Aurora152

Force eject all non-crew from vehicle

Hello all,

I have made a mission where you are to transport groups of soldiers from point A to B.

Group spawns on a marker, via a trigger, using this:

_this = [getMarkerPos "spawn", west, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "West" >> "BLU_T_F" >> "Infantry" >> "B_T_InfSquad_Weapons")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;   

_wpt1 = _this addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "pad", 0];  
  _wpt1 setWaypointType "GETIN NEAREST";  
  _wpt1 setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";  
  _wpt1 setWaypointCombatMode "YELLOW";  

_wpt2 = _this addWaypoint [getMarkerPos [["mrk1","mrk2","mrk3"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom], 0];  
  _wpt2 setWaypointType "MOVE";  
  _wpt2 setWaypointBehaviour "AWARE";  
  _wpt2 setWaypointCombatMode "YELLOW";

Problem 1: The group ignores the first waypoint when the helicopter has all crew positions taken. there are still 8 passenger slots available. How would I fix this? 

I then want to be able to force eject this group when the helicopter has landed via an addAction Command. I have got this so far:

heli2 addAction ["Kick Out Passengers", {{doGetOut _x} foreach assignedCargo (vehicle heli2)}];

Problem 2: This only ejects single units at a time, which then get back in because the group leader is in the helicopter still. How would I fix this?

The helicopter has gunners in it, so I can't just eject everything except the player.

I haven't given the group spawned a specific name as I want this to be able to happen multiple times.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Regards,

Aurora

16 hours ago, Aurora152 said:

Problem 1: The group ignores the first waypoint when the helicopter has all crew positions taken. there are still 8 passenger slots available. How would I fix this? 

try "LOAD" wp instead (just a guess)

16 hours ago, Aurora152 said:

Problem 2: This only ejects single units at a time, which then get back in because the group leader is in the helicopter still. How would I fix this?

allowGetIn should fix that

heli2 addAction ["Kick Out Passengers", 
{

{
doGetOut _x;

[_x] allowGetIn false;

} foreach assignedCargo (vehicle heli2);

}];

also you might need unassignVehicle command

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gc8 said:

heli2 addAction ["Kick Out Passengers", { { doGetOut _x; [_x] allowGetIn false; } foreach assignedCargo (vehicle heli2); }];

Perfect that has worked! Thanks.

I have started putting the unit spawn into the addAction, and so far its working okay. However, I can't seem to remove the action with removeAction.

I have a trigger, where it activates when any player is present with this in:

Activation:

{_x Setdammage 0} Foreach thislist;   

_spawn = player addAction ["Spawn Units", "spawn.sqf"];

Deactivation:

player removeAction _spawn;

But the action won't go away when the player leaves the trigger area. Any idea how to fix this? I see that you can add an actionID to the addAction, but for the life of me can't figure out how it works...

14 minutes ago, Aurora152 said:

But the action won't go away when the player leaves the trigger area. Any idea how to fix this?

_spawn isn't available inside "On deact." field, but you can save action ID in the trigger object:

- On act.:

thisTrigger setVariable ["actionId", player addAction ["Spawn Units", "spawn.sqf"]];

- On deact.:

_actionId = thisTrigger getVariable ["actionId", -1];

if (_actionId >= 0) then {
    player removeAction _actionId;
};

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Schatten said:

_spawn isn't available inside "On deact." field, but you can save action ID in the trigger object:

- On act.:

thisTrigger setVariable ["actionId", player addAction ["Spawn Units", "spawn.sqf"]];

- On deact.:

_actionId = thisTrigger getVariable ["actionId", -1];

if (_actionId >= 0) then {
    player removeAction _actionId;
};

That has worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

@Schatten

Just doing some testing with it and I have discovered that the action does not appear after the helicopter respawns. Would there be a way to keep the action after the helicopter respawns?

Edit: Fixed it... Just set the condition to be that the helicopter is alive rather than true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1