max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Realistic gore and dismemberment similar to VBS 2.0

Seriously why hasn't BIS implemented a wounding system like this? Do they think we're too retarded to handle it or something?

Realistic gore and dismemberment similar to VBS 2.0

Seriously why hasn't BIS implemented a wounding system like this? Do they think we're too retarded to handle it or something?

As covered in another thread massive development work would be required and multiple version of the game would have to be produced, one with the above and one with none of the content, models, anything, just a disable button is not enough for many countries' classification board, which, if they don't pass, can not be sold there, even on steam, meaning profit losses for BI.

anyone know how to implement the ghillie suit? it's in the character_f/common folder, along with the green coveralls model. i tried changing from cpp files to no avail. i think it might be because the classname for it doesn't exist. anyone up to the challenge?

-All weapons, including static weapons and explosives, from Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, complete with AKs and M4s that you can add attatchments to.

-Shemaghs, Kufiyas, Balaclavas

- a Islamic Militant faction

- Gore Mod (Possible dismemberment, guts spilling out, lots of blood when killed)

- Drones

- ACE with All of the above^^^

Acre and ACE

That's something to ask the acre and ace devs, I think. Some random addon dev isn't going to read this forum and suddenly decide to take on ace 3.

I'd love green tracers for OPFOR, rather than their standard red tracers. Is anybody working on this? or is this an easy fix I can do myself, thanks!

Tactical slings for weapons:

[ig]http://www.slingsonly.com/images/slingusage.jpg[/img]

^this, it could possibly lead up to proper door open animations and such.

I am also trying to learn how to mod specific things like this regarding the model and addons.

If somebody would like to take me under there wing on how to mod stuff like this. please pm me :D

ps: i have coding experience only not with arma

Edited by Placebo

^this, it could possibly lead up to proper door open animations and such.

What I'd like to see on doors is them open up ALL the way instead of getting stuck at an angle meaning you have to step around them. If you can run the door to the wall, it's a tonne better.

-All weapons, including static weapons and explosives, from Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, complete with AKs and M4s that you can add attatchments to.

-Shemaghs, Kufiyas, Balaclavas

- a Islamic Militant faction

- Gore Mod (Possible dismemberment, guts spilling out, lots of blood when killed)

- Drones

Uh, Iran doesn't do it for you? They're pretty Islamic and pretty Militant.

in this game, they became non secular. also, there's definitely an appeal about absolutely decimating a bunch of backward islamic terrorists for daring to stand up against the might of nato that you don't get from fighting advanced iranian techno soldiers.

Modern day Unit's, weapons, vehicles etc? Not one for futuristic maybe somethings.

Was actually thinking of contacting the CAA1 guys if they are still around to maybe make a CAA2 for arma 3 (basically a port over of Arma 2 into arma 3)

Uh, Iran doesn't do it for you? They're pretty Islamic and pretty Militant.
It would be if Iran is released with a militia group, possibly Hezbollah? I like to play away from all the high-tech hardware and with the underdog sometimes.

Please remember to remove image tags when quoting, thank you :)

Yeeeea, at the moment you can run A2/OA content in a addon folder but the pure amount of work to make the sights and weapons compatible would take months, if not a year or so.

FYI, the two key things ACE have stated they will never support is children and Gore/Dismemberment.

More types and variations of civilians, maybe also port A1 and A2 models

(I know that we don't know what will be in actual game yet)

So in ArmA 2 I used http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id...ghlight=AN-225 Its the biggest plane in the world and I NEED IT! If someone ports this I think it will be one of the most popular. Thanks to any modders who took the time to read this. Oh yea I would probably ask the creator if its ok but DO IT!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12145

That should work straight into A3 running as a mod, it may require a modual from Arma 2 though, you'll get a error on start up if it does so you'll know.

Yeeeea, at the moment you can run A2/OA content in a addon folder but the pure amount of work to make the sights and weapons compatible would take months, if not a year or so.

What about using one model (lets take M4 as example) of weapon as a base and creating separate attachments to make different variants of the same gun. That would only require modder to place proper attachments points on railed guns and check if everything works well together. End user would only have to pick his attachments on a gun (which is much better in my opinion compared to pre-defined setup). Regular (non-railed) guns would only require modder to add the A3 specific options (muzzle flash etc) in order to work properly in A3.

That's only my opinion, I don't know all the fancy technical stuff about editing A2/A3. I know it's not that simple as simply dragging the files to A3 dir, but it's still less work than starting from scratch again.

I have not got the alpha and maybe this will come with features on full release anyway, but here goes:

I was always wanting in arma2 the ability to have a headmount cam that I could switch to for team leaders/whoever in teams to get that view (like Ghost Recon 2 did). And i wondered with the new texture render ability, how feasible it is to have that so it comes up as monicle in first person (might be FPS killer I do not know) or just a cam view. Is this possible anyway, is it in for Arma3 release anyway & if ive missed it and its in Alpha, are there any demonstration videos, I see lots of head mount based helmets for units but not this function running?

Request for foliage on tanks and vehicles to disguise them.

Would be eager to help texturing them (worked 3 years making backgrounds for games)

Sadly I have no experience in scripting.

But the camos used should be taken out of the allready existing environment. Like for example a bush that allready grows on Stratis fixed onto a tank.

This way it would not stand out in the environment like it would if taking new environmental plants.

If anyone is interested in a cooparation - let me know! But as i said - I am only available for the graphics^^ Besides that I would be willing to learn the scripting part too.

Best regarts