max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

could somebody please import the C-130 Wreck from arma2 so we can create crash missions

Im sure its already in under plane wreck or something similer?

Please, Please, Please someone make a vehicle camo mod. Just every NATO vehicle in a wood and desert camo. AND put the AAF tank LEOPARD into the NATO faction..

Please make mod which delete snakes from game. I'm tried with deleting folder "snakes" in animals_f.pbo but then i cannot load saved games because of missing content.

Someone probably brought these up already but I would really appreciate the following:

- An ice map. Maybe some higher mountain regions full of snow in the north, followed by rivers, lakes and deep, black forests in the middle and ending in a flat tundra area to the south. My main point is that Altis features too little forests for my taste and there have been a lot (both official and unofficial) desert / middle east maps for A2, so I figured some change won't be bad. Just think of images from Siberia; it should offer some cool scenario possibilities. Also, woodland / snow troops could be interesting in that context. I really liked the island of Namalsk back in Arma 2; it's the only similar mod island I can think of right now.

- Mercenary troops. The only a little bit irregular looking faction in Arma 3 are the FIA resistance guys but they lack some diversity in my opinion. I would appreciate a decent mercenary faction like SchnapsdroSel's mercs pack back in A2. It was really cool.

I appreciate anyone who had the same ideas or already started working on something in this direction. Sadly, I'm not really familiar with modding and frankly I'm more interested in using user's addons to create missions or campaigns from it. Looking forward to whatever magic you modders deliver. :)

Im sure its already in under plane wreck or something similer?

That's a burned aircraft in A2 we had the c130 crash site where the plane was still mostly in one piece and buried in the ground

There's that destroyed Osprey that could possibly be used.

i need Mk. 12 Mod 1 SPR in tan camo with front grip and bipod

600px-Lonesurv-team.jpg

600px-Lonesurv-MK12-2.jpg

600px-Lonesurv-MK12-1.jpg

Maybe napalm bombs and/or an old flame tank?

Mods this is for arma 3, which is why I posted it in the arma 3 section... not arma 2 operation arrowhead section, so try not to move it there...

if there is one already in existance for arma 3 (3 mods, not 2), can you link it to me? I wasn't able to find one.

I know this isn't new in any way, shape or form. However, there isn't a mod out there yet for Arma 3 that does this.

I would love to see a mod that refined the action menu when you have explosives or mines equipped.

An example would be an "Explosives Menu" on the action menu, when you press it opens a sub-menu with all the explosive related options like Place Satchel, Deactivate, Detonate/Set off bomb etc etc

Let's face it, we're all been there when placing a satchel charge and having to (very carefully) avoid the set off bombs option when trying to use the action menu for other things. :j:

NeoArmegeddon's Satchel Replacement for ArmA2 did exactly this but also other features like attaching to units and multiple timings and frequencies, meaning you or your team mates could detonate multiple bombs in whatever order you like. It was (and still is) awesome. My only "complaint" is that he swapped the standard satchel charge with a Mk12 GBU... Big boooooom!

Also the 3D Explosives Interface by Zorilya has some really neat features like moving explosives and placing them on vehicles and objects.

All I really want to see is a re-worked explosives menu system for Arma 3, however a mod that encompasses all of the above would make my head (and everything in a 50m radius) explode in delight!

I'd like to see a mod that allows me to control the driver and gunner in tanks. As someone who plays single player only and will not play MP for a number of reasons, the tanks have always been something I didn't use because I want to be the gunner but the driver is useless. Obviously it's not realistic but this isn't about realism it's about playability and playing gunner in SP is nearly impossible.

Please, Please, Please someone make a vehicle camo mod. Just every NATO vehicle in a wood and desert camo. AND put the AAF tank LEOPARD into the NATO faction..

With my limited to nonexistent modding skills, I've been trying my hardest to get tools and working so that I could practice texturing by making OD green vehicles instead of desert tan.

Like, this color:

humvee_army_ap_slide.jpg

Basically I've been using FUTARM a lot and I wanted to see if I could get some green vehicles to go with it.

However, this is a big if because I haven't been able to get tools working at all...

I would be extremely interested in a mod which added the following to the Pawnee:

-Laser designator

-FLIR Turret with in-cockpit display

-Flares

any mod that can re-add dispersion in the pawnee's miniguns (and pretty much all turrets) would be a welcome change

instead of having 1000 rounds in a row land with pinpoint accuracy

Raytheon/Sarcos Exoskeleton.

Go to youtube and watch the vid with ID: ViL4bAUGuGY

This game's supposed to take place 20 minutes in the future, right? Well the prototype exists now, so...

Is someone working on hybrid optics (EOTech + magnifier)?

If not, can someone work on it please?

And still the other choppers I'd like to see: MH-53J Pave Low III and MH-60L/MH-60M (with fastrope integrated).

Idea 1: Infantry/Weapons replacement configs.

As far as I see there's a good phase in the addon development, but almost no one is making replacements like before, is anybody up to make some replacements of the game units? Mostly weapon and infantry replacement packs, that in fact are just configs in standalone .PBO's overriding the game base config (IF, BIS haven't changed that it still works), like mentioning the name of a unit (IE: class W_NATO_Rifleman) and make the weapons/magazines command lines different (IE: class weapons={"FHQ_M4","RH_M9"}), I would like to add that, those classnames I reffered are made up by me in the moment to give you an example.

PS: Someone might say "Well yes you know how to do it". Actually I know that from ArmA 2 and before that game, but not at all in ArmA 3 for many reasons: I haven't found a full file including all classnames of the vanilla units like ArmA 2 has (If I remember well, it was usermade), "rearming" an infantry unit ain't that easy anymore, it requires more time if you start giving them new military suits, platecarriers, helmets, etc. which is time I don't have.

Now the main idea... Since ArmA 3 is set in a close future, I think Sabre's US retexture pack (BIS forum link) fits well to the game, more than UTP camo, it blends in better with like, 80% of the islands' terrain and the BLUFOR vehicles, also they could carry MK-18 variants so to speak... If someone is interested in making this (it would be appreciated), I can give other suggestions of replacements (Like vanilla BLUFOR soldiers but with hotshotmike's SCAR'S), I know this is an idea that would be good for many people.

Idea 2: UAV/UGV variety.

As far as I see, BIS is not planning to give all factions different drone models (If this is about to change and BIS mentioned it, then please enlighten me). It looks a little bit weird to have the same attack drone in all 3 factions, someone could do one little bit more futuristic version of the PCHELA russian drone made for CAS/Recon that goes for the CSAT side to give you an example.

Idea 3: Full .PDF file of all classnames and commands of ArmA 3.

Plain and simple, I guess there was something like that made for ArmA 2 (Command refference maybe?)

Edited by LT. Drake Jackson

Afghanistan style maps , Taliban fighters , Afghan civilians , Afghan guerrillas

Idea: Would it be possible to create a replacement for BLUEFOR to be NATO and thus consist of multinational soldiers? (German, Japanese, US, French, Brits etc.) ?

More walkable ships! I'd love to be able to structure a mission around something like "Somali pirates", with a large freighter or two to choose from. Would be nice addons for ambiance too... seeing a giant freighter or tanker ship moving slowly across the water or docked in port. :)

My ideas for additional content for ARMA 3 mainly focus on stuff from the present.

My ideas for the stuff from the present would be:

A unit and vehicle pack representing the current USMC (port from ARMA 2 ?) along with additional units like improved versions of the LAV-25 A2 (M240 on the turret, armor around the turret, IED jammers...) aswell as the LAV-M, the LAV-AT, the LAV-AA and also a HIMARS (up armored) --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIMARS

A Pack representing the current U.S. Army vehicles. I think there are already some guys who work on units.

A Pack with a variety of SOF units with current equipment (CIA SOG/SAD, MARSOC, US Special Forces, Pararescue, US Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, British SAS, German KSK and SEK-M [Kampfschwimmer])

A Pack containing the vehicles for the SOF unit pack (Up armored Humvees, SOF type quads and motorcycles, SOF Toyota Hilux trucks, Jackals and Coyotes, Serval LIV (SO), Mowag Eagles)

My ideas for additional content for the ARMA 3 period would be:

A pack representing the future USMC (ECH Helmets, MARPAT, IMTV and plate carriers..) and it´s vehicles (JLTVs in different configurations --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Light_Tactical_Vehicle , M1A2s, ABVs --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Breacher_Vehicle, Marine Personell Carriers --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Personnel_Carrier, HIMARS trucks, AH-1Zs, UH-1Ys, F-35s, CH-53Ks --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CH-53K, MV-22)

A pack representing the future U.S.ARMY (ECH, IOTVs and plate carriers, new cammo that should be announced this year, carbine other than the M4, the XM-25, XM-2010...) and it´s vehicles (AH-64Es, OH-58Fs, CH-47Fs, UH-60Ms, Grey Eagle UAS, M1A2 SEPs, ABVs, Ground Combat Vehicles --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_Combat_Vehicle_%28program%29, Strykers and JLTVs)

I know that some of the stuff like the JLTV, the Army cammo, and the GCVs have not been introduced or even chosen, but hey, let´s choose one ourselves!

A bunch of the above content has already been represented in mods that are WIP or already released; for example, Sakura_Chan is working on a MV-22 Osprey, and I've already released a F-35B Lightning II.