max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I'd like to request the USS Khe Sahn to be ported over to A3 as-is. I know they just released the MLODs for it when they released the packs from A2 and A2:OA. However, I'm shite at doing configs. I can do the PhysX lod stuff, but I just need to see if someone can get it ingame for me.

I've seen people with it ingame, but that could be from the AiA which I'd like to avoid. If you or someone you know has done this already, and believe they would be willing to share, could you please PM me?

Thanks

im talking to my partner to port it over because we need it for our USMC mod, we are going to mess with the texture a little bit, but if you have A3MP you can use a mod found in vehicle-Ships, into your game and it works,

It's an object so it shouldn't be too hard.

I currently have no joke 6 sets of .Paa files of reskinned indfor soldiers using sauls .psd's....I tried unsuccessfully to get them in game, my textures do work i tested that much, I just really can't figure out the config business and my P:drive with steam tools isnt working its just giving me a black cmd.exe screen, so pm me if you want them my only request is that you credit me properly and release them for the public.

Few types of aircraft weapons. No cluster bombs. It would be cool to use the CBU-87, BLU-107, SADARM, WP.Most of this is in the GLT Missilebox by Myke, but not in ARMA 3

I want a remake of chernarus (using the original islands terrain texture and such, but remade with arma 3 setting trees and buildings, although it wouldnt be accurate to area, it would look nice (i would myself just i dont know how to use terrain builder properly and what files i would need)

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

This is going to sound silly but a mod that simply removes/hides all arma 3 assets; tanks, apcs, weapons, units, aircraft, etc. Leaving only arma 3 objects, buildings, fortifications and so on. This is going to be a part of a new project I'm working on that will litterally change arma 3. As in removing all things futuristic and having everything as begining of the world - present day. Not present day - 2035. Please pm me if this is actually possible or if you would like to create this addon or are interested in helping me on my project. Thanks

-Black Viper

This is going to sound silly but a mod that simply removes/hides all arma 3 assets; tanks, apcs, weapons, units, aircraft, etc. Leaving only arma 3 objects, buildings, fortifications and so on. This is going to be a part of a new project I'm working on that will litterally change arma 3. As in removing all things futuristic and having everything as begining of the world - present day. Not present day - 2035. Please pm me if this is actually possible or if you would like to create this addon or are interested in helping me on my project. Thanks

-Black Viper

silly viper thats called make replacement packs

silly viper thats called make replacement packs

........ I feel very stupid now.... but still if anyone can help that would be much appreciated

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

A CB90-class fast assault craft, yes the same one from Battlefield 4 but there was also a version of this in ArmA 2's Project RACS mod and I absolutely loved it but it seems like it would be a great addition to ArmA 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB90-class_fast_assault_craft

Like this:

640px-Stridsb%C3%A5t_90.jpg

Hi. Instant sorry for bad English.

My idea is simple - Take basis for mod/addon or even a whole game from most successful project(s) and as result you get popular mod. Let's look at games with most amount of players. We see mostly MOBA games(go to Twitch.tv homepage for example). Why are they so popular? I played many games, Arma II as well, I also played a lot of LoL and Dota.

1. Thing to do. From what I feel I can say that MOBAs are popular because they give you one simple, clear, main target(enemy nexus(base)) and same target for your enemy. Do main objective first = win. You can defend = slow your enemy or attack = try to be quicker than your enemy - this race for one simple target makes it interesting. Only one aim of the game and it is absolutely simple - it easy to get and quckly start - here you have new players. In games with guns and tanks - ok, do base race, or point capture with time limit.

2. Creativity. Everything else you free to choose any strategy you want, there are no more rules so here is more interest - what is the best way to win? - here you have infinite amount of options, here your new player play more and more, wants to improve his strategy and find out: Will it work or not? Simple target + unknown best way to win.

3. Balance. Make it simple: small territory, not that many side-objectives or may be even none, not that many options(not complicated too much and easy to change/control), something strong costs a lot, weak costs small amount - simple in general, hard to do perfect.

4. Design, fun. It may be even main thing for a game to be popular. It may be main problem. Sadly I can't really tell how to make project successful here. Reason is, personally for me fun in game is IN the aim itself and as much creativeness as possible on the way to this aim. I don't really understand how graphics, design etc can make game more fun, i played Dwarf fortress many times, not sure about good graphic, but for me it's enough. Music though, add some cool in pre-game menu.

5. PvP. Closest mod for Arma 2 i played here is Warfare - I think possibility to buy NPC makes action-based-game more like economy strategy, some like it, but most successful projects don't have this component complicated. PvP in war-simulator in my opinion is better - it gives you more interesting opponent, so if this better - make it pure PvP and instant, easy to go. Look at DayZ even - where are zombies? Most people play it because of PvP.

Many people now interested in products like this, simulators, hard tasks to do, Arma and Dayz have shown that, many eSport games shown that. But most of these people are still casuals somehow, they don’t want walking miles on fields, they want hard(≈realistic), but easy to go(technically to start play), not that big map and playtime, PvP action. You can easily get all these components just by one thing - give them task to fight for from the start to the end. "It will be just new CS" - no it will be in new, realistic Arma's enviroment.

As result you get something like Battlefield, with all Arma(simulator) pluses.

Like this idea? Try to create something like this, or may be help some already existing project that look like this(also tell me may be if you find something ,that's already is a war-SIMULATOR and a GAME at same time?), or even talk somewhere else - spread this concept etc.

Chance that someone really do something like this may be small, chance to have real success with this even smaller, still, why not to share it? Who knows :)

Thank for your attention.

Any kind of civilian vechicles please .... the game is really lacking that. You can´t create any athmosphere with only 3 civilian cars ;/

Greetings all Mod Makers

I'm looking for someone to make a small mod to remove the drop holster from the character's leg. The ArmA 3 group I'm with dose not use sidearm, so a soldier with no pistol does it need A drop holster. I've never done any modded so I would not know where to start. If anyone think this can be done please email me. Thank You

Wrong section buddy, put this is mod request, not mod complete.

Respectfully request a full functioning module for wounding and revive. SP/MP compatibility. AI/Player Compatibility. AI--> Heal player / Player --> Heal AI. Included eventhandlers to handle respawning AI and calls to revert command to group leader on revive.

Requested configuration items:

Respawn on/off

Bleedout timer/unlimited(respawn disabled)

Spectator script only if no issues present

Medic/Any revive option

100% health on revive/heal

Heal at ambulance/field hospitals or with medkit/FAK

AI heal group only/All within readius/All

3D & map markers and STHUD if able

So far there has been a few wounding/revive systems. None of which truly work. I've tested all with vanilla and many mods. It seems the people who are truly gifted as far as scripting are focusing on weapon and unit mods or things like Alive. Not to say the people who are working on wounding scripts arent gifted but perhaps they could use help with more experience. I wish I had the time myself to dedicate to learning how to script and configure such a mod. I only ask because I know there is a lot of untapped talent in the arma community. I want to express a lot of gratitude to those who are doing their very best to implement this stuff already. I know arma has a lot of AI issues you have to dance around to make things work and I want to thank Norrin, psycho, chessmaster, farooq and the countless others who worked really hard to try to get the AI and damage handling to play ball in this new version of arma. I don't see why the devs don't justify that if you put in friendly AI in a game that you should be able to medic/heal/save them and they should attempt to take care of you. Medics are pretty vital in real warfare, I don't see how they slide off the template in a war simulator. Friendly AI is like a completely uncontrolled entity that happens to be on your team. Doesnt make sense to me.

/rant

Thanks devs for all the great things that have been implemented, beautiful graphics, physx, and a couple sweet maps! Scuba is cool minus the AI shooting you underwater but whatever its fun.

I would like to see a daytime visible LAserattachment in different colours (red, green, yellow and blue e.g.)

Greetings folks, I'm a relative newbie to A3, but I've played the series since the OFP Demo. I've enjoyed all the lovely addons and such. Even though I'm having a hard time getting them to really function in Arma3, I'm re-installing it now, after wiping it, in hopes I can put it together ina way that isnt gonna crash the thing.

Anywho.

I was going to request an Island, and addition to a map, whatever, of Guardian Centers, in Smyrna GA. I went there last fall for a huge airsoft game, and military and rescue workers train there all the time. I'm hoping some folks know what I'm talking about. You can find it through google's map service as well as plenty of on-ground pictures out there. if needed, I can gather as many pictures as possible for the place as well. I want to recreate the experience we had, as well as maybe train through Arma 3 for it. It could be fun, and I'm sure lots oof airsoft players who have been there and even some who haven't and own a copy of Arma 3 will play.

Also, I have a tank. It's small. Not a military vehicle, though it looks like it. It's an old fair ride that I bought and want to use for my own twisted purposes. Are there any talented modelers/coders out there willing to give it a shot? It's a small thing. Not terribly detailed so it wont be too complicated for modeling purposes. It's a wheeled vehicle too. Think along the lines of a small Ifrit. I can grab all the pictures in the world you need of this thing.

For the above stuff, I can pay. Not much at all. very little, in fact, but I can contribute a little. Even if it's a few pizzas or something. Potentially not worth your time, I know. But Guardian Centers is a great little set up for CQB stuff, and was oodles of fun. I'm an old Army guy myself, back from 2 deployments as a blackhawk crew chief. I know airsoft seems childish to some, but I've found it as a great stress relief, and a way to have all the adrenaline of a firefight with none of the bloody consequences. I'd really appreciate if you can help.

As a side note, I noticed the Mk. 20 in the game now has a grenade launcher attached. That's good stuff. Has anybody made the 1.6x integral sight for FN's F2000? I'd like to run the Mk20 with that sight, the grenade launcher, and a silencer ala Sam Fisher.

Hi there

Arma III is big, everyone knows that, but most of the map is ******* water.

Why are there no ships in Arma III? there are only small boats.

Is there a mod that adds large ships like frigates, aircraft carriers or battleships?

i know that such big ships take a lot of work, just wanted to know if there are any mods like that.

thanks

-timmyrules56

Royal Gibraltar Regiment (add me on steam to join)