max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

For the love of all that is holy, please create a mod that changes the fake vehicle/weapon names to real ones. It is quite difficult for me to remember these fake vehicles names. For example Slammer instead of Merkava and Blackfoot instead of Comanche. I do appreciate that the fake names are related to the real names like Blackfoot Native Americans rather than Comanche Native Americans. (I am part Blackfoot) Still, it is hard to remember what is what with these strange fictional names.

It is 2035, you know...The Comanche program was scrapped IRL, so calling the helicopter by its contemporary name just doesn't gel. Like anything new, it takes time to get used to. More time in game exposed to these names and you will remember. Please don't ask for fundamental game concepts to be changed for want of an exercise in memory.

I have no idea how to mod, so heres my idea for some clever dick to impliment.

take the darter drone, increase its size, make one variant with a HMG as the turret. another variant as a logistics drone. i.e. no turret, just an inventory and extended fuel tanks for long range resupply/kill missions (add VAS to it for complete resupply options. or not).

re-model the 2 variants to look appropriate.

obviously with increased size, they should be more vulnerable to enemy fire hence balancing the addition of a turret so there not too OP. and of course, neither variant could be backpackable.

and.... GO!!!

tell me when your done :P

Great Idea! But, I think its already been done like in HAWX 2. (by the way, how come you have been warned?!?)

DayZ3

I have a serious question. I realize that 2017 is working on a mod "not" DayZ affiliated for A3; however, I was wondering how hard it would be to take the DayZ code from A2 and setup a "DayZ" using ONLY Arma 3 content (this includes custom mods such as RH pistol pack etc.)

I think this would be amazing to have on Altis and want to set something up but just wondering how hard it would be.

I checked through quite a few pages and looked and I saw a couple general requests for a scar but specifically:

I would love to see the FN SCAR H in a couple colour schemes (black, desert etc) chambered in the real life 7.62 compatible will all stable release optics and attachments. (including a 7.62 supressor)

I would even be willing to pay someone for their time in making this for me

Edited by Baddazs

hello everyone, i notice -like all of you- the opfor and indipendent don't have antimine tanks so why somebody doesn't make a T100 with two blade in front like the M1A1 w/TWMP and on a AFV4 Gorgon the same blade of the styker M1132.

Thank you:D

It is a suggestion for modders:

It would be nice to have a SCAR-L and a SCAR-H in ARMA 3. I know that some will say to put those from ARMA 2 in ARMA 3 but what about the people who don't have ARMA 2?

basically imagine Medal of Honor warfighter - all those T1 groups - I know & I have most of the SF mods on Armaholic for A3, but I would like to see the likes of the Norwegian FSK/HJK, GROM, KSK :) I would also like to see more SF variety, they all seem to have the same skull balaclava ;) what about the mix match clothes, and most importantly - THE BEARDS :) not all SF look in tip top appearance, so If someone could make a beard mod I would love you forever : )

It is a suggestion for modders:

It would be nice to have a SCAR-L and a SCAR-H in ARMA 3. I know that some will say to put those from ARMA 2 in ARMA 3 but what about the people who don't have ARMA 2?

You could wait for the upcoming model release from BI -- releasing Arma 2 source files for modders to make "derivative works" (read: mods) for Arma 3 with; if it includes OA source files as well, then you can expect Mk 16/Mk 17 (SCAR-L/SCAR-H) source files to be part of that release. :D

I was just curious if anyone would be interested in me making either of these weapons. If I get at least a few people interested in one or both I'll give it a go!

And yes I know these images are from airsoft :P

M4 with ABS Guardian is a great looking weapon!

Here's a link to what it would look like if you are unfamiliar with the Guardian.

http://hotspotairsoft.com/catalog/images/1dcf84f5a96395812668f842b3b12833.image.733x550.jpg

OR

M4 MFR(Modular Float Rail) Also badass!

http://www.airsplat.com/Images/ER-E1-DD-MFR12.jpg

Any thoughts guys?!

I would definitely love to see any high quality M4 models, beats the MX Rifles we have stock right now because BIS is not adding any M4/M-16s for Arma 3 form what I know. And a 50cal Beowulf maybe?

p.s. I miss my old issued M4 with ACOG, and all the goofy stuff I jerry-rigged to it, like my duck taped mag light because I was too cheap to spend money on proper parts lol...wouldn't mind seeing that in game ;)

Dave,

I for one would like a small config file as an addon that increases the amount of stamina a solider has, particularly the distance they have.

If that's not possible then a small addon to disable the stamina is also acceptable, saves having to do it every time in a mission as people can't seem to sprint more than 100m.

soldier2390, you can go look to the already released FHQ M4 and MK 18 MOD 1 mods. ;) (The latter mod also includes a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II.)

Hi, is it possible to create more weapons addons, like flash suppressor or laser but the one you can see at day time and etc.? It would be nice to see this small addon in arma and in MP.

Here's a request that's a bit different...

Is it possible for someone to make an addon/scripts that records all the actions of entities in a game so that it can be played back later and viewed from any angle?

Basically what I'm thinking of is 'After Action Review' (AAR) as seen in VBS2.

It doesn't matter if ballistics calculations or physx don't match exactly as the outcome is already defined. I guess this means playback might be a bit jumpy for some situations like ragdoll and physx.

Oh my god. You guys start your own thread! Your taking over! Soldier is the only one that actually really contributed...

BadHabitz, I will definitely think about making a SCAR if I can't find one for you!

Soldier2390, that actually would be cool to have some sort of jerry rigged M4 like that, but I don't know if I can make a gun with a flashlight as part of it! I could make a whole new attachment but I really don't want to go that far.

Right now I'm almost does with a Basic M4 From there I can make virtually any variation possible. I was actually thinking about making all the parts then uploading. Then people could change and remove various pieces and make there own combo!

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

http://zachgibson22.deviantart.com/art/M4-2-WIP-406675282

http://zachgibson22.deviantart.com/art/M4-WIP-406675164

a Mega Parachute Script For Arma 3

i was wondering someone can make a mega parachute script, I'm Trying To Create A Red dawn campaign With Chinese Soldiers Invading The AAf Island its a wip but the script will put it close. it's Epic. Civ Resistance fighting off to protect the home they love while the Asian communist's try to enforce order and take over

It would help if you guys can make an north Korean units and vehicles and the logos on them. Thanks

Edited by Quandell

OPFOR Units! There are none worth grabbing at the moment.

Insurgent Style:

Afghan Taliban

Chechnya Rebels

Somali Insurgents

Standing Armies:

North Korea

China

Iran

Some type of opfor units please!

It is 2035, you know...The Comanche program was scrapped IRL, so calling the helicopter by its contemporary name just doesn't gel. Like anything new, it takes time to get used to. More time in game exposed to these names and you will remember. Please don't ask for fundamental game concepts to be changed for want of an exercise in memory.

If the Comanche came back, it would still be called the same. It would not get a new name for updgrades or coming back from being canceled. S the request is perfectly valid and will hopefully be fullfilled.

If the Comanche came back, it would still be called the same. It would not get a new name for updgrades or coming back from being canceled.

Not necessarily.

Case and point being the YF-17 "Cobra" which competed against the F-16 in the USAF's Lightweight Fighter programme. It was eventually scaled up a little bit and optimised as a multi-role Naval aircraft to become the F/A-18 "Hornet".