max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Are you sure about that? There were plenty of replacement packs in ARMA 2.

" Everyone would have to download this to play with you. "

Are you sure about that? There were plenty of replacement packs in ARMA 2.

Yes I am sure.

" Everyone would have to download this to play with you. "

That really isn't explaining why this would be any different from ARMA 2 replacement packs. I was able to replace units in game and no one else had to download that... Do you guys just not recognize what a replacement pack is or is there a reason why that is not gonna happen in ARMA 3? A replacement pack is different from an ADD-ON as a Replacement pack allows me to replace the textures I see and not add a different unit. There are already replacement packs made for ARMA 3. So please explain more or stop saying "It wouldn't work" without telling me why it wouldn't work.

Just in case you aren't sure what a replacement pack is here is an example:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14868

That replaces the units I see in game, but anyone playing with me does not need to have that pack. It only changes how I see the Delta Operators.

That really isn't explaining why this would be any different from ARMA 2 replacement packs. I was able to replace units in game and no one else had to download that... Do you guys just not recognize what a replacement pack is or is there a reason why that is not gonna happen in ARMA 3? A replacement pack is different from an ADD-ON as a Replacement pack allows me to replace the textures I see and not add a different unit. There are already replacement packs made for ARMA 3. So please explain more or stop saying "It wouldn't work" without telling me why it wouldn't work.

Just in case you aren't sure what a replacement pack is here is an example:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14868

That replaces the units I see in game, but anyone playing with me does not need to have that pack. It only changes how I see the Delta Operators.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148066-Canadian-Armed-Forces-Modification-ARMA-III

I have some idea of how ARMA 3 works already. If you know so much why request it. Just do it your self champ.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

It won't work because the opfor use different models* (stupid phone) not just textures. The NATO uniforms retex or not are different models and that means everyone would need them.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148066-Canadian-Armed-Forces-Modification-ARMA-III

I have some idea of how ARMA 3 works already. If you know so much why request it. Just do it your self champ.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

It won't work because the opfor use differential not just textures. The NATO uniforms retex or not are different models and that means everyone would need them.

Thank you, that was all I was looking for. Was just a bit irritated by JohnnyCage's post. Thank you for the explanation. That is quite disappointing to hear. I was just a bit confused by it, because the mod I linked to used completely different models for it's replacement pack so I figured there was a way to do it. I guess if there is not, there is not.

Thank you.

Thank you, that was all I was looking for. Was just a bit irritated by JohnnyCage's post. Thank you for the explanation. That is quite disappointing to hear. I was just a bit confused by it, because the mod I linked to used completely different models for it's replacement pack so I figured there was a way to do it. I guess if there is not, there is not.

Thank you.

At this time, with what I know so far not possible. Could be down the line. It is an alpha after all.

Me and my battle buddies are in need of a black re skin of all the MX Variants.

I know at this point, with so many projects about and so many just plain well, fucking silly requests in this thread no modder is probably paying attention to this thread anymore.

To be quite honest, most modders are creative enough people to have their own ideas about what to make. As with the previous request thread, chances of any one request being picked up is quite remote. It has happened, though, so you never can tell.

And to be honest, if I was bored and looking for something quick to do in my spare time, the pirate treasure would be very high on my list. Some kind of uberl33t vehicle that would take years of research, modelling, texturing, configing inside and out is something I would not touch. I have my own ideas of how I want to spend my spare time for the next 600 days :)

To be quite honest, most modders are creative enough people to have their own ideas about what to make. As with the previous request thread, chances of any one request being picked up is quite remote. It has happened, though, so you never can tell.

And to be honest, if I was bored and looking for something quick to do in my spare time, the pirate treasure would be very high on my list. Some kind of uberl33t vehicle that would take years of research, modelling, texturing, configing inside and out is something I would not touch. I have my own ideas of how I want to spend my spare time for the next 600 days :)

Woord

Su-50 PAK-FA for Iran would be best.

If not then some indigenous stealth aircraft.

Su-50 PAK-FA for Iran would be best.

If not then some indigenous stealth aircraft.

Who knows, maybe by 2035 they'll have one that isn't papermaché :D

I think this one already have been discussed on this forum plus the fact that from what i heard there were som vibration issues with the design, but since Arma 3 is in the future maybe it's sorted? :P

Edited by DanielV

Not so much an addon request.

But i'd like to see a launcher for arma 3 any thing besides the play with six as thats tainted.

Something like spirtedmachines arma 2 launcher for arma 3 :)

Who knows, maybe by 2035 they'll have one that isn't papermaché :D

#1 reason I hate super-futuristic Iran in this game... All of their technological advancements in this game aren't made-up press shots with Adjhaminanenadedad. Then again, since their "thermal jumpsuit" doesn't actually work maybe it is completely accurate to Iran.

Servers need anti tk and base rape scripts/addons.

That's way too many pics, SanLi. I am sure you are proud of the Turkish military, but addon makers do not require an encyclopedia. A little information about the things you would like to see might help, as a bunch of spammed images is not likely to be very convincing- at least it wouldn't be for me. Furthermore, if you are suggesting that an addon make make the whole Turkish Armed Forces, the chances of this happening are very slim. Please try to limit the number of images in your suggestion to 3.

Anyway to get a mod for the popup targets from A2?..

I know its possible to port them over but i have failed every time.

I am looking for a hero, that would take a heavy task of mapping the Polish prototype rifle MSBS. This weapon looks great in fact i fit to the historical period that A3 is taking place.

Some media on an incentive:

k226588_MSBS%2B1.jpg

__b_so-4-2012-radomska-premiera-msbs-fot-1.jpg

1674d1282074020-msbs-radon-fancy-looking-polish-acr-bullpup-1282059409288.jpg

I'd really like to see a (hopefully simple) mod of the original MX rifle(s) with shell casings ejecting again, like it originally was at E3. I can't stand this whole new "caseless ammo" deal, especially when this could've been done with a simple graphics option to turn off visible ejecting shells, leaving us with a choice.

is visible ejecting shells that big of a performance killer? tsk tsk, bia really needs to look into quad core implemetation.

Rallye mods:

There are keys for three different brakes, gas, three reverse as well as eight forward gears hidden in the game files. Along with the news PhysX modelling and upon arrival of the new tools, Racing mods are finally within reach again.

The OFP era had rallye championships and MP communities, which disappeared upon the arrival of the unmanageable Arma 1/2 steering system. Now, I can drive fast, with the mouse, and manage most things without ever touching the keys.

Competetive Shooting Mods:

A few extra animations and guns, as well as shooting courses and the new movement system would allow modders to build realistic ISPA/USPA, steel challenge, etc, competition shooting ranges!

I would even go as far as to suggest to cultivate this Idea into a coherent mod (or possibly official addon from BI's side with official sponsorship from one or multiple of the shooting assocs), not just dynamic shooting but trap, skeet and other traditional olympic shooting challenges.