Sign in to follow this  
redarmy

Adding Eventhandlers

I had a general question regarding these.I basically want to know what if any impact they have on performance.

im using this(since BIS still are yet to fix AI being unable to rearm)

this addEventHandler ["Reloaded",{ 
 _unit = _this select 0 ; 
 _mag = _this select 3 select 0 ; 
 _unit addMagazine _mag ; 
}] ;

Which is essentially giving all units infinite ammo but still needing to reload as its actually adding mags when reloading and having at least 3 of said mags(works for missiles too)

In my scenario i have about 16, 8 man groups all with this in their init. Im wondering if it will affect performance as im creating large combined arms missions and need every extra frame i can muster.

Also would it be better to add this via an init sqf and apply it to all units of side west for example as opposed to each individual? Thanks for any thoughts on this.

It wouldnt have too much effect on performance at first, but after several hours it would probably start to hang.

My question is why have them rearm? Most times, with a mission like what youre talking about, the units are despawned and spawned back in based on some criteria, when spawned back in they would have their original loadout with all of their ammo restored. If theyre in an engagement and using ammo, theyre probably getting shot back and wont be around long enough to run dry. There might be a few occasions, but I can't recall a time when ive heard an AI dry fire.

9 hours ago, j0nes said:

It wouldnt have too much effect on performance at first, but after several hours it would probably start to hang.

My question is why have them rearm? Most times, with a mission like what youre talking about, the units are despawned and spawned back in based on some criteria, when spawned back in they would have their original loadout with all of their ammo restored. If theyre in an engagement and using ammo, theyre probably getting shot back and wont be around long enough to run dry. There might be a few occasions, but I can't recall a time when ive heard an AI dry fire.

Tweaking their suseptability to being supressed thus making them innacurate can cause them to chew through ammo in literally one single engagement.

Arma3 scenarios can be very diverse,in mine,i have a platoon attack more than one location/task,and dealing with alot of irregulars.No respawn,friendlies have a revive system.Hours you say? Good enough.