Kaede Takagaki

Need help for Scripting AI missile firing.

Hi all:

I am trying let AI firing missiles by using vehicles from Pook ARTY PACK via script. However, there some problems need help...

I placed a 9k720 iskander and named a1 and the target vehicle in range(Where I tried able to attack with artillery computer by hand testing) called t1

Then placed a trigger with content :

[a1,'PREP'] execVM '\pook_ARTY_c\scripts\SRBM.sqf'; 
[a1,'HE'] execVM '\pook_ARTY_c\scripts\SRBM.sqf';

which let 9k720 prepare for launch and choose HE warhead. Also I tried using waypoint but not working well, the warhead cannot be chosen. 

After that placed the other trigger with content:

a1 doArtilleryFire [getPos t1,"pook_9k720_1Rnd_HE",1];

However, nothing happened . I tired the same script on other artillery vehicles not from pook ARTY and it`s work ...

I consider it might be the problem of wrong magazine classname ,so I tried pook_9k720_1rnd_Base, but also not work.

I have no idea about it could anyone help me check out where is the problem....many thanks.

does the iskander actually behave like normal artillery / is fired by player using normal firing controls? Or ar there actions you have to click as player?
doArtilleryFire probably only works if the unit actually can fire via ballistic computer, and has the required config paramters to be able to be used like that (i think it was something along the lines of "artillerysupport = 1" or "availableForFireSupport" or  something like that...).
If its fired otherwise (e.g. by an action or some custom ui dialog), then you need to find out in config what actions are used for firing and what scripts they perform. Then call those scripts manually.

1 hour ago, x3kj said:

does the iskander actually behave like normal artillery / is fired by player using normal firing controls? Or ar there actions you have to click as player?
doArtilleryFire probably only works if the unit actually can fire via ballistic computer, and has the required config paramters to be able to be used like that (i think it was something along the lines of "artillerysupport = 1" or "availableForFireSupport" or  something like that...).
If its fired otherwise (e.g. by an action or some custom ui dialog), then you need to find out in config what actions are used for firing and what scripts they perform. Then call those scripts manually.

Thank you mate.

yes it is the normal artillery i think , the firing option is same to other artillery units.

I tired place an iskander with prepared and warhead armed in my group , then I click a point on map request AI artillery support and AI fried the missile,  also the options in command menu is no difference from the ordinary artillery units.

I will go their .bpo file to seeking scripts:)

Thank you for all:

The problem has been solved by using function :

_launch = [_VEHICLE, "HE(OR CBU/5kt to choose different warhead)", 20, [TARGET MAP GRID(E.G.1234,4321,0)]] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_SRBMMISSION;

example:  _launch = [a1, "HE", 20, [2345,7653,0]] spawn pook_ARTY_FNC_SRBMMISSION;

P.S. For unknow reason , missile will be fired until waiting more than 4min 40s after  missile raised:(

• Like 2