max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Been working on a Race Script/Mod for some time now.

The initial idea is not to make a MOD out of it. Just a (small) script which can then be used by anyone in combination with any map/mod.

It will mainly provide 4 race types:

• Race without damage
  • Race with damage
  • Race with driver & gunner without damage (only allowed to shoot in front of vehicle, hits slow down opponents)
  • Race with driver & gunner with damage.

Some of the main features:

[x] Voting system for vehicle type

[x] Vehicles must stay on road (on/off)

[x] Vehicle reset

[x] As many players as Arma 3 allows

[x] Race timer

[x] Race results

[x] X seconds left to finish when first player finishes

[x] Spectator mode for finished & JIP players

[x] Checkpoint system

[x] Smoke screen

[x] Damange enabled/disabled

[x] Trigger: Explosions

[x] Trigger: Start music

[x] Trigger: Enable/Disable must stay on road

[x] Trigger: Spawning of traffic

[ ] 2nd Race type: Each vehicle get's a driver and gunner.

[ ] Vote race type

[ ] Vote damage

[ ] Multiple laps

And a preview (AI is just for testing perpose, they are no match ofcourse and will not be included in release):

I'm going to release it as soon as all those features are done/tested. If are fairly familiar with arma scripting and interested in this project I am still looking for help with the script since I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. Send me a PM if interested.

Dazza: I have a simple request, and I hope some people might agree to this.

Is there a way to create a small mod in which the time it takes to heal either yourself or a teammate is extended? It helps with realism as it takes a lot longer than 10 seconds to take a med kit from your backpack, tie a tourniquet or bandage around the wound etc. The time it even takes to heal a teammate who may have taken more serious damage will be much longer.

Maybe something like 30-45 seconds to heal yourself, and 5-10 minutes to heal a downed teammate who has been incapacitated?

I hope people would agree that this will totally reshape the realism experience and gaming experience, as you now have to take into consideration that you must secure a safe area to treat the wounded, and to ensure that it may take a long time for the medic to do his work (as in real life).

Maybe this can be done? Im sure it cant take too long to script a repeating animation and extend the healing time for an incapacitated unit.

Cheers!

look into ACE - advanced combat environment, as i understand it, it does what youre asking plus alot more. i've seen vids where someone would spend minutes trying to stop bleeding and revive someone (feels like = minutes in combat x 100)

Edited by dr_strangepete

has anyone started to make any maps for arma 3?

and maybe same scale as altis?

REQUEST:

U.S Border Patrol Agents and BORTAC,"Border Patrol Tactical Unit"(basically the Equivalent of SWAT). I know a lot of people think Border Patrol just stops illegal immigrants but they are often getting into firefights with Cartel "Rip Crews" who are sent out to kidnap people and kill BP agents. Some people even consider it a war on terror. BORTAC are the guys who are sent into cartel safe houses and things like that.

--BORTAC PIC--

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/chaseh27/media/071211-F-5667C-008_zpsa4fbc077.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

--Agents on ATV's--

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/chaseh27/media/us-mexico-border-patrol-agents-have-sweet-rides_zps2b745fb7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

--One of Many Different types of vehicles used by BP--

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/chaseh27/media/raptorbp_zpsd7d24342.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Hopefully someon at least makes some simple units.

If someone could make an A-6E Intruder, that would be absolutely lovely. Carrier capabilities would be nice, with the tail hook and all. Willing to donate if someone wants to get it started.

Dynamic View Distance..

This is really directed at the very talented mod/addon maker ‘tpw’ regarding his great ‘dvd’ mod from A2.

_________

Tpw:

I have just tried your ‘dvd’ mod in A3, just as it is, dropped in the pbo and user config, didn’t alter anything. Now there are so many players having problems, I get asked how I’m getting good fps etc on my old A2 system, not sure myself why.

But I’m sure your great dvd mod might help some players out. It ran really smooth on the ground but a little choppy in the air with the vd changes, however as said, I didn’t alter any user configs, so may well just need that.

Would you consider porting it to A3 if its possible, I think it would be a big help to quite a few players..

_________

I will pm him too in a few days if no reply, but thought it proper to post here first and wait..

EDIT: Tpw don’t worry I’m not using it, just took it back out, I don’t need it myself (yet, but who knows). It was just a quick thought that it might really help some players out with performance..:)

Edited by ChrisB

As it seems there wont be fastrope on transport choppers (and apparently the dev wont add it), can someone create a simple fastrope script?

Thanks.

As it seems there wont be fastrope on transport choppers (and apparently the dev wont add it), can someone create a simple fastrope script?

Thanks.

Script or addon? if you ask for a script you'll likely get a stack of flagpoles that magicly drop you from the sky....

Addon request:

The FN Fire Control Unit- it's a fire control system for grenade launchers that allows precise shooting. Normal grenade launchers have a precision of 25m/50m at best(In ArmA 3 there seem to be 100m increments if I remember correctly)

This allows pinpoint precision for firing the grenade launcher, and doubles as a rangefinder.

Link: http://www.fnherstal.com/primary-menu/products-capabilities/fire-control-systems/general/product/266/298/266/8/_/fn-fcutm-850n.html

Basically its operation is: Aim at the target and click on the button, it will show you the range from target in a small display and it will calculate a proper firing angle and then you have to angle the rifle so that the moving red reticle is centered/aligns with another reticle.

It's probably similar to ataboo's Xm-25 mod : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155104-ataboo-s-XM-25-Airbursting-Grenade-Launcher-(ATA_xm25)

Helly Everybody,

as the setting of Arma 3 allows us to think out of the box and develop things that aren't there yet, some of you modders might be looking for ideas.

I found this fun little tool to "configure" your own weapons: http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/app.php

Here's my quick example what you can do with this (just a 5-minutes work): myweaponfp.jpg

Maybe the community here can use this tool to develop some cool ideas for future rifles, for the modders to use.

Note: I didn't develop this tool nor do I know the developer, but if you like it, feel free to donate

Best regards

Toxx

Thanks.

Like this?

Korean War mod, with stuff all the way from when North Korea went in full force instead of the normal rice paddie raids in 1950, to the UN offensive and back to Panmunjom.

Like this?

Yeah, like that or like norrin's script (the same as the one in ADuke helo pack for ArmA 2).

However, it would definitely be better if dev could make it in vanilla version...

Would love to see the shemagh/Keffiyeh scarf added if possible, all variations of colors and fittings (Around neck, full face cover etc).

So these badass bikes are being tested by the U.S. Special Forces at the moment and I think would be a great vehicle addition to Arma 3. This is my first Addon request, so here it goes. I think this will be a great assest to utilize on the new map coming out on release for small Special Forces style mission play. It would be nice to be able to have this quiet vehicle for clandestine operation play, especially since BI added the heli that is modeled after the SF Helicopters used to stay undetected. This way you have a small vehicle, 4 wheeler, for more conventional mission play, and have a silent motorcycle like shown below for a more clandestine game play. The bike also has the capability to work while completely submerged 1 meter, so this could be a cool way to utilize the new ability to move through the water with some of the amphibious game play as well.

Here is a picture of the bike.

zero-mmx-660.jpg

And a article talking about some of its capabilities.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/06/10/zero-motorcycles-testing-stealth-bike-for-u-s-special-forces/

Couple of requests here....

A HUD enhancement mod...for those of us recruits....basically, I have a hard time seeing that faded red circle on enemy troops...perhaps something to make it more solid and visible? And also waypoints/objectives are usually barely visible text....something to get that to lose its transparency at least? A highlighter at best :D

And for my other request, an "front target" helmet cam module. Using the current modules, I can set my self up to receive a feed, and I can set a soldier as the camera...but if I do not set a target, and want to just see what he sees, I can't, it seems to stare at me. So the module (or edit of current source module) would set it to just look generically from the front of the soldiers helmet.

This has probably been made, but black MX series?

I saw one on the screenshot thread:

Here

However, it was noted as "Personal Retexture stuff"

Can anyone make Black MX series rifles for public use.

It would be nice to see Metal Gear or any other fighting robot!

metal_gear_solid___metal_gear_rex_by_mrgameboy2012-d54u976.png

http://gotps3.ru/files/_images/metal_gear_solid_4_guns_of_the__331428080.jpg (147 kB)

I want to make the Arabian city a long time, but I can not do maps. Maybe someone can make an empty and a flat map? I think it's not very hard to do this. Many users will be able to make towns and bases in editor on this map.

I think an Irish Defense Forces mod would be awesome. They are currently in EU mainly doing peacekeeping operations so maybe they could be in a peacekeeping scenario in the Mediterranean. Also, I believe in the Arma 3 story line, EU crumbles so maybe Ireland could join NATO. It is really up to the creator of the mod but basically they would either be in the Independent faction, or the BLUFOR faction. I think the new Greek Independent faction that is coming with Beta would work perfectly for a simple re-texture. For NATO, the factions would be fine to do a re-texture but they seem a lot more high-tech than what Ireland would possibly have. If there is a way to re-texture the new Greek faction when it comes out on the 25 of June as some IDF units and move it to the NATO faction, that would probably look the best and be more realistic. Also, some one could of course make a proper Irish Defense Forces mod, not just a re-texture of existing units, but I doubt anyone would want to do that. I don't really know how difficult that is to do. The IDF's Facebook page has plenty of cool pis to use as reference for anyone willing to do this. Thank you to anyone who makes this!

It would be nice to see Metal Gear or any other fighting robot!

Unfortunately, animating such a thing is a problem.

I would LOVE to get an M4 and M16 chambered with the 6.5mm. What I'm thinking is, get the Katiba and Katiba Carbine and model the M16 and M4 over them, give the two weapons the MX soundbites as well as have them fire red tracers over green (since we're using the Katiba as the base). I would like this so my gaming clan and I could get a fighting edge over the opfor as well as an aesthetically pleasing weapon ;).

I think an Irish Defense Forces mod would be awesome. They are currently in EU mainly doing peacekeeping operations so maybe they could be in a peacekeeping scenario in the Mediterranean. Also, I believe in the Arma 3 story line, EU crumbles so maybe Ireland could join NATO. It is really up to the creator of the mod but basically they would either be in the Independent faction, or the BLUFOR faction. I think the new Greek Independent faction that is coming with Beta would work perfectly for a simple re-texture. For NATO, the factions would be fine to do a re-texture but they seem a lot more high-tech than what Ireland would possibly have. If there is a way to re-texture the new Greek faction when it comes out on the 25 of June as some IDF units and move it to the NATO faction, that would probably look the best and be more realistic. Also, some one could of course make a proper Irish Defense Forces mod, not just a re-texture of existing units, but I doubt anyone would want to do that. I don't really know how difficult that is to do. The IDF's Facebook page has plenty of cool pis to use as reference for anyone willing to do this. Thank you to anyone who makes this!

Who knows mate....who knows ;)