mature-rx8

FRONTLINE - the WW2 story

Hi folks,

we came to the conclusion it will be a WW2 scenery. Since we noticed that there are a few WW2 mods out there already, we want to use them for our campaign, what will be the heart of FRONTLINE. But we also need a lot of new models for now. Specially german Tanks, british fighters (air) are required. So if somebody of you is interessted to join on that project, we would love to work together with you.

What is FRONTLINE:

FRONTLINE will be in the first hand a campaign about the WW2. It will include every important and well known battle of WW2 and also the not known fights against the nazi regime. But ok whats new on it? I will tell you: On one hand we have the regular fights everybody knows from other mods already, but we also want to include the resistance or civil life missions into the campaign. The campaign it self should cover all of the WW2 scenarios with ALL of the incidents. It will be a whole story of WW2 ingame. Since there are not enough models out there for planes, tanks and soldiers, we want to ask here to join our group to create the most realitsic and enthusiatsic WW2 feeling ever. Including concentrations camps, playing a german soldiers in the campaign, try to survive as a civilist, just everything that happened. A real diary of war. The whole campaign will be playable as a 4 players COOP campaign. With all the scary shit and brutal shit happened on WW2 without excuses.

PLANNED CAMPAIGN CONTENT:

FRONTLINE will be seperated in Seasons:

- SEASON 01 (1939 - early 1940)

6 Episodes:

Episode 01:

TIME: 3rd September 1939

PLACES: Poland - Weichselbridge Dirschau, Polish Army Outpost, Somewhere on the fields

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Polish Army

Episode 02:

TIME: 4th September 1939

PLACES: England, Germany - Wilhelmshaven

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: British Pilots

Episode 03:

TIME: 8th September 1939

PLACES: Poland - 20km south of Modlin

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Polish Army

Episode 04:

TIME: 13th October 1939

PLACES: Poland - Warsaw, Warsaw Underground

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Resistance

Episode 05:

TIME: 7th January 1940

PLACES: Germany - Concentration Camp Dachau

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Civils

Episode 06:

TIME: 14th March 1940

PLACES: Poland - Krakow

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: German SS

Multiplayer-Part:

Several Gamemodes on the known places used in the Campaign and some extra designed Eden maps for MP such like Danzig.

more Infos later on that...

DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2375757963&searchtext=

- SEASON 02 (1940 - December 1941)

7 Episodes:

Episode 01:

TIME: 9th April - 9th May 1940

PLACES: Norway

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Germany - Paratroopers/Navy

Episode 02:

TIME: 10th May - 2nd July 1940

PLACES: France

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Germany - Infantry/Tanks

Episode 03:

TIME: 3rd July - 12th October 1940

PLACES: Britain

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Great Britain - Airforce

Episode 04:

TIME: 13th October - 27th October 1940

PLACES: France

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: French Resistance - Infantry

Episode 05:

TIME: 28th October - 1st February 1941

PLACES: Greece

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Italy - Infantry/Commando

Episode 06:

TIME: 2nd February - 21th June 1941

PLACES: Africa

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Great Britain - Infantry/Airforce/Tanks

Episode 07:

TIME: 22th June - 6th December 1941

PLACES: Russia/Finland

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Germany/Finland - Infantry/Airforce

- Season 03 (1941 - 1942)

- Season 04 (1943 - May 1944)

- Season 05 (June 1944 - End 1944)

- Season 06 (1945 - end of war)

STANDALONE DLCs:

FRONTLINE - COLD IRON:

current Version: 1.0

FRONTLINE - COLD IRON will get the player into Stalingrad 1943. As a russian well known sniper "Vassili Saizew" you will try to recapture the city step by step. COLD IRON is a semi-open-world scenario with included survival elements. You will need to eat, drink and warm up during the cold outside. FRONTLINE - COLD IRON is an open end project, so there is still room to add content in that scenerio later on. For now we have around 15 missions to complete in the gameworld. There are multiple ways to complete a mission and how to get there. Your actions are limited by the gameworld itself, thats why we will call it a semi-open-world. The gameworld itself is highly detailed, probably the best looking gameworld of ARMA3 so far. What makes COLD IRON really special is the atmosphere, in every corner or window can be a german sniper, you always need to be careful while moving through Stalingrad. The Stalingrad-gameworld is a fictional one, since we decided to let the gameworld designer some freedom for designing a gameworld. COLD IRON can be played as a singleplayer mission which will cause a lot of savings or as multiplayer for 4 people in COOP. COLD IRON is hard to play due the realism and survival additions. Its recommended to use a proper PC tu run FRONTLINE COLD IRON.

SP-Version 1.0

DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2486768764

MP-Version 1.1

DOWNLOAD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2508490220

www.frontline-game.com

FRONTLINE SOUNDTRACK:

FRONTLINE will come with a unique, 100% new made soundtrack, specially for this campaign. We are working with different music programs and musicians together to create a unique soundtrack for FRONTLINE.

The initial soundtrack of FRONTLINE will be available later on Soundcloud and on our Youtube-Channel of BPOF Black Panthers On Fight.

PLANNED ADDONS:

British:

- Blenheim Bomber

- Crusader Tank

French:

- Renault FT Tank

WHAT WE NEED HELP WITH:

So for now we are just searching for more people here to support us. We got some support from museums already for history stuff, this one needs to be perfect. If you are interessted give me a message here in the forums.

Searching for:

-Modellers,

-Graphical artists

-guys who well know the WW2 history

-Soundartists

-Voiceactors (urgent) for Polish, German, English and French

Regards

MaturE

• Like 5

Hey there,

I can present the first trailer of the campaign today. Hope you enjoy.

• Like 2

Yeah very nice video but honestly the modern soundtrack ruins it for me...you should defenetely use a more fitting soundtrack for your camapaign..but that's just me 🙂 whole project looking very interesting though...good luck 👍

• Like 4

Hey guys,

the soundtrack INGAME will be completly developed by myself. There wont be any modern soundtrack. Since I am creating music more than 10 years already it will fit. Its just for that casual gamers selection of soundtrack for the trailer. The music itself will be more fitting to the settings. I hope you guys will enjoy it. I am planning a release in ca. 10days for the episode one 1.0. My problem is that we have problem with french tanks now, specially Renault ones for the french scenario in season 2. Like I said, I defentitly need to expand the current working team on it. Even 10 guys are not enought for now. I would be happy about every voice I can get for the characters at the moment. Doesnt matter what language they prefer.

I am looking forward to this project to be honest. I will break unspoken rules with this project but also, I think the germany history on their eyes, needs to be told in a certain way, also that ones of civilians and resistance, which also a lot of games or mods not doing.

Regards

MaturE

Hello Folks,

I am happy to share some screenshots of the campaign with you, you may can image a few settings already where it takes place. Also I edite dthe first post and feed them with more informations about Season 01.

20210120132645-1.jpg

20210120133050-1.jpg

20210120133108-1.jpg

20210120133351-1.jpg

20210120133811-1.jpg

20210120133918-1.jpg

20210120134505-1.jpg

20210120134933-1.jpg

Regards

MaturE

• Like 3

Working on Season 02, right now.

Paris is gonna be one if the biggest challenges there... Hope you like the first look of it.

20210130010453-1.jpg

• Like 3

We are currently working on the norway campaign, Operation Weserübung...

Some random pic of the Narvik harbour...

20210213204834-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While we are working hard on Season 02, we have some confirmed infos we can put in for the Season 2.

Content of Season 02:

Episode 01:

Take place in: Norway

Playable side: Germany - Paratroopers/Navy

Time: 9th April - 9th May 1940

Episode 02:

Take place in: France

Playable side: Germany - Infantry/Tanks

Time: 10th May - 2nd July 1940

Episode 03:

Take place in: Britain

Playable side: Great Britain - Airforce

Time: 3rd July - 12th October 1940

Episode 04:

Take place in: France

Playable side: French Resistance - Infantry

Time: 13th October - 27th October 1940

Episode 05:

Take place in: Greece

Playable side: Italy - Infantry/Commando

Time: 28th October - 1st February 1941

Episode 06:

Take place in: Africa

Playable side: Great Britain - Infantry/Airforce/Tanks

Time: 2nd February - 27th March 1941

Episode 07:

Take place in: Russia/Finland

Playable side: Germany/Finland - Infantry/Airforce

Time: 22th June - 6th December 1941

Thats the preliminary storyline for Season 02.

Regards

MaturE

Hi folks,

some small scenes we want to share with a teaser, you can see some scenarios in the teaser about Season 02. Still pretty much WIP though. 😃

Regards

MaturE

Looking good, especially the Paris level 🙂 What are the exact requirements for your campaign(s) ?

• Like 1

Hi Pvt. Evens,

what exactly do mean with requirements? 😃

BTW: glad you like it, team needs some moral boosts 😃

Regards

MaturE

4 hours ago, mature-rx8 said:

Hi Pvt. Evens,

what exactly do mean with requirements? 😃

BTW: glad you like it, team needs some moral boosts 😃

Regards

MaturE

He means the other Mods required to play your campaign which by a quick steam peak looks extensive. Your campaign looks amazing and ill eventually try it but that addon list is pretty big which will prevent a larger audience

• Like 1

Exactly this...You have listed a lot of stuff that is not needed. For example if you are using IFA3 AIO then you do not need IFA3 light or the I44 terrains and WWII objects.  Faces of War  provides a lot of high quality stuff but nearly all of it is late war gear 43-45 except for the Pacific gear. So as long as you are going for the European theatre only you could leave FoW out. 

Secret Weapons is not continued anymore so in this case I guess naval and flying legends should do it fine . 

I also would highly recomend to look into CSLA38 , Northern Fronts and Forgotten Fronts mods...these mods are exactly providing what you need for the early years and theatres of WWII in 39 -41. CSLA even got something like a polish submod which I guess would be a lot more acurate than using Polish homearmy uniforms from 1944.

For the rest ...well of course you need female characters, trains and guard dogs etc for these kind of scenarios, so this looks absolutely fine.

What worries me a bit is the big amount of mods changing game mechnics...Arma being Arma this could work amazingly but also completely fuck everything up with that many mods xD 

Sometimes it is better to recommend using such mods but do not make them requirements 🙂 As  froggyluv said...too much requirements will prevent a lot of people from testing and playing it.

However the settings of your campaign looking absolutely impressive and detailed, ....so I am really looking forward to play it when its done...keep it up !

• Like 2

Hey guys, thanks for that hints. 🙂

Yea we will use CSLA38 & Northern Fronts in Season 2. There is also a update in progress for season 01 adding some MP-modes and additional coop variants to new scenarios in this time. But for now we are concentrating on Season 2 first.

I will see what I can do about the addonlist. 😃 We are trying to make the scenarios as much realistic as possible which also may is ending in a kind of "hard work" for the player in this mission, but hey that was war. Also with Season 03 we will introduce the Pacific theatre besides the european one. In Season 02 we will introduce the africa theatre also besides european.

Regards

MaturE

Sooo I finally made my way through all of the requirements and dl's and had enough time to play at least Episode One. This was even something special for me, since my grandfathers family originates from Dirschau. Not only that but he did  join the Wehrmacht in 1937 and took part in Case White, the invasion of Poland, a few weeks before the end of his 2 years serving time...so yeah..

back to topic...

Overall you did an absolutely amazing job, the campaign from what I have seen so far is really awesome. Cinematics, level design, sounds, music, voice acting are great. It absolutely nails it....the tense situation at the border, Borderguards suddenly being attacked and Polish forces allthough being overun by tanks and facing Germanys overpowering air force, fighting outstandingly brave to the last....wow 🙂

Very well done and highly recommended for all WWII enthusiasts out there !!!

Some more or less minor points I noticed and which I would love to see changed:

For the sake of historical accuracy and especially for our polish friends out there, please replace the polish uniforms/units with the ones from this mod here 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1348553859&searchtext=September

it requires CSA 1938 mod which I would recommend anyway for this campaign....

You should also replace the German infantry units and use the one from CSA 1938 mod since these are the proper ones for the 1939 theatre.

Not only that, CSA is the only mod that provides  historical acurate SS units for that time period,  which will show up later in your campaign.

I also noticed Polish units being equipped with a Panzerfaust...please replace these with an Anti Tank rifle since this is also not historical correct for that time ...in general you should not use the Polish Homearmy units from IFA3 anyway for this campaign, since they are from a complete different time period of the war (1944) and using wrong and different gear.

Other than that...please make project injury a recommendation and not a hard requirement..there are a lot players out there who prefer the vanilla system or ACE...this should be a players choice !

Beside this,

I am very impressed so far and if you could provide some more historical correctness, some polish and reduce the huge amount of requirements here and there, I am sure your campaigns will be an outstanding, high quality WW II experience, especially  with all these very interesting and fresh scenarios ! Looking forward to play more of it  soon🙂

keep it up 

PS is it really required that we have to use secret weapons and flying legends at the same time ? 

• Thanks 1

Hey Evans,

thanks for you review so far. We are glad you like it so far. Will be interessting to see what you think of the other Episodes in Season 01. 🙂

Like I already stated, we will have an update in the pipeline for Season 01 after we finished Season 02. We want to replace the uniforms for the polish soldiers and do some minor bugfixes here and there. The problem with all that addons cant be fixed yet. But one positve thing: after you dled all the additonal addon for season 02 later on, its planned not to add any more addons to the requirements. PIR is not a must, you can also deactivate it if you like to. We will also fix that thing with the panzerfaust 😉 Also the update for season 01 will come with some more MP-modes besides the COOP which is already coming with the original version 1.0 on Season 01. Also we are planning to add some sidestories to season 01. But for now, like I said, we will concentrate on Season 02. The playtime in total for Season 02 will be around 15 hours + by the look for now. Of course also fully COOP possibilities and on some missions up to 80 players.

We can probably release the final trailer for Season 02 next week so you can see all the scenarios Season 02 will bring with. 🙂

BTW: We will release the full soundtrack of Season 01 on youtube next week, if you enjoyed that also. 😃

We are looking forward to a release of Season 02 in april or end of march.

Let me know or us know about your further experience, feedback is really rare this days, most of the guys just do clicking to dl, give a few stars and thats it 😉

Regards

MaturE

Sounds good to me and yes, missions worked fine without PIR ..it is just a bit annoying with all the warnings on Steam and the launcher stating it being a hard requirement.  For the requirements I noticed that all of the unnecessary stuff like I44 terrains , IFA3-light and WWII objects has been removed, which is good to see. A lot of the other requirements are mostly small downloads except for the big WWII mods which are a must have anyway. So this is looking good. However every addon that can be removed improves performance and loading times ...so it is always worth it to revise things regarding performance versus quality 🙂

keep it up !

PS: I can not understand neither, that there is no real feedback, especially since SP content for Arma 3 WWII is bitterly missing.

• Thanks 1

Hello gents,

As I promised I uploaded the full soundtrack of Season 01 for those who are interessted in it..

Available now on Soundcloud.

Regards

MaturE

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, Private Evans said:

...Arma being Arma...

That is all needed to be said when modding... 🤪

• Haha 1

Hey dudes,

here we go with the pre-release trailer 😃

Regards

MaturE

• Like 3

Hey guys a short update and some details to Season 02.

We are almost done, optimizing scripts and performance for now and of course testing everyday.

Some cool details for season 02:

- 1 hour of unique new and fresh soundtrack of myself and J.R.S. Schattenberg 😃

- also ca. 1 hour cutscenes in Season 02

- around 10-20 hours gameplay, depends on yous skills 😉

- all missions are coop, up to 80 players on some mission. (most of them are 8 players)

- new subtitles system which will fix the issues on Season 01. (the update for S1 will include the change also)

So far to say....

Any questions so far? 😄

BTW: @Private Evans: Did you completed Season 01?

Regards

MaturE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello all

Lots of work went into into making Season 2 for Frontline and we are happy to announce it's coming to the end. Frontline Season 2 will be releasing on the 16th April 2021. For now you can enjoy the final Trailer.

You can also check out our new web page for other soon to come content http://www.frontline-game.com

Kind regards

Freespirit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello gentlemen,

since we have a few Corona-incidents, plus also a death-case in the team, we need to change the releasedate to unkown. We apologize for the trouble, but keep you updated. Parts of the campaign will be changed to remember him.

"Since one of our advisors, veterans and close friend Helmut Wilhelm Klebe passed away in the age of 96 years on the 27th of March 2021. May his soul be on a better place this days.

Wilhelm was part of the 6th Army in Stalingrad and got capured wounded. He returned to germany on the 8th of April 1952 after getting hold in one of the camps of the soviet union.

He is leaving nothing behind but himself. His parents died in 1945 Berlin due a bombartement. I know Wilhelm since my childhood, he was a good friend of my grandfather which passed away 2009 and also served in Stalingrad.

My fully respect to all veterans out there." - K.Birkenfeld (MaturE)

Respect is all what we can give to him on this conditions.

God bless him. Rest In Peace.

MaturE

• Sad 1