max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Thermal imaging scopes or nv scopes with 12x magnification. Would be awesome for night ops to have this for the sniper squads or recon squads

EDIT TO ADD: a 556 silencer/suppressor

Edited by J_Thompson

Not at all - simply implying, content diversity adds more value to the game and provides players, new and old, with more avenues for creativity.

Although I'm unfamiliar with Arma tools, I know how much time it takes to create custom work; I created official content as a level designer for the game Insurgency, an award-winning HL2 mod published through Steam, and I'm aware how much free time modding takes up.

You may have missed this line: "Goes without saying, anything made by the community is much appreciated given the tremendous amount of time it takes to produce quality work."

The BlUFOR/OPFOR addon ratio is about 80% to 20% throughout the Arma series. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

And what I'm saying is content diversity is irrelevant to mod making.

There's a difference between stating, "I would like to see some different things" and "I think you should make some different things because of x". It's fine if you want something, maybe some mod maker out there wants to see that something too. But don't try to convince me that I want to spend the next weeks / months / years doing something because someone thinks there's too many m4s out there. I'm quite sure that at least the people who are making m4s don't care much about that, and if they're the only ones making rifles then I'm sure your feedback isn't very inspiring.

Edited by Max Power

What I would really like is:

Some sort of script that populates buildings with objects.

There are templates out there which enable mission makers to put down airports or bases, but what I'm talking about is something which assesses all of the types of building in a town and populates the buildings with various objects (like furniture!!) that you would expect to find in certain buildings. This would mean, mission makers wouldn't have to spend hours placing objects, and players wouldn't have to keep entering houses that are devoid of any anything indicates the presence of life.

Maybe it can't be done, but you would please thousands of players if it could be done.

Thanx

Lighty.

Seeing the fact that the islands are greek and that stratis has an ancient greek thing in th esouth of the island it would be really cool too see melee combat by the greek ancient soldiers

here are some pics

http://www.talismancoins.com/catalog/Spartan_Hoplite.jpg

http://www.chiddingstone.kent.sch.uk/homework/greece/soldier.jpg

first one is spartan second one is athens

Is it possible to have Melee in Arma 3 because there is a mod that adds knights and melee swords in arma 2

My one request would be a Mission Testing Gun, aka, God Gun, that causes artillery to fall at the point aimed at, or by some other fashion causes massive explosive damage to your target. Mission testing is far more efficient when you can quickly destroy things. The proposed weapon ought to at a minimum have excellent zoom, either just by regular zoom, or through a scope, and if NV or thermal sights are added, even better. "R_80mm_HE" is a good round to use for the explosion.

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/

Well this is going to be interesting... imagine how far this is progressed in 2035? Not sure if this there is a way to do that, but if any modder would make some 'proof of concept' it'd be awesome!

The last 5-6 years in which I played ArmA I mostly played missions where I took over reconnaissance jobs with a small squad, I loved the adrenaline of not getting detected while sneaking through enemie lines, giving coordinates for strikes towards support squads and taking out small units as silent as possible. This would bring reconnaissance to a new level, either a good one because of the new chances or a bad one, because it gets easier. But a good Recon soldier shouldn't get seen, no matter if he uses "normal camouflage" or stealth camouflage :)

http://www.hyperstealth.com/Quantum-Stealth/

Well this is going to be interesting... imagine how far this is progressed in 2035?

My guess is fuck all, that site is bullshit; so far the most they've been able to hide (as of research shown a week ago) by scattering light is about 2-3 microns (the size of a single skin cell)

So in 20 years i would guess they would have made it capable to hide something the size of your finger nail...

A better or more artistic representation of NVGs (viewing through them) I just don't like Arma's default which creates a disconnect for me, there was a great mod in Arma2 that was full screen circular blurred complete with dust and scratches which made me feel like I was wearing NV and not the same old diving snorkel with green tint :) same for tracers, they've improved from arma 2 but still have the laser gun feel about them, or I wonder if low settings may effect them?

My guess is fuck all, that site is bullshit; so far the most they've been able to hide (as of research shown a week ago) by scattering light is about 2-3 microns (the size of a single skin cell)

So in 20 years i would guess they would have made it capable to hide something the size of your finger nail...

the technology will be advanced quite a bit in the next 10 to 20 years. Those guys are cranks though. The real science works. And they're up to a pencil already. ;)

bolt action sniper rifles that can be manually fed one bullet at a time if needed or use mags. and bipods.

Could someone please make a mod to tone down the terrible recoil for SP ?

It doesn't look that hard to addon with that command : setUnitRecoilCoefficient(x0.5 for instance) applied to everyone in the game.

But I'm not a modder, so I can't do much for myself...

Calling Mandoble, Calling Mandoble....come in please!

Wow, just heard he may not be coming back for anymore Arma development, is this true????

If it is, thats awful news...and we lose the great tradition that is Mando Air Support Console & Mando Bombs.

Seems there are too many of the older developers leaving this past year :-(

Oh, another request: Arabic/Persian Voice. I don't care if it's Arabian, Pashtun, Persian or what ever. Everything is better for OPFOR than british accent-english :D

M16 and M4 pack please!!!

There is already: M16 and M4

broken links!

I'd like to see bigger naval units as wel. :)

A big fleet would be cool. :D

UPDATE: lts Thomas, i have fixed the links up for you

Ranwer ;)

Calling Mandoble, Calling Mandoble....come in please!

Wow, just heard he may not be coming back for anymore Arma development, is this true????

If it is, thats awful news...and we lose the great tradition that is Mando Air Support Console & Mando Bombs.

Seems there are too many of the older developers leaving this past year :-(

This, if true, is very sad news indeed! The Mando stuff was amazing! Come back Mandoble!

Oh, another request: Arabic/Persian Voice. I don't care if it's Arabian, Pashtun, Persian or what ever. Everything is better for OPFOR than british accent-english :D

There is already: M16 and M4

I'm pretty sure BIS will add proper language to the factions soon (All factions excl. german KSK had their own language in A2 + A2OA) , so it'd be a wasted effort imo considering the large amount of work related in creating a custom radio protocol.

Seeing the fact that the islands are greek and that stratis has an ancient greek thing in th esouth of the island it would be really cool too see melee combat by the greek ancient soldiers

here are some pics

first one is spartan second one is athens

Rydygiers melee script works in A3 too (I've allready tried) so with ProfTs greek weapons / armor this might be an possibility. But I want to finish the mod for A2 first.

Edited by Icewindo

An An-12 please, with a beat up gun runners appearance

I think we've been teased with the possibility a few times over the years but I'm yet to see one.

And an Australian Hawkei.

An An-12 please, with a beat up gun runners appearance

I think we've been teased with the possibility a few times over the years but I'm yet to see one.

Like this one? The VTN mod is working on it from what I see.

And an Australian Hawkei.

I believe there's one WIP Hawkei being done already by OCB.