max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Command and Conquer Tiberium universe would be perfect in this 2030's setting. Considering Tiberian Sun (and Firestorm) took place in the 2030's. Guess if I get the motivation I could do it, but if anyone's up for making a few basic retextures for TibSun era GDI, Brotherhood of Nod, and The Forgotten, feel free. Will give references. Sadly it'd have to be without walker-type units. Perhaps could be an alternate-reality TibSun or something.

I still gotta keep working on my TibDawn stuff for the previous games, but know that Arma 3 is a perfect setting for TibSun onward. Already got some ideas for starting re-textures until modelers come in to help. But wanted to throw out this 'request' I guess for some placeholder units.

Edited by Revan9190

Maybe I missed it but an updated "editor addon" to have all/most objects like trees, bushes, rocks etc. in editor.

/KC

Hi folks, just a quick one, has there been or is anyone thinking of making a Gurkha units mod/addon?

Seems as though they are the forgotten faction in the Arma series who have a rich military/combat history.

From a personal viewpoint, I think they would be very popular with the Arma community. Any thoughts?

Edited by PurePassion
post moved ;)

Only thing we need:

http://imgur.com/WAGXhy2

Haha. That would be epic.

I haven't seen anything that adds the feature to have a weapon slung in front of your unit when switching to a side arm. Maybe also have the ability to lean up against walls or shoot blindly around the corner, kinda like what smookies SMK animations pack did for A2

I've never seen a business jet or learjet in this game before. Can anybody be kind as to make one?

I was thinking of perhaps having a slightly lower tech external force, quite fleshed out, a bit along the lines of PRACS for A2, I would like to have a go at making it myself, but I have only just learnt how to start modeling.

I'm thinking more of some World War 1 mod! It would be awesome, just do some rifles, machinegun and uniforms and there it is, entrenched map is needles!

I have a request for what will be a pretty damned cool mod: A 60mm M224 Knee Mortar System. The mortars in vanilla and ACE for ArmA 2 weren't that great. The vanilla were too easy to use and the ACE were much too hard and and took too long to set-up, adjust, and fire.

I'd like to see a knee mortar as an object you drop on the ground from your backpack(weighted appropriately) and has a firing system much like the 40mm grenade launchers. PGUP and PGDN would increase it's range in 50m increments from 100-1000m. The rounds are carried by and dropped in by the shooter. Here is all the content I have found on this knee mortar system in the previous months(including video of them in action recently):

http://wlstorage.net/file/us-60mm-motrar-m224-1998.pdf - Specifically pages "002 00-3" and "009 00-3".

M225.gif

NATO Fennek, GMG, HMG, and unarmed versions.

This:

0.jpg

NATO textures for the Strider from early builds, as it was not yet assigned to AAF are still included in one of the .pbos. One should probably just unlock the content.

Yeah I found the texture. I just have no idea how to script it into a separate vehicle for NATO.

Camo faces?

More Facial hair and longer head hair modeled not textured flat on to the faces :(

I wish to have long luscious locks as i ride in to battle :')

From a realism stand point civilians want look like chavs or soldiers in civvies.

And super duper SF Soldiers can rock the long hair approach too :)

I would like to request some good bullet/rocket/destruction decals. When a tank shell or bomb hits the ground--there should be a scar there.

Likewise, if I shoot a vehicle/wall with my weapon, I want to see quality bullet holes, damage.

Yeah I found the texture. I just have no idea how to script it into a separate vehicle for NATO.

Yeah, but it's really not that color. It's the color of the Hunter (olive drab).

> Ropes <

I know someone always wants those at some point. Be it for a fast-rope script, towing or whatever else.

Now, ArmA3 does already have a rope object (probably meant as decoration for certain buildings as it is insanely huge).

The problem with rope objects always is that they're very rigid and now I'm sure we can't do much about that unless someone knows how to put those physics to a good use. (which I doubt will be easy for this specific thing, so I don't really consider that an option)

However, here's the idea.:

I'm not a modeller and I don't know all the details there BUT, I do know that models can have animations and that those can be controlled via script quite acurately.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/animate

Would it be possible for someone here to create a simple rope-object that includes an animation to change the length of the rope?

An object like that could be insanely useful for any rope-related scripts.

Any thoughts on that?

ps.: To whoever moved this into "requests": I wanted to actually discuss the matter instead of just requesting it. This subforum is labelled to be for discussions after all!.

Edited by Tajin
bleh...