Ubaid Afridi

Questions from a new user

So, I have recently been playing arma for around 50 hours or so, so still new.

My questions are.

How can I give specific orders other than pressing tab and a number after that. For example, suppose I want 2 specific ai team members, to go in their helicopter, and roam a jungle DURING gameplay, Or I want a medic to CPR a soldier that has fallen, and if no response to carry him, or take him away on a car/helicopter. Do I need to learn scripting to do all this, or can are there any way to do this duirng gameplay (easily).

During firefights (shooting senario's) I find team members not listening to orders properly, suppose I want soldier X to get in the car asap, he will normally continueing shooting, and maybe after a few minutes will get in, which is just too slow.

How can I lock targets that, either me or my team members spot? For example, my team member, is shooting into the woods, however I cannot see who he is shooting. Is there a way, for me to get a red circle on the target he is shooting?

I know its only a game, but I reckon all of what I asked is not impossible to acheive in Arma 3. Please answer as much or as little as you can, anything useful will help right now, as I want to expand my abilities. Also, I do apologize for asking nooby questions, but I guess we all were a noob once.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, Ubaid Afridi said:

How can I give specific orders other than pressing tab and a number after that. For example, suppose I want 2 specific ai team members, to go in their helicopter, and roam a jungle DURING gameplay, Or I want a medic to CPR a soldier that has fallen, and if no response to carry him, or take him away on a car/helicopter. Do I need to learn scripting to do all this, or can are there any way to do this duirng gameplay (easily).

You can commands specific squad members via F (F1-F12) keys. For example if you want to select member 2, press F2 and then navigate through desired menus via number keys (1-0). If you want to select all squad members, press tilde ~ key, the one above tab and left of 1.

Stuff like carrying wounded soldiers are not particularly supported in official scenarios but some mods or user made scenarios may offer similar functions.

During firefights (shooting senario's) I find team members not listening to orders properly, suppose I want soldier X to get in the car asap, he will normally continueing shooting, and maybe after a few minutes will get in, which is just too slow.

Yeah, that's just how AI works. Changing their awareness status may improve responsiveness to new orders (menu 7 >> safe, aware, combat and stealth). They are supposedly most responsive in safe but also most oblivious to danger.

How can I lock targets that, either me or my team members spot? For example, my team member, is shooting into the woods, however I cannot see who he is shooting. Is there a way, for me to get a red circle on the target he is shooting?

Ah the woods... I'm afraid there is no such feature in vanilla Arma 3. You can enable enemy tags in difficulty menu which supposedly display a tag when you aim at an enemy. Haven't tried it myself and not really what you're looking for but there's that. If difficulty settings permit it, there is also a thing called Tactical Ping that allows you to ping locations for yourself and other players. Again not what you're looking for but may be of use.