max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Well, i don't know if this has been asked before, but here i go:

First things first, please excuse me if you don't understand what i'm trying to say, english is not my native language.

Now for things that matter, i'm a great fan of SP missions, but there is something that i couldn't hate more: managing your own AI units inventory. I'm sure it has happened to all of you: you are in a very long mission, such as the fantastic Whole Lotta Stratis/Alits by SaOK, or any other with a heavy opposing force to deal with, and suddenly one of your machinegunners in the middle of a harsh firefight runs out of ammo or your AT soldier realises he has no rockets left just when an enemy APC makes its deadly approach. And to make things worst, there is not a single ammo source of your faction in hundreds of meters, so the "Restock ammo at -instert random ammo source here-" order is not an option. What do you do now? I'll tell you what, you press F-Whatever to select that soldier, send him to somewhere he can grab an OPFOR weapon, like a dead enemy, then press 6 and then you begin to press 0 for a lot of valuable seconds while you find the option you were looking for: "Inventory". And when you select it you find yourself in horror that there was another corpse lying next to the one you wanted and your Machinegunner/AT soldier is trying to scavenge the First Aid Box of a dead civilian!

That HAS indeed happened to me more than once, and it's needless to say how much it ruins immersion, when IRL you would simply yell at your fellow soldier "Hey dumbass, drop that empty PCML and grab that RPG-42 over there! And don't forget to get some spare ammo!".

Ok, you get the idea, right?

Now, the request itself:

Wouldn't it be possible to add some sort of graphical interface in the form of an item pool that shows objects or containers nearby so you can send your troops in a case of need to the EXACT place they have to be to grab what they need? Maybe order the items or containers by proximity, not just "Rearm at AT Soldier at 7 o'clock", without stating that that guy is 500 meters away of the one you got just 5 meters from you.

And just to clarify, i'm not asking for an item pool where you click and drag the object and voila! it appears magically in your AI squadmate, just some way to SEND THE GUY to the right place, i.e. they would have to MOVE THERE ANYWAY to grab what you want him to grab.

I hope you have understand my request, sometimes even i have problems understanding myself ;)

Realisitc Anti Air System (medium or large)

should include:

+ a working Radar with command station to launch them

Examples:

Russ. version

- TOMBSTONE (36N85)

- BIG BIRD (64N6E2)

- CLAM SHELL (76N6)

s300pmubatteryll.jpg

US version

fig5-9.gif

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-01-11/ch5.htm

+ realisitc Missilesystem:

- FLINT (Flexible Interceptor)

- no chance to deflect them with flares, cause they are radar guided

- range and warheads

- realistic ballistic animation

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw/videos/mim-104e-patriot-pac-2-gem-animation-testhttp://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw/videos/mim-104e-patriot-pac-2-gem-animation-test

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw/videos/km-sam-cheolmae-2-completed-boost-p

some useful pictures:

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15836/thumb_620x2000/Visio-flint_agm114l_draft1.jpg (208 kB)

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15836/thumb_940x3000/patriot_wcc3_radar_tws_process.jpg (289 kB)

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15836/thumb_940x3000/patriot_wcc3_flowchart.jpg (342 kB)

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15836/thumb_940x3000/FLINT_AIM9X_diag.jpg (255 kB)

maybe the team of Modern Warfare for WIC would share there scripts, they are quite awesome :yay:

other possible AA's

MIM-23 Hawk

THAAD

MIM-72 Chaparral

2K12 Kub

Buk M1

SA-15

Pantsir-S1

Rapier (missile)

Lt_Ryan, as soon as i read your title, i began thinking in Modern Warfare of WiC. That was a TRUE ADS! Anyway i don't think it's doable: a good and complete ADS literally negates the air to any number of air elements. Simply, given the range of radars and some AA missiles, it would be too effective. Well, just like in real life :P

Well there are some possible thing to kill those AA's

- fly deep to get ground clutter, Radar guided missiles will smash into ground or can't lock

- use woods or hills to avaiod radar scan

- use SEAD planes or artillery peaces to destroy them

well there is also the idea of something smaller like in the end Buk, Chaparral etc.

btw there is already a s300 for A2

but cant find the final download link

Forsvarets Spesialkommando - FSK of Norway - If anyone could make this unit/or a Norwegian armed forces complete then I would love you forever :)

Why all you guys want special ultra epic soldiers addons.. you cant even handle a normal soldier

Shoot from vehicles. All I want, make happen please :c

I think that a mod converting Arma 3 into an RTS would be very interesting. Though, not sure if the scale would be capturing small outposts across the map, securing cities, or securing entire regions with coal mines to fuel your war trains.

Very interested in seeing the LHD with a working well deck once BIS has released the A2 models!

Sorry to repeat me. Why are there no scar-l and scar-h in ArmA 3. Are these weapons not nice? Modders, come on, I know you want it.

Hey guys at first sry for my bad English but I’m from Germany ;)

I searching a mod where it is possible to play as a resistance fighter. Maybe a little story The Blufor attacked the island and now you on your own.

Search stuff (like dayZ) build your command base (like epoch) and fight against the NPC army and other resistance.

Save areas, start patrols and search other resistance fighter to team up.

you can build outpost´s, save city´s with trader´s, where you can buy and sell stuff to fight against the invaders.

Carry loot between outpost´s with aircraft´s and trucks. Like gasoline, weapons, ammunition or building material from a production area to an airfield to the front.

Maybe its possible that the army start patrols from an carrier or airfield with heavy aircrafts like hornets or something.

It would be good if it´s possible to win against the NPC. After a loooooong time with searching, building and fighting. It Should be a really hard challenging!!

I think a mod with the combination of: Dayz epoch, Wasteland and classic arma3 would be really really good.

What did you think and I hope you now what I mean.

GreeTz Divi

i've always liked forward mounted optics on rifles, but very few video games use them

i'd like to see some such weapons or optics mods, like for example:

a railed ak, but without the extra rail people tend to add on top of the reciever. the only rail capable of mounting optics would be on top of the handguard

however, that's just a general example. it being an ak, while cool, isn't essential or anything

I have to say I was expecting Weapons like: AK-12, SCAR-H, SCAR-L, I'm very Confused on why their is no shotguns like the AA 12, Kel-Tec KSG, Benelli M4 Super 90,

Very Surprised there is no shotguns, it was best weapon too hold building form inside. I also wanted to see the come back in M32 MGL.

I love FN FAL's, Arma 3 doesn't have an FN FAL or G3 style rifle (Thought the new OPFOR rifle for episode one would be a futuristic G3 since the Iranians really issue it) and Arma 3 prefers new/hypothetical/futuristic weapons. So someone should mod in this very new, modern FAL dammit!

It's called the Imbel IA2:

http://www.the3dstudio.com/download_image.ashx?size=large&mode=product&file_guid=ddcec4f0-1fb0-4dfc-889d-efd085d396f8

Edited by FrankDaTank1218

Hi..

Is there anybody working on Swedish Archer artillery system to arma 3..??

Just Curious.. YT link..

What we need is a bunch of small maps featuring the worlds most dangerous airports.

:)

I like to request for working various size nuclear bombs for various rigs, which have a varying range of destruction and effective wind-dependent fall-out cloud. (if practicable with localized "black rain".) Exploding a Tsar Bomba would be neat! :D Anyone, please? Thank you. :)

I would love to see some more armored vehicles, current use or planned, and not just another re-skin of the current vehicles. Sorely lacking vehicles for making missions and convoys.

How about a military motorbike for recon, logistics... a 2 wheeled version to work alongside the Quad bike.

There's at least one such mod already a WIP.

Really? had no information about them

is there any mod where every time i kill a enemy audio plays phrase like,"tango down"? cause every time i shoot one and try to look if he's dead somebody else puts a bullet in my head :)

Hi guys,

UltimateBawb reported this, which I completely agree with:

AI Pilots in Attack Helicopters

The AI behavior when flying attack helicopters is extremely unrealistic, they only strafe targets. Attack helicopters are supposed to stay at a distance to fire on enemies, not do low flybys like jets. This is really immersion breaking when I see a pair of AH-99's fly 50m overhead. Not only does it limit the amount of time they can fire on targets, it also makes them vulnerable to small arms fire and generally anything else.

Is there a ticket for this? I'll make on if not, it needs to be fixed

Is someone good with AI could rewrite the way the attack choppers do attack. Yes they should stay at distance, hovering at minimal altitude and engage.

Here is the thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167070-AI-Pilots-in-Attack-Helicopters