max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I would love a CH-53E mod similar to the one, or if given permissions, a port of the popular ArmA II one.

is anyone actually making any decent maps???????? whats going on

Any plans for a throwable, attachable and personal IR Strobe?

I'd like to second this request. Is it just not feasible?

does anyone know of a custom inventory mod, similar to virtual ammobox, that can just be used whenever I want to? meaning I can customize my loadout to my liking regardless of what mission I'm on as long is I'm the host or in single player.

Hello ArmA Community, I have been playing BIS games since Operation Flashpoint (still have the GOTY disk version too), I really enjoyed ArmA II with the ACE mod, the 5.56x45mm ballistics were very well done, the Mk262 on soft targets like insurgents was devastating as it should have been. However in ArmA III it seems like the performance of 5.56x45 is completely incorrect or is at least based off of the M193 round that was used in Vietnam on the M16A1 which is total garbage by modern standards. I have been a mod developer on 2 other mods doing MilSpec research and ballistics, you can find links to my work below. I have a very very good grasp on ballistics and from all the in game testing that I have done and the dyslexi youtube video I watched I can not agree with the 5.56x45mm performance AT ALL. I would like to request mod dev's for ArmA III who are working on weapons that use 5.56x45mm to use my ballistics information below to give their weapons simulation grade real time ballistics. From what I have gathered the weapons do not affect damage, its all stored in the magazines, so I broke this down per bullet, all munitions listed below are in ACTIVE USE by the US Military as of 2013.

M855A1 EPR

Projectile Mass: 62 Grains

Projectile Velocity: 3150 ft/s @ muzzle

Projectile Kinetic Energy: 1288 ft/lbs @ muzzle

Projectile Accuracy: 2.14 - 2.33 MOA @ 300 meters

Terminal Performance Range: 0 - 600 meters

Penetration Rating: 3/8 Mild Steel @ 350 meters

Standard Zero: 300 meters

Suppressor Rating: GREEN

MK318 Mod 0 SOST

Projectile Mass: 62 Grains

Projectile Velocity: 3118 ft/s @ muzzle

Projectile Kinetic Energy: 1280 ft/lbs @ muzzle

Projectile Accuracy: 1.67 - 1.71 MOA @ 300 meters

Terminal Performance Range: 0 - 600 meters

Penetration Rating: 3/8 Mild Steel @ 200 meters

MK262 Mod 1 SPR

Projectile Mass: 77 Grains

Projectile Velocity: 2750 ft/s @ muzzle

Projectile Kinetic Energy: 1293 ft/lbs @ muzzle

Projectile Accuracy: 1.52 - 1.59 MOA @ 300 meters

Terminal Performance Range: 0 - 700 meters

Penetration Rating: 1/4 Mild Steel @ 150 meters

Breakdown:

The M855A1 EPR is designed mainly for CQB to low mid range combat out to approximately 400 meters, its designed to engage targets behind cover or targets who are wearing kevlar armor. the M855A1 has decent coefficients but it does suffer from reduced accuracy at ranges (anything beyond 400 meters), this round is NOT yaw dependent.

The MK318 Mod 0 is designed as a go-between round, it carries a decent penetration capability with enhanced wound channeling that is yaw dependent, however it is widely regarded in testing and field use as an excellent performing round at CQB and mid range due to its yaw characteristics. This is a great all around general purpose bullet that will allow you to engage lightly armored targets at close to medium ranges (10-300 meters).

The MK262 Mod 1 is a very popular round with excellent KE potential especially at longer ranges, the round is similar in design to the SOST round but its designed to fragment more on soft tissue than its meant to penetrate. If you are engaging unarmored or lightly armored targets at 600 meters this round is nothing short of devastating. This round is known to have issues yawing in close combat however the MK262 Mod 1 is well known to be the most accurate 5.56x45mm round ever designed and is arguably the deadliest 5.56x45mm ever actively fielded.

Here is a video that will explain why I have such a problem with BIS's 5.56x45mm ballistics (remeber that default 5.56x45mm in ArmA III will NOT penetrate 2 car doors)

http://www.military.com/video/ammunition-and-explosives/ammunition/army-tests-new-green-ammo-militarycom-reports/932665226001/

ModDB Profile: http://www.moddb.com/members/spartan0536

Ballistics Mod Demonstration Video:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/occupation-source/videos/occupation-source-40-teaser

NOTE*

If you do wish to use my ballistics information in your mod(s) all I ask is that you place my name and contribution into your "Special Thanks / Credits" area.

I am really missing map tools for proper navigation like they were in ace:

. I think it shouldnt be too hard to implement for an experienced modder. Or does that already exist?

does anyone know of a custom inventory mod, similar to virtual ammobox, that can just be used whenever I want to? meaning I can customize my loadout to my liking regardless of what mission I'm on as long is I'm the host or in single player.

What if you just scripted in VAS to a backpack? Then, wherever you are, you could just set down the pack, and open up VAS. Voila! Portable full inventory catalog.

can someone please throw together a script that makes doors open when something explodes within a meter or so from it?

thanks in advance

Edited by ltsThomas

extended hud for heli/jets

on of my favourite wishes is a extended hud for heli/jets

but i have no skills in modmaking, programming, etc.

hope someone (maybe bis) is inspired by this idea

the standard vanilla hud has a very small layer area and is always centered to the view.

the hud (heli) displays the following symbols:

compass

speed

height

selected weapon

fly to cue (circle with 3 lines)

horizon line

and fliying as pilot and using manual fire mode: the weapon aiming cue (four lines, as a open cross)

as turning you head with freelook the whole hud follows the turn.

better is only the needed symbols should follow (compass, speed, height, selected weapon)

the symbols for horizon, fly to cue, weapon aming cue should focus the right position.

this is only possible by extend the layer for the hud to the whole display area.

layout should be the same as in vanilla arma

a second always visible aiming cue for centered weapons (unguided rockets, centered gun) should also displayed = aircraft centerline

the aiming cue for the non-centered gun must be seperated.

with a "right" fly to cue symbol position the pilot gets much better information how his bird is flying to.

looking forward to your answers.

sorry for bad english!

cheers johnny

not a bad idea, but I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant a mod that allows me to use VAS or an alternative no matter what I'm playing. so as long as I'm the host or in single player, I'll always have the option to customize my loadout. whether I'm playing campaign, a user made mission or a showcase. basically anything that allows me to have full control over my loadout regardless of what I'm playing at the time.

I would like anew map or sorts, I knida want a best of A2/A3 - Im not really into the sunny med setting, I would like a north/eastern Europe type map, like the pine forests etc of A2 - so I can mix the superior A3 graphics with the sweet setting of a wartorn eastern europe :) so If anyone can replicate this I'd appreciate it.

I would really like to see LurchiDerLurch's AC130 script in Arma 3 without having to use AllinArma etc, i.e. specifically built for Arma 3. I've seen the AC130X by J0nes but it just doesn't have the same performance or ease of use for me as the one made by LurchiDerLurch.

I thought it would be nice to see some Mercenary uniforms similar to those used by Marty Alencar and Warren Clyde from Far Cry 2, also maybe some fingerless gloves to go with it. I haven't really seen any Merc like models aside from the PMC ones. They were good but I think that it would be nice to see some more hired soldiers type models instead of the standard army uniforms. I realize that it may be hard but I would love to see it happen, and since I'm only in the very beginning stages of learning to mod I can't do it myself.

Edited by Farsight

You know I just thought of something really simple I used like a million times back in the day...

A 'digital camera'! :-) Just something that zooms a clear picture... perhaps even... just thinking this up right

here...

As you can have different optics in game now... you could have different lenses! :O :)

Is it possible to make the wildlife hostile?

...like the snakes and maybe the possibility for other stuff.

Thoughts please as i have no idea how to do such sorcery!

Does anyone have this file still? As I would like to use this camo in a project. I wasnt sure where to post this so apologies in advance if this is not the place.

[img ]http://imageshack.us/a/img22/8193/e2a.png[/img]>100kb

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Right, now that I've clocked 100 playing hours in Arma, in editor and online etc... These things have come

to my attention of being 'missing'... Just ideas... Some more simple then others...

1. More civilian aircraft, turboprop / small jet commercial aviation... for Altis Airport, and something like PC6 light cargo/parachuting aircraft.

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/01/31/2159638/Dash-8-Q400-420x0.jpg

2. Civilian ships, ie fishing trawler, or scientific vessels, like the wrecks but then ones that are in 1 piece, for harbours. Maybee sailboat etc

3. Civilian! Police, Coastguard, Fire department, Medic and Airport vehicles... (might have a look at retexturing some of those myself) (possibly various

airport units, like fuel, fire = repair, etc)

4. Explosive objects... (more of them) pallet with drums, or ammo boxes that explode when damaged.

5. Medivac possibilities, drag to aircraft, put onboard... etc

6. The L39 (AAF jet) without weapons/pods/pylons, smoke option and in aerobatics team colours.

(there are various aerobatics teams across the world using the Albatross) * I cannot remove parts,

Retexture Ill try!

http://www.globalaviationresource.com/reports/2011/breitlingjetteam/images/21.jpg

7. ROV, remote controlled deep sea vehicle

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/ROV_Hercules_2005.JPG

Most of this stuff rather, would be better off requested in regards to the Vanilla rather than Add Ons. But i guess BIS has there hands full already. Would be nice too see something like a few Beach planes, and civilian helicopters made by the Community.

I request someone make an amphibious car.

gibbsaquada700.jpg

6436540.jpeg

I'm not sure if this belongs in a new thread but I'll try here first. I'd be interested in seeing someone make (or make myself) a simple mod that adds a few limited-timed random fires in the bushes, trees and buildings both standing and destroyed after large HE detonations nearby.

Very similar to the fires after the attack on the camp in the official campaign.

Currently the only fires we see are in destroyed vehicles, but I'd like to see a little more to add what I think would amount to much greater immersion. I would want the effect to be subtle, with just a small random chance that they appear after HE detonation nearby. The location of the fire, size of the fire, and location within the object that it is in (such as the top left corner or bottom right corner of a building) would all be random. If it can be done then I would later consider trying to script it to spread and/or cause further damage to a building, raising the possibility that it would collapse if it hasn't already.

I'm a total newbie to both Arma and modding and this would be my first mod. It sounds like a simple mod to start with, but what do I know? :confused: Could anyone tell me where to start, what config files to look in, how to tinker around to learn, etc.? Thanks for the great game and I look forward to attempting a mod!

A weather mod, that will synchronize ingame weather (and, why not, date/daytime) with current state on islands' real world counterparts (Agios Efstratios,Lemnos), basing on some online forecast web page data, I suppose...

If its possible would someone be kind enough to try and port the MASH tent from A1/A2 or A2OA over to A3.

I've tried "All In Arma" but I cant get it to work properly and I'm only really wanting the MASH tent.

I've tried to port the MASH tent myself but I'm not experienced enough with addons and failed.

Hope this is possible.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Image of MASH tent from A2OA that I'm requesting.