Sign in to follow this  
Dunkersplay

Opposition Mods Blacklist?

So a year or two ago I believe I was banned from the Opposition Discord for pinging a dev. Now, keep in mind I understand that's internal drama and there's not much of a home for that here. However, what I am confused/concerned about is how they have an internal blacklist for said mods. I recently was trying to play SST Opposition with my friends, and as soon as I launched the game I got flooded with prompts saying "You are not allowed to play Opposition Mods."
My CPU spiked alongside with my screen flashing. Now typically this wouldn't be an issue, however I've recently discovered that I suffer from epilepsy which is caused primarily by Visual Stress. Lately it's been okay and I'm on medications for it so I'm not overly concerned by the matter. What does concern me though, is that I have absolutely no reason why this happened, and I was wondering if it's happened to anyone else.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to start anything and just want a better understanding of this situation as my attempts to talk to anyone about it have kind of gone down under.

1 hour ago, stanhope said:

Ask them, we can't possibly know. 

Would if I could

When I asked in their mod comments on the workshop I got banned from commenting on it and I'm banned from their discord. As I said, only really asking here in case anyone else had this happen or knows what's going on

At a huge guess, sounds like maybe they're running a custom mod that may also include IDs/profileNames of banned players so that they can run script/s to prevent them using their mod? I even downloaded it to have a look, but I think thier pbo's are protected (they're all even called STOP_n.pbo) and that's where my knowledge of modding ends.

57 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

At a huge guess, sounds like maybe they're running a custom mod that may also include IDs/profileNames of banned players so that they can run script/s to prevent them using their mod? I even downloaded it to have a look, but I think thier pbo's are protected (they're all even called STOP_n.pbo) and that's where my knowledge of modding ends.

Well thanks for trying. I'll take a peak at those .pbos myself at some point, however I must say this is a bit of a pain. All I wanna do is play some Starship Troopers man.