Matthew Sugden

P3D and PBO Files, how to open?

Hi, I'm new to the community, I have been supplied some P3D and PBO files to inspect and I am wondering how to open them? I am assuming they are perhaps level files given there size, about 600mb. Do I need to purchase ARMA or similar, or is there some other kind of free downloadable dev kit?

My ultimate aim is to import them into Unreal, but I don't know if this is even a possibility, any one on here know if/how this can be done?

Many Thanks

15 hours ago, Matthew Sugden said:

Hi, I'm new to the community, I have been supplied some P3D and PBO files to inspect and I am wondering how to open them? I am assuming they are perhaps level files given there size, about 600mb. Do I need to purchase ARMA or similar, or is there some other kind of free downloadable dev kit?

My ultimate aim is to import them into Unreal, but I don't know if this is even a possibility, any one on here know if/how this can be done?

Many Thanks

Welcome to the community, I am sorry to say what you are asking is against the End User License of Arma3 and not allowed. For clarification, please see: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Intellectual_Property

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. And for pointing me in the direction of the License agreement.

Looking at the License agreement though, it says that Bohemia prohibits the buying or selling of PBO/P3D data, which unless I'm mistaken isn't the case here. I have been given this data to look at by the IP holder.

Are you saying that PBO can not be shared between users? Thanks

Or is it the potential of importing them to another platform which is a breach of the guidelines?

If so I may have to forget importing them and just being able to view them would be enough.

the ip holder should provide you with the raw files instead

• Like 1