I.Jonsson

32:9 Ratio UI problem

Hello fellow gamers!

I have a 32:9, 5120x1440 monitor, (Samsung G9) and arma do only support up to 24:5/21:9.

I am currently experiencing a problem with the UI beeing only on a small portion of the screen. 

Multiple failed attempts with changing the aspect ratio and resolution both in game and on the GPU to try and find the best option of this. The main problem wich appears when I find a reasonably good aspect ratio with a resolution I get a bad stretching ingame instead. 

The main problem of this UI is that when I am ingame and play with a night vision, it will only have the effect of the night vision within that smaller UI square I get on the screen. This makes it impossble for me to see a good potion of the game during night. 

Also, whatever information, eg. ammo, speed, hight and other game information that is outside of this UI box is impossble to see during night, as they are outside of the "nightvision box" per say, and are completley black.

I have a few pictures here to illustrate the problem I have. 

The Entities and Assets bars on the right and left hand side are the outer most sides of the UI, this is how big I get the NW.

This image illustrate the raio of how big the UI is compared of the whole screen.

Do anyone have any tip to leave me so I can have a bether experience with this monitor, or have a good sollution that can help me out, it would be much apriciated!

Best regards,

I.Jonsson

Is the actual render resolution 32:9 though? You can set custom aspect ratio in config file. See this post on that. There is a menu in options (you may need to be ingame to access it, so load up an empty map in 3DEN) to configure UI size and location on screen and while it wont do anything for main menu and 3DEN it may be useful ingame. Have you tried that?

2 hours ago, Janez said:

Is the actual render resolution 32:9 though? You can set custom aspect ratio in config file. See this post on that. There is a menu in options (you may need to be ingame to access it, so load up an empty map in 3DEN) to configure UI size and location on screen and while it wont do anything for main menu and 3DEN it may be useful ingame. Have you tried that?

Yes, it is 32:9. I have played around with FOV to try to find the best of the bad ratios at this time. It seems like the GUI and nightvision just wont scale to the higher ratios so good.

The best option I have now is that I made a custom resolution wich arma supports and play with 21:9 now with blackbars instead. Works pretty good, but abit bummed that I can't use the full potential of my monitor.

You should create a ticket about it on Feedback Tracker. I think you can login with your BI account, not 100% sure though.

Also a G9 owner here
32:9 seemed to scale good with the UI 
was there any updates or smth?
it worked and scaled previously before just fine

now it's stuck at 4:3 all of a sudden.

9 hours ago, I.Jonsson said:

Yes, it is 32:9. I have played around with FOV to try to find the best of the bad ratios at this time. It seems like the GUI and nightvision just wont scale to the higher ratios so good.

The best option I have now is that I made a custom resolution wich arma supports and play with 21:9 now with blackbars instead. Works pretty good, but abit bummed that I can't use the full potential of my monitor.

try this
it worked!