedicated machine gunner. And for that matter, a CSAT 6.5mm machine gun for the ordinary auto rifleman.

Flash-bang grenades, stun grenades, stinger grenades.

Shotguns (KSG for NATO, UTS-15 for CSAT), with buckshot, slug, less lethal and breaching shells.

Now we're mentioning less lethal: plasticuffs?

Jamming weapons. simple jams that are cleaned by a reload, and more severe ones that require a special tool and a while to remove. Continuous firing increases the likelihood of jams.

Different models for different vests. A lot of the NATO and CSAT vests have the same model even though they have different armour ratings, weights and capacities.

IR strobes for on soldiers.

Edited by Skariaxil

Some infantry based suggestions:

FLIR and NV devices that you mount in front of your primary sight (extra attachment slot? Or in place of the laser/flash light)

Not possible - engine restriction

Changeable fore grips. I know this isn't battlefield or call of duty, so therefore we won't attach esoteric advantages to them that have no basis in real life, just a slight advantage in unsighted accuracy and recoil control (or something). Also, functional bipods and grip-pods.

there isn't a 4th attachment slot - engine restriction

Hey all,

I'm requesting a new soldier skin, but not a soldier that you might know.

I'm gonna ask for a godfather like suit/skin/unit that is able to use weapons and backpacks (backpacks shouldn't be shown when wearing the suit.

example:

victoryfinal3-1.jpg

It would be so awesome if anybody could work on stuff like that ='(

Hello community!

(Mods, Admins - Please read whole post before deleting/removing/moving thread!)

I am wondering if a modeler/scriptwriter would be able to create a tornado siren within ArmA 3 that is realistic enough to have the following;

-Model for siren, and post.

-Motor for the siren, making it rotate to alert players.

-If possible, different alert tones (Alert, Raid, etc.) depending on source of audio.

-Siren is played dynamically through say3d on top of siren, in the direction the siren is facing so the sound is only played loudest to that direction.

-Player may go to a control box on the siren to activate it, or automatically when weather is severe enough.

-Siren model and scripts are deployed at the start of map load (or when editor is launched to preview mode) at the nearest player location.

I wish to release this with another mod that I have had in development called "RealWeather", but I am going to change it to "RealThunder" as only the thunder sounds have been changed, to further increase the realism.

I am hoping to go for the authentic look of the federal signal siren used in this video, and maybe even expand to other models if someone is able to do it!

(all credit to original video author)

I made a separate thread for this, as I already have a scripting dev who has been confronted with this information (so consider this a concept).

I am looking for scriptwriters and modelers to handle this, I can handle the audio sources and files.

Here is a tech demo I have of the siren in ArmA 3 (used triggers on an object):

Thank You!

-Shadow

:yay:

p,s,

Admins or Moderators, please contact me if there is a rule violation, as I am aware that creating a request thread is frowned upon, so I can handle it.

It would be fun to have a football(soccer)hooligan mod in the game. I mean what we need is riot police and some crazy hooligans throwing stones, bottles, molotovs etc against the cops.

I hope someone would be interested to work with something similar.

someone needs to make a "Real life warzone" set of maps with a few places and the war they were known for being in

-Omaha Beach: WWII (one of the many beaches)

-Iwo Jima: WWII

-Fallujah: Iraq War

-Anywhere in Vietnam:Vietnam War

-Anywhere in Korea: Korean War

-Africa based: (the whole Joseph Koney stuff + jungles are good for Spec OPS missions)

-Chechen based: Cechen war

But yea location diversity

What I would like to see in Arma3 is a "gameplay realistic" EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) module.

The problem: Right now, the community tries to tackle the IED problem by developing overly complex scripts to simulate IEDs and Explosives Handling.

Proposed features:

1- New bombs/explosives models using the existing AP Mines code: Instead of developing complicated coding to trigger explosions, why not just utilizing the current Arma3 mines but with new objects like plastic jugs, partially/fully burried artillery/mortar ammunition, a pile of rubbish, debris...? Its an easy and elegant solution and most of these objects are already in the game!

2- The Mine (metal) Detector: Why not "gameplay realistic" simulating this tool? I mean, right now one only needs to carry it in his backpack and it works like a charm detecting all the artifacts in a 50m radius. This mod could a) reduce is effective radius to "gameplay realistic" values and could even go further by b) requiring the operator to activate the tool, thus limiting the character´s movement speed or requiring this tool to be activated by being manned in a weapon slot.

Metal_Detector.jpg

3- The disarming: Disarming IEDs in Arma3 is clearly underrated. In real life, an EOD operator would only attempt to disarm an IED, putting his life on the line, if its really needed. There are far easier and safer methods of E.O. disposal like for example blowing it up with explosive charges, which is the most used technique. If disarming is attempted and sucessfully carried out, then a new object is created, the "pressure plate" (the trigger device), which could be used in modules like @ALiVE or Takistan Insurgency as an Intel Object, hinting the general/precise location of the "Bomb Maker".

PRESSURE_PLATE_SWITCH_-_BALL_BEARINGS_i2_ezr.JPG

4- The EOD robot: Its a small unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) that could be carried either as a backpack or in a vehicle´s cargo. This UGV has the capability to inspect bombs/mines (mine detection) and carry explosive charges to be dropped near it. These UGVs could be activated and controlled either by the non-turreted Hunter back passanger´s console, or by a regular UAV terminal.

article-1258628-08C10BF4000005DC-654_634x393.jpg

5- Random IED placement module.

Thats it, what do you guys think?

I would like a Half life 2 addon like the one it was in OFP

If anyone can porting the arma2 US police car to arma3 pls contact to me

If u successful porting to arma3 I will give u a New Call of duty gift

Steam- patrickbains

Mail- ssgtrobert@hotmail.com

Strykers with SLAT armor and multiple variants please. I know there was an Arma 2 version but I have yet to find an Arma 3 compatible version. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Strykers with SLAT armor and multiple variants please. I know there was an Arma 2 version but I have yet to find an Arma 3 compatible version. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So a port of US/NATO Light Armored Vehicles from arma 2, Stryker MG,TOW,TUA,AA,MGS,Mortar and Lav 25,Lav Bison? Suprised no one has done it yet. If I can teach myself how to port over some stuff from arma 2 it should not be a problem. We will see. But if anyone knows how to port, maybe you can do Kirkland's request. I would like them also! :)

Has anybody had an idea to port Aduke's helo pack over to Arma 3 (with his permission of course), since he seems to no longer be working on any mods?.

Really enjoyed the fact of being able to sit on the sides of the Pavehawk with legs hanging over the edge :cool:

If I could I would get right on it, but all of this mod stuff seems to go over my head whenever I try to understand it :/

I believe those responsible for the Arma 2 version of the Strykers were: ExplosiveAids, Stiltman & RicoADF. If anyone can give them a shout or otherwise knows how to contact them maybe we can get this ball rolling.

Here is a link to their old mod. Mayhaps someone can shed some light on the situation?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12380

I went ahead and added this to my Arma 3 and the Stryker showed up but the weapon systems weren't there and aside from getting into the passenger seat and checking the inventory, these vics were pointless. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I certainly would appreciate some help if some can be spared.

we absolutely need a mod which slows the reloading animation to a realistic speed. right now, the reloading animation is constant and EVERYONE is so fast like they are all specops or swat guys.

I think reloading animations should be slower and may even be slightly randomized per reload.

Has anybody had an idea to port Aduke's helo pack over to Arma 3 (with his permission of course), since he seems to no longer be working on any mods?.

Really enjoyed the fact of being able to sit on the sides of the Pavehawk with legs hanging over the edge :cool:

If I could I would get right on it, but all of this mod stuff seems to go over my head whenever I try to understand it :/

look at my NB USMC mod, the pavehawk has those kind of seats

Perhaps a weapon pack focused on Delta and DEVGRU HK416s, maybe in different camo patterns, with ASDG Jount Rails config ?