max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I am sure this is the most requested, but I will go ahead and request it anyways.

Modern Weaponry. Specifically, a very high detailed M4A1 SOCOM, and of course the SCAR familly of guns, as well as the M110 and M107. As great as the stuff in ArmA 3 is, its hard to deny that Modern Mil Sims are still top dog. The rest I can import from A2, but I would love for true A3 M4A1s and so forth.

My biggest one, which was never truely even set in ArmA 2 (Although ArmA 1 had a good add-on) A decent MQ-9 UAV. One that can laser its own targets and fire at them... So I can perform strikes on buildings of targets.

Edited by HavocDemon

Whats the gen with ACRE is that going to be long or? :)

Nou has stated he's waiting for a full version of CBA.

As my thread got closed with reference to this thread, i'll post my mod request here again:

[Request] DefaultWorld=Arma III Screenshot / Screenshot as menu background

I need some help of a skilled modder.

If someone could find some time, I'd like to have a small mod, which replaces the defaultworld=stratis (i suppose) with a couple of cycling screenshots.

I know you can also use defaultworld=empty, but let us be honest that empty sea looks shit boring and won't stay after you loaded into stratis once.

I have also seen something like that on Arma 2, when playing Project Reality: Arma 2. They had the screenshot of a tank as menu background.

(http://media.realitymod.com/news/arma/prarma01beta/new_pr_menu.jpg)

It would also stay, after i loaded into startis and go back into the menu. I can't remember if A.C.E. had something similar, at least they had fancy loading screens.

Down i have provided some screenshots, which would be suitable for a menu background. If it isn't possible to create "cycling screenshots", just use the first screenshot please.

Thanks in advance!

Predator.v2

1: http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_steam_screenshot_01_a.jpg

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_32.jpg

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_26.jpg

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_01.jpg

http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_37.jpg

This would be kind of important to me. If someone could at least tell me, how to do it myself, i'd give it a try..

Wondering if it would be possible for the suppressor to be shorten instead of that long one? The suppressor is huge and it just does not look right on carbines. I know that their are suppressors that long, but I would prefer to see a shorter one for the carbines.

A Pakistan (OPFOR) vs India (BLUFOR) mod, with Kashmir as the scenery. Would make sense too since Pakistan is the eastern tip of that Persian region, and India's in the western tip of the SEA area which is kinda BLUFOR.

North Korea vs South Korea, because it's always fun to have the east Asian front.

The Arab League in the "Independent" faction. Since Iran and Saudi Arabia are pretty much worst enemies.

I don't know if many of you guys have heard of this but there's this organization made and quickly developing called the SCO, the Shanghai Co-operation Organization. And it's made to counter-balance NATO. It currently comprises China, Russia and several Central Asian Republics like Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan etc. That would be a very strong third force.

And actually I'd really like to see a scenario where Israel faces Palestine. Like maybe by 2035, Iran funds Palestine to create an armed struggle resulting in them getting like half of that region and armed with captured Israeli stuff (like Merkava's) so pretty advanced. And the other half being Israel. We can have a full-scale war in that tiny area that would be all important strategically.

A lot of these would be maybe unrealistic or unpractical. But I think all except the Korean one would be very relevant to the overall theme.

Hi, i don't normally comment, if ARMA 3 it's set in 2035 it will be nice to see actual industry proyect like;

UAV K-MAX

For supply drop, guided by beacon. In use right now in Afghanistan.

Squad Mission Support System (SMSS)

(Personal Equipment Add-on for Reactive Localization);

Personal Gunshot detection;

Human Universal Load Carrier (HULC)

An AVX Modification to the OH-58F Will Meet All Performance Requirements at The Lowest Cost

http://www.avxaircraft.com/images/avx.OH-58.990.jpg (209 kB)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisRB62UwQg

Sikorsky X2 S-97 Raider Family

Edited by mrnchvs

I'd like to see a storage capacity changer for gear. I don't find it believable or convenient to only be able to fit one rifle mag on a battle belt and then stick 25+ mags in a vest.

Also, I'd love to see an optics pack. Aimpoint Micros and Trijicon RMRs (both with and without riser mounts), EOTechs (of varying types), any kind of 1-4x scopes, and perhaps some fixed power magnified optics with a small red dot on a 45° mount (if that's even possible) or piggyback on the optic.

make the 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc and the F1 to F12 buttons changable, i dont need any of those cause i play with ts

Drones like the Taranis

492x277.jpg

MQ-9 Reaper

A-Reaper-drone-in-souther-001.jpg

RQ-170 Sentinel

linh-canh-troi.jpg

IAI Heron & Switchblade

220px-Salon_du_Bourget_20090619_075.jpgwr20111017-39drones-cx.jpg

Global Hawk

300px-Global_Hawk_1.jpg220px-RQ-4_Global_Hawk.jpg

Also having the MQ-8 Firescout & RQ-11 Raven drone mods from Arma 2 being properly imported and improved on along with the original arma 2 Predators and unmanned little bird. The US Navies aircraft carrier based sentinel/Taranis lookalike X-47B. Iran also uses a few drones themselves so to see some of them in Arma 3 might be quite realistic.

I'd love green tracers for OPFOR, rather than their standard red tracers. Is anybody working on this? or is this an easy fix I can do myself, thanks!

This is a simple fix if you know anything about config files.

If not it could be a hassle.

Having read most of the ARMA 3 config files for weapons and ammunition, I can say its an easy fix to go from red to green on any magazine by changing the line ammo=

If I was you I'd take a crack at it, seeing as it is easy to do, you may learn something.

I would like this kind of units with Quad-NVgoggles on helmet like spec ops in "Zero Dark Thirty" :p

7FP7956-4.jpg

Edited by g00d69

I know at this point, with so many projects about and so many just plain well, fucking silly requests in this thread no modder is probably paying attention to this thread anymore.

However, I'd still like to throw out a request. Can someone make a replacement pack for the Iranian forces, where their camouflage isn't changed, but instead they use the U.S Uniform style and wear U.S style helmets. So basically, just take the Iranian camouflage and put it on a U.S style uniform and then replace it for the Iranian uniform and take their helmets and use U.S helmets, but just color them in the Iranian style. I am not into the look of the current Iranian forces and it really just ruins the game for me. I am not looking for a standalone, but a replacement pack, so that others I play with don't need this mod to play with me and I am the only one who sees it differently. Because there are people who do like the look and I would still like to be able to play with them.

Thank you.

I know at this point, with so many projects about and so many just plain well, fucking silly requests in this thread no modder is probably paying attention to this thread anymore.

However, I'd still like to throw out a request. Can someone make a replacement pack for the Iranian forces, where their camouflage isn't changed, but instead they use the U.S Uniform style and wear U.S style helmets. So basically, just take the Iranian camouflage and put it on a U.S style uniform and then replace it for the Iranian uniform and take their helmets and use U.S helmets, but just color them in the Iranian style. I am not into the look of the current Iranian forces and it really just ruins the game for me. I am not looking for a standalone, but a replacement pack, so that others I play with don't need this mod to play with me and I am the only one who sees it differently. Because there are people who do like the look and I would still like to be able to play with them.

Thank you.

It is no possibly to make a mod like this client side only. To do this you are creating all new uniform and helmets in the config a and re defining opfor equipment. Everyone would have to download this to play with you.

I agree the alien like appearance is both unrealistic ( even for future type stuff) and unattractive. I think someone will eventually pick this up. Just not anytime soon.

P.s. Everyone please stop requesting modders fix alpha bugs!! Report them to BIS as you should be doing. This is NOT a final game, you have the power to direct change! Use it.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha YES!!!!

I would like to see some SONAR script with GUI, it would be useful for a lot of ships and submarines

Configurable survival mod that can run server-side: sleep/sleeping bag, calories/food/fatigue, hydration/water/fatigue, wounds/blood-loss, radiation/protective gear, exposure/clothing/tents/shelter-detection/warming up by a heat source.

Extensive Weather mod: some of the dynamic weather mods ported to A3, fog, sandstorms, etc.

Outfits & uniform collections: something others can add their work to with various configured containers of gear. Something like the Loadout manager tool that is configurable from side (BLUFOR, etc.) down to squad (SF, infantry) down to individual unit (left handed, thigh-holster, hip-holster), perhaps with some randomization within a squad (so not everyone has the same appearance, even if it's just some units have hip-holsters, or holsters on their plate carrier, etc.). Organized by thematic collections of outfits & accessories: desert, east, west, irregulars, civvies, near future, sci-fi (exo armor), cold-war, WW2, WW1, post-apocalyptic (eg. improvised armor; bits of car-tyres on checker-plate, dust-goggles, gas masks, dirty & worn versions of most other clothing, lots of ad-hoc satchels, bags, etc.), hostile environment (NBC outfits, CDC enviro-suits, etc). To try and explain a bit more; it's all just a way to manage configuring the great variety of things that modders like to use to create the feel of a "setting". If it became a kind of defacto standard (somewhat like Sickboy's SixUpdater) then others can make their collections conform to the standard and they can be added in with minimal fuss. Reusability is key. It's a big ask but one the community would benefit from over and over again.

It is no possibly to make a mod like this client side only. To do this you are creating all new uniform and helmets in the config a and re defining opfor equipment. Everyone would have to download this to play with you.

I agree the alien like appearance is both unrealistic ( even for future type stuff) and unattractive. I think someone will eventually pick this up. Just not anytime soon.

P.s. Everyone please stop requesting modders fix alpha bugs!! Report them to BIS as you should be doing. This is NOT a final game, you have the power to direct change! Use it.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha YES!!!!

Are you sure about that? There were plenty of replacement packs in ARMA 2.