OrangeP0wer

my phone in the "old man" senario doesn't work

so a quick summary of what's happening, yknow how when you open the map and then on the left hand side there's a phone option menu. well i try clicking on those buttons and nothings works, except the skip time button. i can't access messages or anything else. this is a big hamper in my experience, because i reset the senario trying to fix the issue. losing all my saves from the 12 hours of progress i had made. i also tried verifying the game files too but that did nothing. any kind of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. note: im not really that well versed on computers btw, just coming off from playing console games.

= n

I'm using custom profile path so not 100% sure about the location of default path on your hard drive but you can generally find your saved games in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Arma 3 or Arma 3 - Other Profiles folder and back them up. If you're using your default profile (otherwise search for Arma 3 - Other Profiles folder in Documents) then full path should be something like (you can just copy this into windows file explorer address bar and see if it takes you there):

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\A3\Missions_F_Oldman\Campaign\Missions\Oldman.Tanoa

This way you never have to loose your saves to troubleshooting again.

Next up, do you use any mods? Some mods may interfere with Old Man UI.

Finally, there is a dedicated thread in Official Missions section. Developers likely wont see it but there may useful information there if you search through the thread and other players there may be able help you as well.

If you want the developers to investigate the issue, consider creating a ticket on feedback tracker. See the following post and the one above it on how to do that properly.

thanks man, you're a god send, also no. im not using anymods.

edit: yep i looked on the forums you linked and i found a fix. many thanks man this was a really frustrationing problem for me.

Sure thing, for anyone with similar issue that stumbles upon this thread, what was the fix?

5 hours ago, Janez said:

Sure thing, for anyone with similar issue that stumbles upon this thread, what was the fix?

apparently it was the contact dlc new UI overhaul overlapping with the senario's older one. so all i did was unloaded contact dlc in the launcher, then started up the senerio and it was fixed. 

• Like 1

I’ve been having the phone problem in arma 3 old man. Nothing works but the skip time. And I’m not sure what orange power did to fix his issue

On 4/23/2022 at 1:43 AM, Tom Riddle2011 said:

I’m not sure what orange power did to fix his issue

On 1/10/2021 at 9:00 AM, OrangeP0wer said:

all i did was unloaded contact dlc in the launcher

• Haha 1

Hi All,

Newbie here but loving the game and completed East Wind and have started "the old man" having the same problem as Orange Power same thing is affecting me on Hunter 6 

I've unloaded the DLC for First contact when launching the game as described but still have the same problem.  Is driving me mad and spoiling the gameplay.

Please can someone help me and spell out what i need to do!!!

On 5/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, Biggsy1 said:

I've unloaded the DLC for First contact

Make sure you have NO optional DLC loaded. These should only be loaded if you are playing or building a scenario that requires them.