Sign in to follow this  
Caledonian Evocatus

I Need Help Editing a MP Mod I have so me and my friends can have access to certain weapons from the beginning.

TL;DR - I installed the Antistasi Mod and need help editing in some weapons. 

I have recently subbed to this mod on steam and I want to play online with a few friends. At the beginning of the game you get access to the Virtual Arsenal to gear up your team. I want to add some weapons and gear to the arsenal but I am unsure how to do it without breaking the mod. Basically, I am starting from scratch I have watched Gunter's tutorial on editing mods through the eden editor. But I was unable to get the MP version of my mod to work I pasted the unpacked folder into the missions folder that eden editor accesses, I could find the SP version of the mod ( I added that separately alongside the multiplayer mod folder) but I am unable to find the MP one so I have given up on that option. I have used PBO manager to unpack the mod folder and I have access to the scripts and files for the scenario. Could I edit the arsenal directly from here or do I have to use the editor honestly any advice could be helpful at this point lol. 

Welcome to BI forums!

Antistasi is not a mod, its a heavily scripted scenario, mods and scenarios have two different functions in terms of how they are used ingame.

Mods add new features and functions, and or change how the game is played be it for new functions in the edtior, adding new assets like new weapons and

gear, ect,.

Scenarios are what you create in the editor and are what you play, another term used for them is a mission.

10 hours ago, Caledonian Evocatus said:

At the beginning of the game you get access to the Virtual Arsenal to gear up your team. I want to add some weapons and gear

to the arsenal but I am unsure how to do it without breaking the mod.

All you need to do is have your weapon mods loaded when you go play the mission, access arsenal and all the weapons should show in the list there.

10 hours ago, Caledonian Evocatus said:

Could I edit the arsenal directly from here or do I have to use the editor honestly any advice could be helpful at this point lol. 

Arsenal is just a code one adds to an ammo box or some object to access arsenal once in a mission, its not a script with lists of weapons in it.

There are however whitelists where certain weapons can be essentially not be shown, but that all depends on the mission maker.

Ideally as said just load up the mods for your weapons you want to use, and just access arsenal in the mission.

Have you tried that?

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to BI forums!

Antistasi is not a mod, its a heavily scripted scenario, mods and scenarios have two different functions in terms of how they are used ingame.

Mods add new features and functions, and or change how the game is played be it for new functions in the edtior, adding new assets like new weapons and

gear, ect,.

Scenarios are what you create in the editor and are what you play, another term used for them is a mission.

All you need to do is have your weapon mods loaded when you go play the mission, access arsenal and all the weapons should show in the list there.

Arsenal is just a code one adds to an ammo box or some object to access arsenal once in a mission, its not a script with lists of weapons in it.

There are however whitelists where certain weapons can be essentially not be shown, but that all depends on the mission maker.

Ideally as said just load up the mods for your weapons you want to use, and just access arsenal in the mission.

Have you tried that?

Sorry I did not make it clear. The in-mission Arsenal is limited in the weapons you can access. The author designed it in such a way that when you begin the mission you have access to a very limited pool of weapons and gear and as you play through the scenario you can add things you capture to the ammobox and at a certain point (say for example when I collect 25 TRG rifles and have placed them in the ammo crate) that weapon is unlocked in the arsenal as it would be if you accessed the standard Virtual Arsenal directly from the main menu. What I want to figure out is how I can edit that initial pool of weapons and gear so I have access to some more things when the mission begins. I am assuming it is a whitelist that you mentioned above, but I do not know where to look to edit this and to be sure that it would register when I load the scenario on my multiplayer mission.  

I hope that is more clear sorry for the confusion. 

Thanks for clearing that up, you'll have to look at the scripts in the mission, and or contact the author, cant really tell you what he has.

It could be multiple scripts for one thing, one for a pool of weapons, the other to add them based on what the player picks up or adds, ect,.

Might be a thread here for that mission ... ah ask here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/177657-spco8-a-3-antistasi-altis/

although the author hasn't been on the forums since 2018, so you may need to look through the thread to see if someone else wanted

or has done what your looking to do, and or even ask there which is probably your best bet.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Yes that is a great help thank you for getting back to me so soon! 

Edit: could you show me a forum for Arsenal scripting so i can attempt to teach myself the basics. Sorry if that is inconvenient.

Edited by Caledonian Evocatus
Thought of more to add