redarmy

BIS please address support WP not working

Iv followed every guide i can find but support units do not support anyone.Repair,ammo or fuel,nothing works. AI leave the vehicle and stand there. Looking at the waypoint in zeus,it doesnt even register as support.It just registers as "Waypoint".

Please BIS its been 7 years and this has never worked.Waypoints(all of them) are essential to mission designers.I have not got the scripting talent to design m own support script,nor the time. I understand not polishing or implimenting things that should be in the game,like a sp revive.But please fix the support waypoint.

On the other hand,if im incredibly stupid and it does work y some magic tinkering,plz someone explain how.

On the feedbak tracker since 2017,not working correctly since 2013(or ever n that case)  https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124094

If you have AI on your team and you are the group leader the support works just fine, but if you are solo, the support menu is empty. Never noticed that before, you are right, sir.

To be concise: support menu is only available when you are commanding AI (and you're group leader).

Cheers!

1 hour ago, RCA3 said:

If you have AI on your team and you are the group leader the support works just fine, but if you are solo, the support menu is empty. Never noticed that before, you are right, sir.

To be concise: support menu is only available when you are commanding AI (and you're group leader).

Cheers!

Its far more broken than that though.AI are supposed to be logistically supporting AI Autonomously.An AI fuel truck on a WP for support should be moving to refuel AI vic's who have run out,anywhere on the map,with the first placed support vehicle being chosen to fullfill the wp regardless of distance.

Curerntly fuel trucks do move to a vic without fuel but do not refuel(unless the player or AI enter/exit the vehicle thats in need,odd in itself).

The AI call support,report support done via radio and that sens the support truck back to its support wp.But none of this happens as it should,its entirely broken and has never worked.

I find it hard to believe BIS hasnt addressed or fixed this in 7 years.Do they realise its broke? Did they decide its not worth fixing?I would really like some confirmation because its stuff like this which costs mission makers valuable time when they dont realise something that SAYS it is functional in game is absolutely not functional at all.

20 hours ago, redarmy said:

AI are supposed to be logistically supporting AI Autonomously

As far as I know support was only designed to be called by players.

do not refuel(unless the player or AI enter/exit the vehicle

Not true here, I stayed inside and my vehicle got refueled, there was enough room for both vehicles to operate though.

The AI call support,report support done via radio and that sens the support truck back to its support wp.

Only players will use the command menu obviously.

(...)wait until it can provide support for another group that requests relevant support using "Call Support" command menu. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoints#Support

Again, support works but only if you have AI in your group, and you're group leader.

2 hours ago, RCA3 said:

As far as I know support was only designed to be called by players.

Not true here, I stayed inside and my vehicle got refueled, there was enough room for both vehicles to operate though.

Only players will use the command menu obviously.

(...)wait until it can provide support for another group that requests relevant support using "Call Support" command menu. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Waypoints#Support

Again, support works but only if you have AI in your group, and you're group leader.

No this is untrue. AI are supposed to make use of these waypoint types,much like a "gaurd' wp the AI is reacting to a situation.

taken straight from the Biki:

Support

A group with a current waypoint of this type will move to the waypoint's position, then wait until it can provide support for another group that requests relevant support using "Call Support" command menu. At this time, the waiting group will proceed to the location where support was called for, disembark from any vehicles is possesses and wait for the supported group to declare "Support Done" before continuing to wait to respond to any further calls for support from their new location. Only groups with a medic, ambulance, fuel, ammo or repair vehicles can respond to support requests. In the case of multiple support groups, the first placed available group will always respond first, irrespective of distance. While this is a powerful waypoint type it requires diligence on the part of any human leaders, as they must announce "Support Done" to allow the AI support group to continue being able to provide support. AI leaders also tend to request that every single appropriate support group attends them. AI will not take a support group's vulnerability into consideration when requesting support.

As of 1.36 this waypoint type seems to be semi-functional. If you request support through the status menu (5 key by default) for a "medic", AI groups assigned this waypoint will move to your location. However once there it would seem there is no way to announce "Support Done". The game also replies to your request for support with "Negative" in the system chat if that type of support is not available (e.g. supply or fuel truck).

"AI will not take a support group's vulnerability into consideration when requesting support."

yes a refuel truck will come to the player and refuel can happen.Repair and rearm wont.

There fore this waypoint is about 10% functional.IE its absolutely useless.

AI leaders also tend to request that every single appropriate support group attends them. AI will not take a support group's vulnerability into consideration when requesting support.

My bad here, I've used support before as a player but never imagined AI would use this, sorry.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

Repair and rearm wont.

Rearm did work for me though, on a hunter HMG (and I didn't get out). Maybe some vehicles doesn't work? Didn't test repair.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, RCA3 said:

AI leaders also tend to request that every single appropriate support group attends them. AI will not take a support group's vulnerability into consideration when requesting support.

My bad here, I've used support before as a player but never imagined AI would use this, sorry.

Rearm did work for me though, on a hunter HMG (and I didn't get out). Maybe some vehicles doesn't work? Didn't test repair.

Cheers.

Its not really relevant in any way,the fact is it doesnt work on AI and it really should.Im hoping BIS address this.This has been on the feedback tracker for years now .

There are 2 logics (FSM) fighting for AIs cleverness!

Comic test:

- Place a Hunter with few gas, ammo, or health, no wpt

- Place a HEMTT (fuel) , far visible and passing near the hunter (simple move wpt with an overshoot position).

enjoy...  the HEMTT fuel will not reach its waypoint, the hunter will start and try to reach an old position of the Hunter.... Sometimes they collide (on a runway, as dead drunk).

On spring, they mate together (with no lineage) and the HEMTT stays beside the Hunter.

So, the support waypoint has no real added value, imho. Probably an old one. And if you want to make something working, as always, you need to cope with all already existing death drive and basic instinct of AIs.

That said, Happy New Year all. 🍾

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:02 PM, pierremgi said:

There are 2 logics (FSM) fighting for AIs cleverness!

Comic test:

- Place a Hunter with few gas, ammo, or health, no wpt

- Place a HEMTT (fuel) , far visible and passing near the hunter (simple move wpt with an overshoot position).

enjoy...  the HEMTT fuel will not reach its waypoint, the hunter will start and try to reach an old position of the Hunter.... Sometimes they collide (on a runway, as dead drunk).

On spring, they mate together (with no lineage) and the HEMTT stays beside the Hunter.

So, the support waypoint has no real added value, imho. Probably an old one. And if you want to make something working, as always, you need to cope with all already existing death drive and basic instinct of AIs.

That said, Happy New Year all. 🍾

In my ongoing struggle with this i found a solution to finally get logistic vehicles working...NOT THE SUPPORT WP* ,but logistic vehicles to do their job.

So to me this confirms where abouts the bug of support not working originates.

HOW TO MAKE AI REPAIR/REFUEL/REARM each other :

Using Zeus or High command or any 3rd party mod,have the vehicle in question that needs supply / repairs,move to a WP,have also the logistic vehicle move to a point rite beside it,the damged or in need of logistics vehicle crew need to , upon reaching the WP, "Get out" .Then get them back in.

This will complete the logistics vehicle repairing/refueling etc...

No support WP needed,though it can also be there for automated AI travel(if they feel bloody bothered)

Alternatively have the player or(perhaps) another AI enter the in need of logistics,vehicle and this will also trigger the logistics to function.

Whats actually happening here is that when each AI enter the vehicle it is causing the logistic functions to work *as they are entering.So what you might see with a marshall with a broken turret and no wheels,is the 1st AI gets in,it fixes the wheels,2nd AI get in,it fixes the turret,3rd AI gets in ,it fixes another component if needed and so on.

There you go, to anyone who especially is using High command and needs this to work in some way shape or form.BIS please address Support WP regardless.