Mirek

Animatesource not working in MP

DOOR_OUT animateSource ["open_door_up", 1]; playSound3D ["WHobjects\ships\sounds\door_01_combined.ogg", DOOR_OUT, false, getPosASL DOOR_OUT, 4]; 

Code is in trigger init, trigger is set to activation by radio alpha, trigger is set on server only. Code works in my PC but, on Dedicated server, it only plays the sound and the door doesnt open.

according to the wiki animateSource effect should be global. but I got some problems with animate command that should also have global effect but the only way I got that one working was remoteExec it to all machines. So maybe the documents are not correct..?

• Thanks 1

Never used remoteExec before. The wiki page, as allways,

confuses me. According to what i read there ishould change this:

DOOR_OUT animateSource ["open_door_up", 1];

to this:

[DOOR_OUT,"open_door_up",1] remoteExec [animateSource];

BUt that doesnt work at all. So i tried somethink like:

[] remoteExec [DOOR_OUT animateSource ["open_door_up", 1]];

wich works but gives some error.

Don't remoteExec this command. How (where) did you define DOOR_OUT ? This global variable must be defined where you are calling the code.

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Don't remoteExec this command. How (where) did you define DOOR_OUT ? This global variable must be defined where you are calling the code.

Door_Out is the name of the object.  I placed an object in editor and in its name i typed DOOR_OUT. So it is defined. The code works in singleplayer, and in hosted multiplayer but doesnt work on dedicated server.

More prcise description is:

There is editor placed gate named door out, ad then there is a editor placed  trigger with the code above in its initialization field. trigger is triggered by radio alpha.

Spoiler

ahbohSJ.jpg

Spoiler

1xbSgwb.jpg

did you make the radio trigger server only? Should be NOT server only.

Tried both. Odd thing is, that the sound plays for all the players ok but the gate doesnt open. On one occasion the gate opened like 30 seconds after the trigger. Might be server issue, or maybe something with the TIOW mod itself.