Sign in to follow this  
schutz99

How to put a soldier in vehicle

Well im working on a vietnam scenario and say i want a Marine Force Recon to drive a boat, i put his name as player, and put player assignascargo boat, but when i start the game he is not in the boat. someone help me and see if im doing anything wrong.

In the name field of the boat type a name say Boat1. (It should be an empty boat)

In the init field of the soldier put - this moveindriver Boat1

Do not name any unit player. Player is always soldier controled by gamer. In multiplayer player returns different names for each computer.

You can name player's soldier for example soldier and then you can use both examples equivalently:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

soldier moveindriver boat1

player moveindriver boat1<span id='postcolor'>

You can actually name a unit player? I thought you would get an error message because player is already used bu the game...what if you name a unit other than the player "player", then you do: something setpos getpos player???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Jan. 31 2003,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can actually name a unit player? I thought you would get an error message because player is already used bu the game...what if you name a unit other than the player "player", then you do: something setpos getpos player???<span id='postcolor'>

Well, you can name it player. If some unit is named player then game moves with that named unit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, you can name it player. If some unit is named player then game moves with that named unit.

<span id='postcolor'>

I just tried it, and you´re right.

Hehe, that is so stupid smile.gif

You can actually name units East and West and stuff, I bet that could cause some troubble.

I remember when I was making a script to keep track of the score it wouldnt let me use WestScore and EastScore because they are already used so I hade to use WestZcore and EastZcore....or something like that. I think thats the way it should be, if the game is already using the name then you shouldnt be able to make them something else.