by Blake[Kyllikki]

(gblake@luukku.com)

Type: Co-op

Side: West (US Marines/SEALs)

Max.Players: 19

Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Size 1200 KB

Mission overview:

US Marines and Navy SEALs have been assigned on a joint mission to destroy multiple Vietcong/NVA-held strongpoints.

SEALs are tasked to attack VC-held village together with ARVN squad while Marines are assigned to clear possible VC

ambush location at an intersection. Joint effort is required to complete various multiple objectives set by MACV.

REQUIREMENTS:

SEB Nam Pack v2.0 or greater

Jungle Everon v1.20

NOTE: mission has nothing to do with other tour-of-duty projects floating on this forum...

Download:

http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloa...._II.zip

fantastic, thinking of doing any more nam based missions? your other two (plei mei and arvn rescue) were really popular, very well made missions

Ah, shame it doesn't use Ia Drang, was about to put it on the GP server.

I think taken together, Jungle Everon is still great Vietnam Island. It doesn't have so much vegetation generally, but patches of Jungle are much more intense and the trees are taller. Wider dirt roads and open spaces look much like some areas of Vietnam. Best of all, you hear crickets squeeking all the time not only night adding to atmosphere and most importantly, there are no 'Invisible Wall' bugs like there still are in Ia Drang vegetation. It is very frustrating to shoot and hit invisible wall enemy just hiding behind.

Don't get me wrong it's magnificent island but Jungle Everon is great too and should still remain standard addon island on servers since it represents different kind of Vietnam terrain. I will probably do more missions for it since our squad uses it. Perhaps Nam pack could include it to future versions unless something new and radical is coming along. I have an impression it also less CPU-intensive allowing more AIs to be present without too much slowdown.

offtopic:

Evisc your animated pic looks quite nasty  crazy.gif

hopefully it isn't your daughter/niece...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Jan. 31 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah, shame it doesn't use Ia Drang, was about to put it on the GP server.<span id='postcolor'>

snap