max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

You are aware this is an ALPHA, and the 2 things you requested are planned for the full game...... I don't see why you would expect a modder to waste time build features the game is scheduled to have......

I requested one thing (a fixed wing aircraft) and I've seen people on YouTube with fixed wing planes in Arma 3 but they don't explain how to import from A2. What I'm saying is "I WANT IT NAO!" not upon release which will likely be in 2014 (not dissing BIS but seeing the amount of detail that went into Alpha I can't imagine Q3 2013 is realistic... for any dev).

as for mod requests. I think CCTV would be a great addition and a nice showcase for the pip tech used in Arma 3.

I think that's well above the maximum sizes for objects. Someone could do it in pieces but you wouldn't be sailing anywhere.

I think the only purpose it would even have in arma would be for objective use anyway, i don't see a Cruise ship having much of a practical use as a ship.

I requested one thing (a fixed wing aircraft) and I've seen people on YouTube with fixed wing planes in Arma 3 but they don't explain how to import from A2. What I'm saying is "I WANT IT NAO!" not upon release which will likely be in 2014 (not dissing BIS but seeing the amount of detail that went into Alpha I can't imagine Q3 2013 is realistic... for any dev).
TL;DR: Use the modfolder method from Arma 2, except this time the PBO files are the vanilla Arma 2 PBO files. :D For example, if my Steam folder is in my Games directory... then I would create a modfolder named @A2 in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\ and then copy the AddOns folder from C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\ and copy the AddOns folder to the @A2 modfolder inside my Arma 3 directory... the result is C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 3\@A2\AddOns with the Arma 2 PBO files inside.

Note that you do have to delete a number of those PBO files and their respective BISIGN files, namely editor, ui, UIFonts, modules and anims from the modfolder in order for Arma 3 to load correctly. (For example, delete editor.pbo, editor.pbo.bi.bisign and editor.pbo.bi2.bisign; repeat this with ui, UIFonts, modules and anims.) Finally, to use the modfolder method with Steam (if your A2 experience was not on Steam) then right-click on the Arma 3 Alpha entry in your Steam Library, select Properties, and click the Set Launch Options button -- in the field, add "-mod=@A2", then click OK, click Close and then run the game.

Warning: said fixed-wing aircraft are buggy in the sense that they still lack certain functionalities.

@ Scarecrow398 : Can the cruise ship even be scripted so that its pieces could move around together? If not... then if it's got modeled interiors it sounds like it's large enough to act as a combat location in its own right... I can see the CO-OP mission description now: BLUFOR or OPFOR is using a cruise ship to "hide" a high-value objective, use MH-9s (BLUFOR) or Ka-60s (OPFOR) and Assault Boats to insert troops to raid the ship, overcome the opposing troops onboard and secure the objective! :D

What about a Fast Rope Script? Some ultra great modder like Feint could do that easily, I guess :D I've seen a few for A2OA, but can't wait to fast rope down into Agia Marina. :)

What about a Fast Rope Script? Some ultra great modder like Feint could do that easily, I guess :D I've seen a few for A2OA, but can't wait to fast rope down into Agia Marina. :)

Something i'd enjoy too but IMO i'd rather wait for

A) a decent aircraft to fast rope from in the first place for Blufor.

and

B) Physx support in Oxygen to get some nice looking ropes that don't look like flag poles....

I think the only purpose it would even have in arma would be for objective use anyway, i don't see a Cruise ship having much of a practical use as a ship.

When you're asking someone to model a floating city in their spare time, I really doubt that practicality is one of the parameters.

My List V2:

1.A North Korea/South Korea border map maybe scaled down with a border city like Kaesong.

2.A map of the northern areas of Alaska would be pretty cool.

3.Heavy Ballistic Vests

4.An array of shotguns.

5.I'd really like to see a script or mod of some sort that gives the ability to breach buildings via door which is locked. Would make it a little more realistic clearing a building.

6.And just for the hell of it and because I know no one will ever do it, I'd like to see a heavy bomber like a B-52. Because bomber.

Way more Scopes, Reddots and Reticles. Example: Schmidt&Bender 1,5-6x20 PM ShortDot, Horus Reticles H25 and H37. individualisation! Customizing!

Would it be possible for a mod like OKT NO BLUR, but for SSAO Ambient Occlusion. I love the "normal" setting for post processing, but I hate SSAO because it adds in a weird sort of lag to mouse control.

I'd like an island map with an underwater city. I think it could be fun to fight in and explore.

Abs

A map. A map of Coronado island off the coast of San Diego, CA.

Spanning from Point Loma in the north to Imperial Beach in the south and some representation of coastal San Diego (obviously no need for big buildings).

Think of this as the A3 equivalent of Phaeden's AWESOME 29 Palms map.

OPFOR units. Pleeeease.

I started playing back in the OFP days and noticed this trend seems to carry throughout the Arma series. It's understandable the Arma community is very diverse and everyone wants to play as their own country, but when 75% of the addons produced are reskins of the exact same thing (e.g. ACU or Bundeswehr uniforms), game content isn't progressing much further.

Goes without saying, anything made by the community is much appreciated given the tremendous amount of time it takes to produce quality work.

A good example of OPFOR diversity would be the Russian units recently made - fantastic! Adds a completely different perspective to the game and allows editors to be much more flexible in creating plausible scenarios. The additional weapons added made the game feel "fresh".

The following would be great to see:

- Chinese PLA units; in line with the storyline of Arma3 (hordes of Eastern armies, etc.). Considering they're already significantly more advanced than Iranian forces, PLA units would seem much more realistic and allow greater diversity in high-tech weaponry/equipment. In my mind with vanilla Arma3, I just imagine the Iranians gear is produced by allied China.

- Pakistani units; also in line with the storyline, when you consider which nations would be either allied with, or absorbed by, a resurgent Iran.

- Misc. Eastern armies that would plausibly align with Iran.

• Like 1

Hey all just started testing out DFS_Cartridges for Armed Assault in Arma 3.. so far so good .. I havent seen any errors so far.

Deadfast,

Is there any hope to get this updated?? I really hope you wouldnt mind revisiting this mod for us(community of beggers!! lol) I have been struggling how to spread out the casings a little bit.. if you stay in one spot for a while, shooting, the casings pile up in a Square shape. its kinda ugly.. And i couldnt ever get the vehicles ammo casings to show up. Any update or help would be much Loved!!

Anywho, I personally look forward to some staying brass in Arma 3..

Thanks for the original mod and any future plans, Thank you!!

I started playing back in the OFP days and noticed this trend seems to carry throughout the Arma series. It's understandable the Arma community is very diverse and everyone wants to play as their own country, but when 75% of the addons produced are reskins of the exact same thing (e.g. ACU or Bundeswehr uniforms), game content isn't progressing much further.

Are you suggesting it's an addon maker's duty to 'progress the game'? I'm just asking because I really thought that I was supposed to use my free time to enjoy myself.

Would be great if there's a mod that brings back the more traditional weapons like M4, M16, MP5, P90 :D

Thanks

Specific emphasis on M16A2/M16A4 pretty please.

Specific emphasis on M16A2/M16A4 pretty please.
You're late to the party. :p

Also, for the M4 types there's Alwarren's FHQ M4 pack ("pack" since there's a 'standard' black M4 type plus desert, woodland and winter/urban camouflage versions).

I'd really like to see a (hopefully simple) mod of the original MX rifle(s) with shell casings ejecting again, like it originally was at E3. I can't stand this whole new "caseless ammo" deal, especially when this could've been done with a simple graphics option to turn off visible ejecting shells, leaving us with a choice.

After getting into editing myself and doing some research, I've quickly found an easy way to achieve this with a simple config.bin/.cpp edit since there already is actual 6.5x39 ammo with shell casings and therefore a seperate model/animation just like the 7.62 etc.

Now I understand why everyone loves Arma modding/editing so much, and I couldn't be happier :)

Seeing the fact that the islands are greek and that stratis has an ancient greek thing in th esouth of the island it would be really cool too see melee combat by the greek ancient soldiers

here are some pics

Spartan_Hoplite.jpg

soldier.jpg

first one is spartan second one is athens

Are you suggesting it's an addon maker's duty to 'progress the game'? I'm just asking because I really thought that I was supposed to use my free time to enjoy myself.

Not at all - simply implying, content diversity adds more value to the game and provides players, new and old, with more avenues for creativity.

Although I'm unfamiliar with Arma tools, I know how much time it takes to create custom work; I created official content as a level designer for the game Insurgency, an award-winning HL2 mod published through Steam, and I'm aware how much free time modding takes up.

You may have missed this line: "Goes without saying, anything made by the community is much appreciated given the tremendous amount of time it takes to produce quality work."

The BlUFOR/OPFOR addon ratio is about 80% to 20% throughout the Arma series. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.