06pLzfr.pngAAqZWUX.png

[W] GreenMag aims to improve ammunition handling in Arma 3.

Steam Workshop

What does it do?

With GreenMag, your empty magazines stay in your inventory after reloading instead of dissapearing into the void. These Magazines (and any othr Mag with missing ammo) can be refilled with the new bullet items if it's a magazine and belts if it's a magazine for machineguns.
These bullets are available in packages ranging from 10 to 60 bullets wich can be unpacked through ace or in the inventory to get the actual bullets.

Magazines can be refilled and unloaded through the ace selfinteraction menu. Ace magazinerepack does get deactivated by GreenMag, so repacking magazines has to be done through unloading a mag and refilling another with the ammunition you aquired through unloading the first one.
Magazines that require belts can be refilled with the belt items. Those are available from the range of one bullet to 200. If the needed ammunition is less then the size of the used belt, the remaining lenght of the belt will remain in your inventory and can be attached to another belt to regain a larger belt item.

Features

- Load / Unload magazines
- Ammunition, Ammunition packages and belt items
- bullets can be taken out of belts to fill magazines with them
- configurable through CBA settings

CBA Settings

GreenMag provides multiple ways to customize your experience. From completely disabeling the mod to customizing how many magazines you want to be shown in the ace interactions.
For mission creaters can also choose if they want a basic system or a advanced system for ammunition handling. While the basic system differs just by caliber, the advanced system also differs by type, e.g. tracer and non tracer.

Compat patches

Collection
Patches are available for:
- RHS USAF
(more to come)

Do other mod items work?
Most of the time they do, but limited. Mods that do not have a compat patch will most of the time work with the basic system, because the caliber can usually be read from the magazine classname. This can only be impaired if the magazine does inherit wrong GreenMag values from another magazine.
To register a non-supported magazine as one that needs belts to work, use this:

[["Magazin_A", "Magazin_B"]] call greenmag_main_fnc_addBelt;

If they requiered caliber does not exist, it won't work obviously.

Known Issues

- Removing an empty magazine from the weapons magazine slot through drag & drop will make the magazine vanish into the void.

Licensing

GreenMag is licenced under APL-ND.
See https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-nd for more information

• Like 2

Brilliant idea and functionality!

Apologies for asking this and not trying it and finding out (not at my PC at the moment) but do the empty magazines keep the same 'mass' as full magazines?

(As far as I'm aware, a magazine of a certain class always has the same 'mass' in ARMA regardless of how many rounds are in the magazine.)

Given ARMA's inventory system is supposed to be a hybrid of weight and size, it's hard to know exactly what the 'right' thing to do is here, but the fact it links so heavily to the stamina system, makes it seem fairer if it would be possible to lower the 'mass' of the empty magazines...

21 minutes ago, Steve 161st said:

Brilliant idea and functionality!

Apologies for asking this and not trying it and finding out (not at my PC at the moment) but do the empty magazines keep the same 'mass' as full magazines?

(As far as I'm aware, a magazine of a certain class always has the same 'mass' in ARMA regardless of how many rounds are in the magazine.)

Given ARMA's inventory system is supposed to be a hybrid of weight and size, it's hard to know exactly what the 'right' thing to do is here, but the fact it links so heavily to the stamina system, makes it seem fairer if it would be possible to lower the 'mass' of the empty magazines...

Sadly, that's not possible as far as I know, because the item weight is a config entry that cannot be changed midgame.

This is such a great mod and something I have wanted to see in arma 3 for a long time and have fingers crossed for a system like this  to be included in arma 4. 

In the mean time this is a huge help.

My only thing is in a future update would it be possible for users to adjust the repacking time by CBA settings?

9 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

This is such a great mod and something I have wanted to see in arma 3 for a long time and have fingers crossed for a system like this  to be included in arma 4. 

In the mean time this is a huge help.

My only thing is in a future update would it be possible for users to adjust the repacking time by CBA settings?

This is already possible. Open up a unit in 3DEN and look for the GreenMag multipliers!